Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Is it ok if I weigh in on Thursday this week? I'll be out of town without a scale on Friday.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @363days - There is still a big void in our hearts but they are making our grief a bit bit lighter <3
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - not my best week but better than I thought it was

s8d2a8tpyssa.jpeg
  • AlphaEliJoe
    AlphaEliJoe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 this week can be excused as I wasn't consistent nor happy with my exercising this week. But from tomorrow I am doing 2 miles a day, that takes me about 30-32 mins. I will track with MapmyRun and paste the times here when I am done.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,919 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 this week can be excused as I wasn't consistent nor happy with my exercising this week. But from tomorrow I am doing 2 miles a day, that takes me about 30-32 mins. I will track with MapmyRun and paste the times here when I am done.

Sounds great ...will excuse you this week :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Reminder .... I need the following people's steps so I can post the results tomorrow

@AlphaEliJoe 4/4-4/10 (unless you want to be excused this week)
    @Piqueaboo 4/4-4/10
    @363days - 4/7-4/10
    @azkunk -4/5-4/10
    @missysave0612 -4/6-4/10
    @transparentenigma 4/4-4/10

Thank you for your cooperation :)

Yes! Thank you for reminding me!

4/4 6959
    5/4 4702
    6/4 9565
    7/4 2250
    8/4 13955
    9/4 8702
    10/4 14014
    11/4 16358

• Piqueaboo
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    yfed7ujnji96.jpeg
    ryk1v1y3ahd9.jpeg
    Our new additions 💗🐶🐶🥰😍

Omg. I’m obsessed!

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Daily Goals
    ✅Steps 6,142
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

My sleep sucked again last night and once again I ended up snacking. It wasn’t pretty either. This is 4 nights of not being able to fall asleep. Stress and sleep affect my eating more than anything else. I need to get a grip as my weight was way up there this morning. After a year of restrictions and lockdowns I don’t know why this one is stressful. Anyway, something for me to work on this week.

I’m sorry to hear that. This past year, I went through numerous bouts of sleepless nights, coupled with late night binging (snacking doesn’t do it justice). Every now and then if I don’t stick to my routine, I’m up all night- eating.

I received a lot of excellent advice. I finally combined:
    Daily exercise
    No caffeine past 4:00
    No eating past 8:00
    Turning off the tv/phone by 9:30 (phone sends a reminder 30 minutes prior)
    Taking an extended release low dose melatonin
    Off to bed at 9:30
    Listening to Nothing Much Happens podcast

I hope you find what works for you. Wishing you sweet dreams that last all night.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/11
    Peloton 40 minutes, 10 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 5,000
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    Pw: 151.0
    CW: 150.7
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps
    4/6 - 1754
    4/7 - 2724
    4/8 - 2293
    4/9 - 2595
    4/10 - 3375
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    mot47wktgfrh.jpg
    xtglig40gsew.png
    vnq1v335akwg.png
    vq8s0jave7er.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    ng8reu3kn2zt.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    q5zi1go5m0ag.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @kirsten11872 2.12 %
    2nd @bumpbreakcar 1.81%
    3rd @kerdil08 1.79 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @rwood566 4.2 Lbs
    2nd @davidji82 4.0 Lbs
    3rd @kirsten11872 3.7 Lbs
    3rd @lelbarou 3.7 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @veryhotmails
    @Bluetail6
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @gillexplores
    @machchic
    @roz0810
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @moamb
    @EvMakesChanges

08wupsjxrz3r.png

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    04/11
    Steps = 11,038
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    congrats to the team. excellent work this week.

@azkunk they are totally adorable. have a great time raising them.

numbers for 4/11:
    steps - 11200. i think that's the most i've done in a very long time. a walk in the morning and then lots of shopping tonight.
    calories - under 1800. about 1600 actually. i still get to eat some sugar free jello for dessert.
    exercise - 3.73 mile walk this morning in 1:14. i'm going to try for the 3rd week challenge.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @kirsten11872. Congratulations!!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 235
    CW: 234

----
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

Had quite an active week this past week. On Monday I did near 30 mins of weights, Tuesday ended up collecting and moving over 50 heavy patio slabs which took a couple of hours, Thursday I did over 12,000 steps on a nature walk with a friend and Friday did some gardening. All that activity and not sleeping too great knocked my energy levels and whatnot, but I'm slowly feeling better than I was.

Later next week I will officially meet my goal of not getting any takeaway since before Christmas which is an achievement I'm proud of for multiple reasons.

I was on track to stay under 1600 for 5 days this week, but I listened to myself and allowed myself to go over that at the weekend, but still under my 1lb loss amount. As I said previously, I'll be shortly having to go up closer to 1lb loss amount anyway as 1.5lb expected loss will go under 1500 a day which I don't think would be sustainable for me.

It's so interesting the difference, for 1.5lb expected loss it's about 1540 a day, 1lb loss 1790 a day so if you go up to 1790 x7, it gives you 1,750 calories extra in the week to play with which depending how you use it, is heck of a lot more in theory when you're used to lower during the week.

Being honest, with dipping into the calories more towards 1lb loss, I've felt a little less deprived if I've felt I wanted something else at the weekend. I mean, I go through the weekday staying on the 1.5 amount to then end up going to the expected 1lb loss for the sake of 2 days feels a little defeating, however, I need to remind myself whilst it may be a slower loss rate if I do, allowing myself more flexibility than I do, gives a more casual life living approach instead of all or nothing. All a balance to strike, I love that I'm still being mindful in whatever I choose.

Next week there will be birthday celebrations so, probably will try and have a day or two of not tracking everything. I'm still committed to my weightloss journey so it'll feel weird, but a needed temporary release from tracking calories perhaps. I'll see how I feel next week and go from there.

Off out for another nature walk in a few hours, have a great week everyone!

P.s Loving seeing all the team success and omg your new additions are so cute @azkunk , that was my family 8 years ago, intending to get 1 after 2 of ours died within 2 weeks of each other, but there were only 2 left so you can guess what happened.. yep came home with 2! They are still a cheeky duo even now, they keep my coming up 15 year old girl dog company which is lovely.
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Congratulations to our Downsizers team, @rwood566, @roz0810, @lelbarou, and myself. Forgive me if I left any Downsizer out.

Now for the story I was going to tell, before last week completely blew up. I'll try to be as brief as I can... Well, for me...

So, as I stated earlier... I got the weirdest phone call. There is no way I can tell it w/o some background.

As I have stated in the past, my father was killed in a car accident when I was 6. It was a tough time, as my mother immediately went to work. I was the first girl after 4 boys. Needless to say, I was very close to my father. So when he was, just, gone (in the eyes of a child), I withdrew. To the point I couldn't eat lunch in the lunch room. I would sit with my first grade teacher in the classroom, and eat my lunch. There were a few bullies. One of them would tease me every chance he got. This went on for quite sometime. I was just shy, and withdrawn, so I didn't say anything. It was addressed by the faculty if it was noticed.

Fast forward to Middle School... This same person, would say some pretty outrageous things. At that point I was not withdrawn; however, I just wouldn't engage them. Please understand kids can be crafty, so crafty... This person never said anything w/i earshot of anyone else. Again, I had the words, whatever they may have been. I just didn't want to engage them...

Fast forward to High School... The last time this person and I ever spoke, I got the last word in, and eviscerated them to the point, they turned a shade of red I have NEVER seen since... No foul language. I had a decent vocabulary even then.

Fast forward to the phone call... I answered with my usual, "This is Lee." There was silence on the other end. I almost hung up, thinking it was a spam call. The person on the other end said his name. I didn't recognize it as it had been a long time, to say the least. When he asked if I remembered him from school, I said, "you have got to be kidding."

I asked how he got my number, as it is unlisted, and I'm on a do not call list. Close friends who know this story would never give my phone number out, period. Let alone to this idiot. He said it took a long time of searching to come up with it.

When I asked what the he## he wanted, he said to apologize. The short of it is, he has a child who is now being bullied at school... He never knew the effect it had till he experienced it first hand with his child. I was astounded. I basically said I am far different from the scared child he targeted. I forgave him for the sake of his child. No other reason. I hung up. That was one weird phone call😉😉

Wow. I’ve read that on some occasions people get these phone calls but getting one directly must be a strange sensation. All those memories must have come flooding back - I can’t imagine. It’s a shame it took him having a kid being bullied to realize he did wrong but then again better late than never, I think. Good on you for handling the situation the way you did. Wow.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Piqueaboo. Strange, doesn't even cover it.... Right😂!! But, seriously, for his child's sake, you are right.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/11 Steps: 10,289
This discussion has been closed.