Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 9,293

So close to 10K. Yesterday was relaxing, did my chest/triceps workout and upped the weight so feel it today. Took my son to basketball but sat in the car and watched because after the gorgeous day sat we are back to chilly gray days. I anticipate doing the same thing later today at soccer.

Rest of the day was cleaning and relaxing at home. I need get my snacking under control the sugar cravings are crazy right now. My meals are all mostly healthy then I blow it by eating crap!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Glad that headache went away and you had a nice walk. That is great your parents are being so successful. Congrats to them both!

@azkunk
    Your puppies are adorable. Your plateau has to break soon.

@363days
    No problem to weigh in early!

@TheresaM787
    Thanks for the advice. I turned off my iPad early and I read instead. I still had trouble falling asleep but did eventually. I did wake up an hour later feeling stressed out and ended up eating.

@Beautyofdreams
    Nice loss!

@Bluetail6
    That is a weird call. It is too bad it took his child being bullied to see the error of his ways.

@rwood566
    Awesome steps!

@mszoueb
    Nice loss! Lifting those patio slabs would have given a nice calorie burn. Four months without takeout is a great achievement.

@jimboden3
    It always catch’s me off guard but I am careful to watch for that. Glad your heel is better. The best thing I find for my heels is bag balm. It’s messy but it works great. Can’t wait to see a picture of that rower.

@rlaskey2
    It is so frustrating to have the meals down pat but have to deal with sugar cravings. One way I have read is to eat something sour when you have a sugar craving.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2021
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    April Week 2 Top Steppers Are:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 -143,295 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 - 114,020 steps
    3rd @lcfa5317 -100,782 steps
    4th @rlaskey2 - 92,148 steps
    5th @TheresaM787 -91,800 steps
    A BIG CONGRATS LADIES :):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,011,376 STEPS ..WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):)

Recognizing everyone to pledged their steps

@lindamtuck2018 -7/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 -6/7
    @lelbarou 1/7
    @Piqueaboo -2/7
    @888Angie888 -4/7
    @363days - 0/7
    @TheresaM787 -6/7
    @azkunk -2/7
    @rlaskey2- 4/7
    @Tazaria87 -4/7
    @Z1ORtza- 5/7
    @cesse47 - 7/7
    @red1185 -1/7
    @rwood566 - 3/7
    @missysave0612 -0/7
    @Bluetail6 -2/7

GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):)
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    4/11 Steps: 7,435

@azkunk your puppies are ADORABLE!

@Bluetail6 that’s a very strange phone call. I’m impressed with the way that you handled it. Idk that I could’ve done the same.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/11: 12,999
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello Everyone. This is just a quick check in. We are on the way to the emergency vet with our dog. His regular vet can't see him, and they are down a vet at his regular place. Will check in later.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 - I hope all is well with you dog. As far as the phone call goes , it’s good that he actually realized the gravity of his actions even if it’s too little and too late

@red1185 - thanks 🐶🥰

@lindamtuck2018 - have you tried melatonin?

@Tazaria87 - nice job getting the whole family involved in the walk

@rlaskey2 - sugar cravings are getting me too.

@jimboden3 - can’t wait to hear how you like the rower. I placed my order for the C2 today 😁

@mszoueb - you are doing such a great job 🤩 The pups are adjusting well and my almost 15 yr old Westie is keeping up with them when she’s not being a grump

@rwood566 - thanks. They are definitely keeping us busy 😊

@Piqueaboo - they are super cute and have us all obsessed. I just hope my kids don’t lose interest in helping with the training too fast.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 5,500

@lindamtuck2018
    I’m so sorry to hear that! Insomnia is terrible. I wish I had the answer to help you. I hope you find something that works for you. Great job getting your water and steps in, even with your lack of sleep.

Congratulations to everyone working on their steps- over 1 million steps! You are amazing 🤩

@Bluetail6
    I hope everything is ok.

@Tazaria87
    Well done! That’s a long walk for a little one. It sounds like you both did awesome 🥳 love that all of you were together and walking!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @azkunk what are their names? Boys or girls?

@Bluetail6 prayers for your dog.

Started making ham hock and beans for dinner. Didn't know we had to keep checking the water level and let it boil dry. Lost the beans but saved the hock. Pulled out a can veg and improvised. Not what I wanted for dinner but I at least ate a good amount instead of stuffing myself. I'm going to go for a walk before it gets dark. Got the word that cardio refused my referral again. They keep demanding my surgery date for weightloss procedure. We have told them 3 times that I am not planning on that surgery. I think I may have to go there and try to talk to someone in person. Otherwise nothing will happen with my light headedness. Sorry for the vent here.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Username: transparentenigma
    Steps: 7000+
    PW: 303
    CW: 301.6
    Exercise: yes
    Water: yes ( just literally drank 6 ounces of water to make it B)
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Username. lcfa5317
    PW 192
    CW 191.3

Steps = 10,604
    04/12
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @transparentenigma very nice stats.

@Tazaria87 congrats on getting your family involved. it really livens up the walks when you're with everyone.

@lindamtuck2018 i hope you can get your sleep under control soon. i'd send you some aroma patches i got when i was having problems sleeping, but getting them over the border would be a pain.

check-in for 4/12:

steps - 7534. i'll get more later tonight when i go pick up my daughter from work.
    calories - under 1800. i have extra room due to reduced dinner but i don't know if i want dessert.
    exercise - yes. 20 min working my arms with 15 lb dumbbell. 3.57 mile walk after dinner in 1 hr 13 min.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Today was a good day. I had off today so my morning walk was a little later than usual and it was already hot and sunny by 8:00. I only walked about 25 minutes and it was a little bit of a slower pace, so I made sure to walk another 20 minutes tonight during my daughter’s dance class. My macros were on track today and I am more than 100 calories below target. I have ver 10K steps so far and I should hit my water goal soon. It feels good to have a day like this again.

Goals for tomorrow:
    1. Walk for 30 minutes (before 7am)
    2. Pack food for work and eat it
    3. 90 oz water
    4. Take at least 2 walk breaks and have 6500 steps before leaving work
  • azkunk
    Options
    @rwood566 - both boys. They are litter mates and all I was told is that they are Sheltie mixes. Croc has a long body and short, little legs and Volt is a twice as big and fluffy. They were the names given at the foster home and everyone liked them so we didn’t change them
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    We just got back from the vet!! I'm tired and hungry. I'll have info tomorrow. Thank you all for your good thoughts. I'm grateful I have some good eating habits in place... This has been a tough few weeks. I'm up to it. So don't worry. Lee🧡
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185
    Great steps!

@888Angie888
    Nice steps! You are doing great with your mini challenge!

@Bluetail6
    Hope your dog is ok. Don’t let the stress take you away from those good habits.

@azkunk
    Melatonin made me really hyper when I took it. I know, I am weird.

@TheresaM787
    Nice biking!

@rwood566
    Vent away! We are here to listen. Great job on your steps! It’s funny you mention aroma patches. I just ordered an essential oil roller to help with headaches. (Anything is worth trying). Maybe it will help with sleep. Great job on exercise and sleep.

@transparentenigma
    Awesome loss! Also, great job on the water.

@lcfa5317
    Nice loss!

@azkunk
    I hope you have another great one today. You make a good plan to ensure your goals are met. I am in awe of yours plan to have 6,500 steps before work.
This discussion has been closed.