Options

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    04/13
    10,936 steps
    It’s cold! I need some more warm weather for my mental health. All these cold dreary gray days are difficult.

I went through a hard time when we had a long spell (for us) of dreary and cold. I researched the concept of Hygge, and hung different strings of lights throughout the kitchen, living room and dining room. It looked magical and helped to make my environment so much more cozy. I hope you find what works for you.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for your dog. I’m glad to read he is on the upswing. It’s always so scary when our fur babies don’t feel well.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for 4/13: 8,194.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    @Bluetail6 sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for your dog. I’m glad to read he is on the upswing. It’s always so scary when our fur babies don’t feel well.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for 4/13: 8,194.

Missing steps for 4/12 ...I apologize if I missed them
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/13: 16,554
    Daily mini-workout ✔️
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    For those trying to ditch the soda and not suffer the headaches--there is calorie free fizzy water with caffeine that might help?

Safeway has their store brand 'Soleil' and there is also 'Bubly' in different flavors. The can says 35 mg caffeine sourced from green coffee beans.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @missysave0612 no gain while you're going thru a major purchase is a very nice win. congrats on the closing. good luck with the move. i'd help if you were in my neighborhood.

@rlaskey2 sorry about the recruiter. i hope you'll post a few pics after everything is done. very good weigh in. even a little loss with so much going on is a plus. pizza and chicken is ok once a blue moon. good steps.

@888Angie888 thanks for the info. i wish i would have known that when i went thru it. lol excellent steps.

I've had a rough day so far. went on my walk and had to call off my attempt due to light headedness and slowly made my way home. still went 3.5 miles, since it took 1 mile to get home. i really need to take that dang phone with me. then, after lunch and more water i was looking in the bottom of the fridge for dinner, stood up and almost blacked out. i had to hang on to the fridge so i wouldn't drop. this is getting so frustrating.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @missysave0612
    Congrats on the new house! Great job on cutting back your pop consumption. I know how hard this is to do. We just moved at the beginning of January and it is a lot of work.

@888Angie888
    I never heard about water with caffeine before. Wish I knew that 2 years ago when I stopped drinking it by the case.

@rlaskey2
    Nice loss! Sorry that your call didn’t go well.

@rwood566
    Take it easy and be careful. Bring your phone if you venture out tomorrow.

@kdlgiannoulis
    Awesome loss! That’s great that you are running the half marathon. Let us know how you do!

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/14
    Peloton- 35 minutes, 9 miles, moderate effort
    Steps- 5,800

@lindamtuck2018
    Yes, I ride every day. When I started the process of getting healthier, I not only wasn’t exercising, I did everything to avoid exercise. After listening to Atomic Habits, he suggested stacking a habit that you do every day (drink morning coffee) with something you need to do (exercise). So now, every day after I have my coffee, I exercise. It’s become a habit.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @kdlgiannoulis
    Congratulations on your loss and good luck with your half marathon!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @azkunk
    Way to go meeting your water and exercise goals!

@lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations on hitting all four of your daily goals- including sleep 😴
    🥳🎉 three pound loss 👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    excellent weigh ins this week for everyone. great work.

check in for 4/14:
    steps - 8175. it'll be less for a day or two. i'm going to take some time off of exercise to see if it helps my recurring light headedness.
    calories - well under 1800. last night my dessert time turned bad. ate 2 sugar free jello cups but then ate a bunch of peanuts.
    exercise - yes.

my calorie burn is mysterious to me. why is mine so high and other people's in this group isn't when you do more? i use MFP to figure my calorie burn. today my FitBit said i burned 1360 calories on my walk but MFP only said 600 and change. this difference is making me ignore my calorie gain from exercise and just keep my eating under 1800 whether i exercise or not.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 251.4
    CW: 254

had a few treats this week so was expecting this. Will work extra hard to drop the gain this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Great job on the exercise! What a great way to develop a habit. I am going to order the book today. Do you have a workbook to go along with it?

@rwood566
    Great steps! I hope the rest helps. I just sync my Fitbit with mfp. The only frustrating part is lately you don’t see your Fitbit calorie adjustment until the next morning.

@roz0810
    You can do this!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    04/14/2021
    steps = 9,966
    Why didn't I walk around the house to get it to 10,000? Lol - I usually do that - I was feeling down yesterday, so that was probably the reason.
    Can someone explain to me how to respond to another post? I try to do it with Quote, but I must be doing something wrong.
    I am hoping today will be better than yesterday, but it is gray and cold thus far. Oh well.
This discussion has been closed.