Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @rlaskey2 I'm curious to hear if you get any affects from the J & J. If I'd had that option, I think I would have gone that route because it covers more. Nice steps!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Megan, your feet sound like they are in such pain. When you walk the long distances, is it painful for you, or is the walking something that doesn't hit the pain areas? You are really someone who shows a great deal of determination. I understand not wanting to have another surgery - recovery time is so frustrating. If you have to have it, my sister told me that taking out the screw in her ankle was the best thing she had every done. Good luck with the upcoming appointments.

With my New Balance shoes I am not in pain while out there ...it is when I come home that my feet start to throb .... I had x-rays in both feet yesterday and I see him again next week ..Then the following week I have my hernia surgery (again) ....It is never ending with me ughh
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/8: 16,397
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 8
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 104oz
    Steps 6842
    Exercise Carrying boxes/bins up and down stairs

After my neices got picked up in the early afternoon, I rocked on loading up my sale stuff. I carried all the boxes, bins, and baby equipment up the stairs from the basement and then out to the car. It was like a tetris puzzle figuring out where everything could fit haha. And I drive a 3 row SUV! I had a lot of stuff. Thankfully, my mom is going to be going with today so I have a few things to put in her car that wouldn't fit in mine. I know I was short on steps yesterday but my back was already crampy from carrying everything so I decided not to worry about it just one time. I needed my back to be good today because I have to carry all that same stuff into the building to be checked, and then also go put each item out on the floor myself. I'm praying at least most of it sells so that I don't have much to take back home lol.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks @rwood566 ... I am hoping I do not have to have another foot surgery ...I am beyond done with being cut open
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 18,788

Went for a 3 miles walk near the water with a friend and did my legs workout later in the day. Skinnytaste dinner was general tsao’s chicken with organs ginger broccoli and brown rice and no one complained.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for 4/6 were 17,349
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting Weight): 249 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 212.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 210.4 lbs

Slowly moving back to where I was although this week was not easy for me, I didn't have much energy so went quite slow. I'll attempt to get some sports in tomorrow, it's started raining again so it is a bit demotivating. But I'm practising being kind to myself, we all have off days or weeks!

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    rwood566
    check in day: friday
    PW 337.2
    CW 333.0

i had a good week despite that ugly, but very delicious, lunch. i didn't stress over it to much, just altered my plans for dinner and grabbed a walk in the heat.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 good luck with your feet. i know how it is to carry a screw for life. i have one in my right foot since 1992.

thursday check-up:
    steps - maybe 1000? i didn't wear my fit-bit until i went to bed. i stayed inside most of the day with a headache.
    calories - well within my 1800. if this keeps up maybe i'll lower it again.
    exercise - i washed the car at a car wash. took 9 minutes. i always have fun doing it. i wish i could do it at home with a sponge like i did as a kid.

i'm sure there are several people i'd like to comment to, but unfortunately my memory problem is in high gear today. i had to read 2 pages of posts and was forgetting what i read 4 posts later. i don't like writing things down but i may have to start. congrats to everyone who got shots. i remember someone lost their pet but he got to go in loving arms. that's ultimate love and respect. high class. good weigh ins everyone.

@Tazaria87 good luck with the consignment sale. i hope the only thing you have to bring back are boxes full of cash. they will probably be lighter than those you took out.

That would be fabulous, thank you!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,911 Member
    Options
    Hard to type. Cat is on my lap needing extra love. Laptop typing not easy @with one hand. @lindamtuck2018. Ilove your comment about "never giving up." Later, friends.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Nice loss!

@Tazaria87
    Sounds like you probably burned a ton of calories moving the boxes. I hope get everything sold.

@rwood566
    Amazing loss! I feel for you with the headache and memory problems. Ever since I got covid in December I have had headaches and memory problems. I know the memory issues drive me insane. My husband always teases me and tell me it’s old age. Hope your headache is better.

@rlaskey2
    Awesome steps! You make the most amazing suppers.

@Piqueaboo
    Great loss! I think acknowledging that it was a hard week and telling yourself is ok is so important. It is so easy to be kind to others but very hard to be the same with ourselves.

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/9
    Steps 9,000
    Stationary bike 50 minutes, 10 miles moderate effort
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 sorry about your friend's loss. i've always thought that some pets, cats in particular, could sense when we need some comforting and so they come and bug us. nice weight loss, also.

@Piqueaboo slow is good when slow is required. 2 lbs in a week is excellent when you have to go slow. always listen to your body.

@rlaskey2 those meals sound great. i'm going to have to check them out. great step counts.

@lindamtuck2018 i wound up going to bed 2 hours early to help with the headache. luckily it was gone this morning. thank you. my memory problems drive me bonkers. i'll forget things almost immediately and sometimes i'll remember things completely out of the blue.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    4/9
    34 minute walk.
    96 oz fluid.
    over calories but under maintenance calories.
    We had my sister & brother-in-law over for a large supper. Started reading Atomic Habits tonight. Seeing doctor next week to discuss the medication changes made. My weight has gone up from the change and no longer on the verge of passing out in the mornings. Healing has stalled on my right foot where I ripped the skin off. Doctor wants me to stay off my feet but that will not keep my weight under control so will try some short walks until see the doctor again.

In the beginning of April I was approached by MFP for an interview in response to a post that I had written. After much deliberation, I did the interview and sent my photos off. If it is published will appear in the "Victory blogs" I am not holding my breath that it will be published as the people in those stories are amazing and I am rather an addictive personality that has to be careful what habits I develop.

Have a great weekend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Nice loss!

@Tazaria87
    Sounds like you probably burned a ton of calories moving the boxes. I hope get everything sold.

@rwood566
    Amazing loss! I feel for you with the headache and memory problems. Ever since I got covid in December I have had headaches and memory problems. I know the memory issues drive me insane. My husband always teases me and tell me it’s old age. Hope your headache is better.

@rlaskey2
    Awesome steps! You make the most amazing suppers.

@Piqueaboo
    Great loss! I think acknowledging that it was a hard week and telling yourself is ok is so important. It is so easy to be kind to others but very hard to be the same with ourselves.

Thanks Linda :)
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Steps 9;901

Fitbit died at the end of the day at some point. Did shoulder workout and a dog walk. Grocery shopped and cleaned my refrigerator which was so in need. Last night went to a gathering for my friends daughters birthday held outside. So nice that we are getting to weather where we can all start to get together again safely. Most there had at least one vaccine if not both. Vaccines are going to be opened up to everyone here on the 19th. 🙌 I did have a couple of slices of pizza and some white claw seltzer’s at least they are only 100 calories. They are my beverage of choice in the summer month when socializing since they are low calorie and fill me up being bubbly yet still allow me to partake in social drinking.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I have to take time to order that book today. Take care of your foot. You don’t want to be laid up for an extended period of time. Let me know when the interview gets posted as I really want to read it.

@rwood566
    Great job having desert and staying under calories.

@rlaskey2
    Your steps are great even with your Fitbit dying.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options

Just a reminder on the weigh in format. It makes it a lot easier for me to find.

Username:
    Weigh in Day
    PW:
    CW:

This discussion has been closed.