Mission Slimpossible - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,647 Member
    Options
    @trooworld How exciting, new books are awesome!

@jjugar Is the Cancer Code new? I've only read The Obesity Code and haven't heard of that one until you mentioned it.

@raleighgirl09 I get a produce delivery then to Walmart pickup a lot, that's one way COVID has made life easier for those with mobility or time issues. I went to grocery shop one day and I'd added chocolate covered marshmallow cookies to all my orders when I didn't feel good and had to go back and delete them from my carts!

@Caitlingfry I hope you're on the mend and the steroids work quickly.

@TeresaW1020 Are you going to sneak the pizza stone in or make him pizza on it first so he can't say anything?

Saturday check-in
    I went to the ER for steroids the other day and am still kind of bouncing back, doing a little then resting.
  • Jypsy1
    Jypsy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Username. Jypsy1
    Weigh in day Saterday
    PW. 141.2
    Cw. 141.2

I have had a Rough couple of weeks! So I was surprised when I was at least holding

Starting with a migration which of course makes it so I can't even look at the screen on my phone, then top it off with an abscess tooth and a head cold and I haven't worked out in what feels like ages and my diet has been horrible but here's to a new week!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Apr 2021 Sunday
    PW 138.2lbs (62.7kg)
    CW 141lbs (64kg)
    LTD about 37lbs (16.8 kg)
    GOAL weight 121lbs (55kg)

Gained - ate over a dozen bars of chocolate. Finding things challenging. Will be more aware from this moment.

I feel like a fraud. I'm so sorry.

xtahz82d0y4b.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    nvs623ldlpwm.gif

:star:WEEK FIVE CHALLENGE is up! This week you will give up something that has been causing you to struggle and replace it with something that will help you move closer to your goals. Let's finish April strong!! B)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831241/week-five-challenge-do-this-not-that#latest
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    7mjiq3ypc5st.jpg
    ddra9fgidpw8.png
    f49c09y33a32.png
    vnobx5h2h3pd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    xkvn7t3l38sy.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    o5bxc0aldzjj.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @healthygirlintransit 3.65 %
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 3.28%
    3rd @jimboden3 2.50 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @heathygirlintransit 8.0 Lbs
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 7.2 Lbs
    3rd @jimboden3 5.3 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @TheresaM787
    @bumpbreakcar
    @Aqualang26
    @gak71
    @ellz_runs
    @kerdil08
    @leni1us
    @davidji82
    @CharmingPassion

vbmarmvbuodm.png

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

rm6g268a47ac.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 For me, planning ahead is key for a successful week. I do get my groceries delivered sometimes, if I don't, I order them for pick-up. It's very convenient. I think it cuts down on impulse buying for me, too, and it keeps me out of the people-ly stores!

@caitlingfry It's good to hear from you, I've been thinking of you. I hope you continue to improve and get back to yourself soon. Do you have your sense of smell/taste back yet?

@fierce1alicia Happy birthday!!! Any loss during a birthday week is a win!

@TeresaW1020 YES!!! And yes, this week is mine to make of it what I will. ;) mmmmm...Fathead pizza! <3

@Cornanda It is only a blip for you, too! Hang in there and make the best of this week. <3

@Katmary71 Yes!!! Unfortunately, I won't get them for about 2-3 weeks because of the backorders at the store, but I'll get them eventually. I'm glad you are resting up. Hugs to you!

@Jypsy1 Oh dear, that sounds like a very rough couple of weeks. I hope you are feeling better now!

@apple852hk Is it emotional eating or do you just like the taste of chocolate? Can you try drinking hot chocolate mix instead of eating a bar? That way you'd still get the taste of chocolate and it would be less damaging. You are NOT a fraud! You are just having a tough time right now. Hugs to you!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday, I stayed on track and made the most of my Saturday. Today, I plan on doing some self-care and relaxing before I hit it hard next week. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 695 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday (FUNday) check in

Highdee Ho, SlimO's!!! I feel like I've had a successful weekend so far - good meals and increased water and sleep and got a longer walk today. Yesterday was rainy and I was feeling like 'a poor sweet baby' as we call it here in Ladd Land, and I just went with it so there were far fewer steps that I'd have liked. But lots of rest so it was an acceptable trade off. Got a long walk today that kinda wore my leg and calf out - maybe not too smart...? But we'll see - if I feel like a second, shorter walk this afternoon to end the day, it'll take me to my 10,000 steps. I find that after about a year and a half of walking daily, it feels much more like a habit and thing I do because I want to, rather than something I have to force myself to do.

Thanks to all who weighed in on grocery ordering! @Katmary71 that's kinda funny - almost like your inner devil id was at the helm, throwing things in the basket while you're not looking! I totally get that some folks do better with the going to the store like @TeresaW1020 for the whole getting out with mom. In the beginning of COVID, my stepdad went to Food Lion about twice a day and felt he was following protocol because it was 'only to the store.' It was what he needed to do at the moment - and they still have a weekly run they look forward to. I love the shopping online and getting delivery as a mainstay but feel quite sure that I'll go about once a month to the brick and morter.

I'm reading a very quick read from Kindle - kind of in the same as style as 'Who Moved My Cheese?' from back in the day. This one is weight loss centric and called 'In All Things, Moderation.' This was in the 2.99 range and has been very interesting so far. I love to read about every angle of eating, weight loss, fat chick lit, memoirs, fiction, etc., surrounding the topic and feel I learn a little something with each thing I find. This one had a great bit about choosing a lifestyle in which you can eat anything - but keep in mind that doesn't mean you can eat everything. The point is....not everything...at once. => Applying moderation to the equation. I do several of the things recommended - I eat what I want, when I want - which means sometimes the full-fat or non-diet version....and sometimes the diet version, but it's my preferance in either case. I don't eat by the clock, my meals are often delayed by a few hours from other people, starting with breakfast around 11 and ending with dinner around 8. I'm eating 2 squares of chocolate almost every day but if I run out, I don't replace it with anything, I just wait until I have more. I eat slowly and I don't overfill - and, in fact, that is a lesson I learned and have kept from 15 years ago after spending several years losing 130 pounds.

BUT. One of the recommendations is to truly taste and consider the flavor OF EACH BITE. Wow - ok, so I know I don't do that because I can tell a difference just in doing it a few times. Truly savor the flavor past the first bite or two and if I am starting to have a dullness, I'm stopping and putting the food down for a few minutes. The other recommendation which is actually a revelation in the true sense for me, is to..... Not to save the best for last. WAIT.....WHUUUT???

Eat the middle of the cinnamon roll, first? Eat the juiciest, most tender bite of steak, first? Get to the middle bite of sandwich sooner rather than later...???? Has someone lost their mind??? But wait - there's more. The premise is that if you want to only eat to satisfied and be willing to leave food behind when you hit that point, you are less likely to do that if you have left the most enticing food behind. However, if you have already eaten the most satisfying and choice morsels when you hit that point, you are less likely to feel like you really want to continue eating. Why eat past that point for the lesser enticing morsels...?

Friends and neighbors - this is going to take some thought and planning and being very intentional at the beginning of a meal. But - WOW - does that ever sound like an epiphany to me. This feels like a key piece of information for me and I'm looking forward to exploring it.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend! <3
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 In All Things, Moderation sounds interesting. I'm adding it to my reading list.

@Katmary71 I believe The Cancer Code is Jason Fung's latest book. It came out last year. I'm finding it interesting. I always heard obesity raises your risk of cancer but didnt realize it's considered the second leading cause. Yikes.

Jason Fung has 2 other books that I liked as well; the Diabetic Code and the Complete Guide to Fasting. Even if you aren't diabetic or fasting he does a good job of explaining how different foods affect us.

@TeresaW1020 love the week 5 challenge and thanks for the reminder to finish April strong. That will keep me on track for the rest of the evening since my last weigh in for the month is tomorrow and I want to end with a good deficit for the month.

My "Do This" for the challenge will be getting to bed by 10pm. Everything falls into place if I get a good sleep.

Don't Do: start watching the news at 10 or let my husband beat me to bed. He snores.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Jactop I like this challenge too, which is why I created it. ;) I need all the reminders I can get to finish this week strong and hopefully end the month with a decent loss. You have two good do then and not that for this week! I’m always in bed before 10 pm except for last night when my hubby wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early. Then I partied until 10:45 pm watching YouTube videos. :grin:

@raleighgirl09 Good job on having a successful week! I think that if someone can eat all the things in moderation and it not negatively affect them that is great! I’m currently immersing myself deep into the sugar/food addiction world and many of those people would say there is no such thing as moderation when it’s a real trigger for you. Now about truly tasting your food and learning to savor each bite is such good advice! As a sugar addict, I find there are times when I simply inhale and really never taste the food I’m eating. My addiction takes over completely. It’s one of the things that I’m really trying to work on. :/

@trooworld Glad that you are having such a good weekend and yayy for staying on track! B)

Hi Team! Today was such a beautiful day. Hubby and I finished cleaning the porches and tomorrow we are going to the garden center to buy some pretties for my pots. I had a great day staying on track and I’m actually going to do this week’s F2F challenge and tomorrow, I’m joining a 5-day challenge on Facebook for sugar addiction. I follow a couple of the people running the program on podcasts and FB so I’m excited to see what they can teach me. I figure every useful piece of information that I can add to my weight management toolbox can help me get to maintenance and stay there. I feel right now that my weight loss journey has been a series of steppingstones. First, I found IF, which is great for me. Then I moved to Keto/low carb and that has been a real game changer. Now getting to the core of my addiction and learning that there can be real freedom is what I’m now going focus hard on.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Gwamajtw91
    Friday
    PW 165.3
    CW 165.3
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,712 Member
    Options
    Catching up on about a billion posts...

@raleighgirl09 I think I need to avoid the sodium too...
    Thanks for sharing your epiphany when reading the book. I definitely save the best for last! My theory is if I don't, then I'll probably leave all the vegetables on the plate lol. But maybe there's a middle ground here for me. Maybe I ought to eat the worst thing on the plate, then the best thing, and leave the mediocre stuff and see if I still want to eat it! I can feel an experiment afoot...

@leonadixon Sorry that you're having a tough time. I wonder if you can dip your broccoli in chocolate to make it more appealing...?

@TeresaW1020 Oh wow your countertops are amazing!! I love your whole kitchen actually. Great to see that scale keeps moving down - you're doing great!
    I feel like I need your chaffle recipe! I tried making them once but I really just made a mess.
    I think your actions in getting to the core of your addiction really align with your word for 2021: Transformation. It's transformation of the mind and in the physiological sense. A really wonderful aim!

@davidji82 Congrats on yet another loss - I seriously don't think I know anybody as consistent as you!

@GabiV125 "We only fail if we give up" - I love this!!

@trooworld Yeesh, don't be angry at yourself! That's not the positive mindset you encourage in the rest of us! I am in the same boat with knowing what I need to do but just not doing it. I'm glad that you have a plan for next week to get back on track. We got this!
    Saw your next post, and glad it was just water weight. Just another reason why you should not be angry with yourself!

@mlhopp93 Great loss! I hope you had a wonderful time camping "off grid"!

@kellyisonamission Good loss :smile:

@Jactop I love reading your updates on your 150 workouts in 150 days! Glad you were able to be kind to yourself and rest when needed, then make it back up later. That's a great NSV, if you ask me!

@RYcare @digger61 @19shmoo69 Good losses!

@caitlingfry Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Focus on healing first!

@fierce1alicia Happy birthday for last week! Definitely celebrate the small loss, they all add up in the end.

@Jypsy1 Wow, sorry you've had a really tough time! I get migraines sometimes and they are the absolute worst - how can light & noise cause such pain!? I'm with you on the celebration of a new week.

@apple852hk We are here for you, and we do not think of you as a fraud. We all have bumps in our roads, good weeks and bad, and we're all working on improving ourselves. Sometimes I find that I try to change too much too quickly and that's when I backslide. I go back to basics and have more success. That's where I'm headed this week: Basicton.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi all, I can't believe we are almost at the end of another month. It has gone too quickly! And I have done well on some of my goals, but not so well on others. Almost time for a reassessment of direction again.

I had a good weekend, though exhausting! I had Friday off work, and spent the day at home with my little family. In the afternoon I babysat a friend's kids while she had her eyebrows done - I think it's great that I was able to give her a couple of hours of peaceful self-care!
    On Saturday we went out to my parents' farm to help them with their new house. My brother has moved back home where he will eventually take over the farm, and they've been living in the one house which obviously isn't going to work long-term. So a couple of months ago my parents bought a small transportable house to move into, but it needs some work. It was split in half to transport on trucks, and the ceiling beams on one half had sagged a bit so we helped them to jack that up and secure it together properly, and hubby did a lot of plastering patchwork on superficial cracks in the plasterboard. The carpets in the bedroom got completely coated in fine red dust during transport because where they live is at the end of a 50km dirt road. So we took out our carpet cleaner to give them a good, thorough clean and they came up really nice! I spent about 5-6 hours just cleaning carpets and I can really feel that in my arms now! There is still a lot of work to do before they can move in properly, but this was a big step forward.
    I didn't sleep well that night, partly because their spare bed is so uncomfortable, but also partly because we had the toddler in a portacot in our room and I was really sensitive to every grunt & snore that he made, lol. He did pretty well and only woke up once crying, because he had rolled out from under his blankets and was freezing cold! So I cuddled & calmed him and popped him back in and he was fine until morning. He never wakes up during the night at home so I'd say he was just cold and confused about where he was, bless him!

When we got home on Sunday, we were all so tired that hubby & both had a nap! The toddler had slept in the car all the way back home but he was happy to just have a snack and play with his toys that he missed while we were away so a nap was just what the doctor ordered.

This week will be a little busy at work, but not too much I hope. I slacked off a lot on tracking toward the end of the week so that's my focus this week: tracking and controlling my portions. I think I did ok on calories over the weekend but I really don't have a reference point so it's just by feel. I even forgot my Apple Watch at home so I didn't even have a step count, which is a pity because I'm certain that it would have been high!

I hope you all had a good weekend, filled with love and laughter!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    az4z3hp1yj4u.png
    Goals for April:
    flkex1pglu39.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning Team!! I want you all to really focus on your goals this week. We all know what we need to do to stay the course and finish this month stronger than when we started. Think about why you are on this health journey and determine right now that NO MATTER WHAT this week will be awesome!! B)

19z5vusi3zmj.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Wow, do not save the best for last, that IS a revelation! I usually eat the best part of the meal last. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 I did and yesterday was good, too! :) Yay for you staying on track as well! I can't wait to see what stepping stone you find next. Thanks for the reminder to finish strong.

@TwistedSassette You are right lol! I have a better frame of mind now though. We do have this! I love how you keep track of your monthly goals and really think about them. That's when true progress happens! Poor toddler, rolling out of his blanket, I'd be freezing too! Sounds like you had a productive weekend. I hope your week goes well.

Hi all. Yesterday was a day for relaxing. I put a hair treatment on and read for 3 hours. It was lovely. By the time dinner rolled around, I didn't feel like cooking and was going to just eat yogurt with berries but my husband agreed to tag-team dinner so we made a chef salad. It's not really cooking but still fed us lol.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    You all are so wonderful and supportive! Chocolate broccoli sounds terrible too LOL! I'm just rolling with the aversion for now and doing what I can tolerate. I normally don't care for veggies, but this is an outright aversion lately. Like makes me nauseous to even look at anything or talk about it. I'm sure it will pass. I have not had the crankies so much as terrible night sweats, weight gain, and this breast stuff going on. It will all get better, just nice to be able to vent to you guys. Have a good week all!

ETA: It doesn't seem to matter what the vegetable is or how it is prepared. Usually, salads are the most appealing and palatable as I can add other veggies and do well. I will be trying some smoothies this week to be able to add some that I cannot see once it's blended. I hope I can do that at least!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon I hope things turn around for you soon.

@TwistedSassette chocolate covered broccoli sounds disgusting (but probably isn't lol). At work we put all kinds of things down the line to see how it will taste chocolate covered but we haven't tried veggies yet. That could be a new trend.

@raleighgirl09 I understand the logic behind eating the best part first but I'm not sure I wouldn't still want more of "the best" after I ate the mediocre. I might have to experiment

@trooworld that's awesome that your husband helped with the salad. I remember walking home from work after a particularly busy day. My husband said he brought home a cooked chicken and a nice salad for dinner. That sounded like heaven after being on my feet all day, hungry and too tired to cook. I couldn't wait to dig in. When I walked into the kitchen there as a cooked chicken on the counter beside a bag of whole veggies and 2 heads of lettuce. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life.

@TeresaW1020 keep us posted if you learn any new strategies to deal with your sugar addiction. This is day 68 for me with no sugar and some days are still a struggle.

I had another small loss this week and 5 weeks in the green for this month. I haven't lost for more than 3 consecutive weeks since the challenge started (or probably ever). I've never been able to get more than 2 good weeks out of any diet so fingers crossed IF keeps working for me.

I'm going to try short fasts (no breakfast or lunch) on my workdays this week. I seem to do better around chocolate with just some bone broth than I do when I eat. I haven't figured out why. Maybe my mindset if different when I fast.

• TeresaW1020
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @TwistedSassette Thank you! I’m in love with my kitchen now too. :grin: My basic Chaffle recipe is one egg, ¼ cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese, 2 TBS almond flour, and a little sprinkle of salt. Mix that up all really well and cook until crispy but not burned. It’s trial and error. I’m going to try to batch cook and freeze them. I read that works well and then I can just pop it into the toaster to heat up. Wow, you had a very busy weekend. That much carpet cleaning was a great exercise. And you even lost a little weight this week so wayyy to go!! B)

@trooworld I love a big chef salad! Wow, sitting and reading for 3 hours does sound lovely. :)

@leonadixon You know what if you don’t like veggies right now then just don’t eat them. It’s not a requirement. Take a good multi-vitamin and try to keep the rest of your food choices as healthy as you can. I follow quite a few people on social media that are carnivores, and they are super healthy and feel great. :grin:

@Jactop I am so inspired by how long you have gone without sugar. Today, I heard that it could take a sugar addict up to 7 years to feel like they are truly in recovery, and even then there is going to be the occasional struggle. The thing is that we have to eat and food surrounds us in just about every part of our lives. Do you plan to stay completely sugar-free or will you try introducing it back into your life again? I don’t want to have to go total abstinence, but I really don’t want to continue the battle the rest of my life either. You know? :/

Hi Team! Today has been another gorgeous day and hubby and I went and bought our pretty flowers and got them all planted. It’s so nice to have our screened porch ready to enjoy again. I’m hoping that tomorrow I can have some free time to sit out there and read. :) Today, was the first day of the 5-day challenge to crush cravings for sugar. They mostly talked about the fundamentals of addiction and how sugar is no different than other substances. They showed a picture of three brains. One perfectly normal and functioning as it should. Then one cocaine brain and one sugar brain. These two brains looked identical. They talked about how sugar is the gateway drug for many people. I know this to be true for me and members of my family. Of course, not everyone has a problem with sugar/refined carbs but I personally believe that more people do have a problem than are willing to admit it. I’m excited to see what tomorrow will bring.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
    Watch this video clip from Eric Clapton talking about how sugar was his gateway drug, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVPmfMDFS9A&amp;ab_channel=TomKovats

Then there is this video from Jack LaLane from 50 years ago talking about the danger of sugar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9tUPqYF6LU&amp;ab_channel=eduardodiashealth
This discussion has been closed.