• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,110
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

I am trying to get my butt moving and go for a walk. This is my third night in a row without sleeping properly. I stayed in bed until 9:30 as I was so tired. Sleep and weight loss are so intertwined for me. Not to mention it really affects my mood. I ended up binge eating last night and not being able to sleep contributed to that. I am trying a lot of different ideas to help me sleep and hopefully something will click soon. I appreciate all the tips you guys have given me over the last month.

I have quite a few appointments this week. I changed my diabetic check to a telephone appointment instead of in person. That’s tomorrow. One appointment I am eager for is with my dietitian on Thursday. Hopefully, he can help me come up with a solution for eating when I can’t sleep. As I said last week I have been leaving extra calories for this but I am eating so many calories as snacks now and not for regular meals.

I ordered the atomic habits book, workbook and journal last night. It will be here in a few days.

Have a great Monday!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 9,859

I jinxed myself with my step goal streak! Oh well I was close. All I really did yesterday was grocery shopping and a little shopping for my daughter no workout.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb
    Another great loss! Happy belated birthday!🥳

Thanks Linda and @TheresaM787! I've just seen your post about sleep Linda, have you tried listening to frequency music about half hour before bed? I've started to listen to 432hz frequency music via youtube videos, relaxation music is subjective so may be a case of checking various out, I know I do!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Registration for MAY 2021 is open! Please invite friends or share the link with anyone you think would be a great new member:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831398/registration-for-new-members-may-2021/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    We have a new member joining us ..... Please welcome @my_monkey_my_circus :)
  • my_monkey_my_circus
    my_monkey_my_circus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend and I will add you. Can’t wait to have more amazing friends on here.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Welcome @my_monkey_my_circus! That's a great name you have - glad you are here!
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so very sorry you are not having luck with finding a way to get to sleep. When I was having anxiety and waking up several times at night, I listened to some of the same things that @mszoueb is referring to, in addition to something called Temple Sounds, which is a chakra meditation, and online meditations. There are many for anxiety and not sleeping. I kept my phone close to me and would pull it up when I couldn't sleep. That may be difficult for you to do, I know, with your husband there.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Whoopi, whoopi, whoopii!! I am so glad for you. I'm glad you will get your surgery this week.
    @rlaskey2 You are doing so well with your steps. Today I sat at my desk almost all day and only had 2k and some change. Each day can be so different, for sure.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @AlphaEliJoe Wow, you are so close - get ready to celebrate!!! And....big happy birthday to you!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 4,700 (took one of my kids for a walk and then took the other kid for a walk).

Still no decision on the step tracker. Carried my phone for the two walks. I’m going to try out my husband’s iWatch tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Monday 😀
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    APRIL WEEK 4 TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @888Angie888 - 110,898 steps
    2nd @Rlaskey2- 94,431 steps
    3rd @iradi8- 82,185 steps
    4th @TheresaM787 -74,555 steps
    5th @Piqueaboo - 70,339 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES ....WELL DONE :)

AS A GROUP WE WALKED 952,909
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :smile:

Recognizing everyone who pledged their steps:

@lindamtuck2018 -5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 -0/7 (stupid hernia)
    @AlphaEliJoe -5/7
    @Piqueaboo -4/7
    @888Angie888 -5/7
    @TheresaM787 -7/7
    @iradi8 -7/7
    @azkunk -2/7
    @rlaskey2- 7/7
    @Tazaria87 - 6/7
    @Z1ORtza- 3/7
    @cesse47 -7/7
    @red1185 - 4/7
    @rwood566- 5/7
    @missysave0612 -6/7
    @transparentenigma -0/7
    @Bluetail6 -2/7

GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Welcome @my_monkey_my_circus 😊
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so very sorry you are not having luck with finding a way to get to sleep. When I was having anxiety and waking up several times at night, I listened to some of the same things that @mszoueb is referring to, in addition to something called Temple Sounds, which is a chakra meditation, and online meditations. There are many for anxiety and not sleeping. I kept my phone close to me and would pull it up when I couldn't sleep. That may be difficult for you to do, I know, with your husband there.

Ooo nice suggestions. I reccommend using wireless headphones if possible for a immersive experience and wouldn't need to worry about choking yourself with wires or waking up your hubby @lindamtuck2018 . I kid you not one evening, I fell asleep with my wireless headphones on and then woke up at 2amish with them still on and the frequency music still playing whilst using phone data, whoops hahaha.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Steps 13,482

No workout but did a dog walk and neighborhood walk with friend. My workout got derailed but the kids activities. I am trying to detox myself from the snacks I shouldn’t have been eating so many of. Yesterday was day 1. Starting with a small goal of 4 days to start to reduce the cravings since it was definitely impacting my weight loss. Time to get serious again before it’s time to where less clothes and I don’t want to spend another year feeling uncomfortable. One day down with more water and less junk. I am going to weigh myself daily for this period just to see impact which I typically don’t like to do.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Welcome @my_monkey_my_circus! That's a great name you have - glad you are here!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Whoopi, whoopi, whoopii!! I am so glad for you. I'm glad you will get your surgery this week.
    @rlaskey2 You are doing so well with your steps. Today I sat at my desk almost all day and only had 2k and some change. Each day can be so different, for sure.

Well not currently working helps this problem, lol! Someday I hope to be back at my desk again!

• lindamtuck2018
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @mszoueb
    I just downloaded an app. I am going to try it tonight. Thanks!

@363days
    I wonder if there’s a food service that caters to those trying to lose weight? Sounds like you are trying to adjust it to meet your requirements.

@TheresaM787
    I am eager to hear what you think of the Apple Watch. Which one does he have?

@rlaskey2
    I like having to wear less clothes as an incentive. Are you totally giving up snacking or swapping them out?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,296
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

I downloaded an app to try the 432 Hz music tonight. The sleep or lack of is giving me anxiety which in turn is probably not helping me fall asleep. See what tonight brings. I just finished my diabetic check with my family doctor. My A1C is 6.1 which she is ok with. My cholesterol is high but she is going to wait until next check up before changing that medication. She asked me about my leg pain and I told her I am doing my best to walk whenever I can. She is happy with that. She is hoping the mri will show something that they can do to alleviate the pain.

I am excited for tonight as I am participating in an online quarter auction again. Myself and my friends went to one every month before COVID hit. I am off for my walk after I finish my coffee. I have housework to catch up on as I did very little yesterday.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @my_monkey_my_circus welcome to Downsizers. we have a lot of really supportive people here. hopefully some of us can inspire you if you need it.

@lindamtuck2018 good luck with the music. i hope it works. quarter auctions sound interesting. have fun with the book. i bought one yesterday.

@rlaskey2 congrats on getting back on the step streak. i have been having the same snacking problem here. good luck with your 4 day goal.

check in for 4/26: sorry it's late
    steps - 3948. a lazy day. just went shopping at the book store.

calories - under 1800. i was debating on having dessert last night since i had the room and had an early dinner. i kept putting off the decision to run out the clock on the urge. lol

exercise - just a bit of dumbbell work on my arms. my feet needed the day off. i'll be out for a walk later on. hopefully i'll get rained on.
This discussion has been closed.