Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Options
1414243444547»

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that MFP will clear up the glitches!!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    iwrz7jkylpun.jpg

Thought I would share the uncropped version of the Stellar Jay that came to visit the other day. I took it as he was just about to hop down to the deck from the railing.😊
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Congratulations on your 66+ pounds burned since January 🙌👏🙌👏 Quitting smoking 🎉🎉🎉🎉 and starting to walk more 👏👏👏👏

@lmf1012 & @my_monkey_my_circus
    Welcome 👏👏👏 looking forward to getting to know you.

@Piqueaboo
    Wow you lost over 41 pounds 🎉🎉🎉 doing great over there 🤩

@rwood566
    Smashed the 10,000 mark, under and with a gooey dessert (mmmmm) 🥳👏👏👏 that was so incredibly sweet of you to go on a long walk in honor of Megan 🤗💐

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    I like your observation regarding fat, scientific or not. I agree the trend is the most important. Those weight fluctuations can happen for no rhyme or reason. You have accomplished so much on this journey and is very inspiring. Nice walking!

@rlaskey2
    Pepper steak is one of our favourites. I just pinned the skinny taste recipe to try.

@Tazaria87
    Amazing steps!

@Poobah1972
    Welcome to the team. Congrats on quitting smoking! Your weight loss journey has been amazing so far and I can’t wait to watch you continue it.

@Bluetail6
    Did you change your password? My bank account was hacked a few weeks ago and I am slowly changing all my passwords. I love the picture!

@Beautyofdreams
    I am excited to read your interview so keep us posted. I am so jealous of that homegrown asparagus. It won’t be long before we can get local here.

@TheresaM787
    Great stepping! Did you decide on a fitness watch yet?

@Piqueaboo
    Enjoy your holiday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    ✅Steps 6,359
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Water

This is the fourth day in a row I hit my sleep goal. Now I have to work on not getting up after I go to bed for the night. I am going to play with my medication timings, maybe go for a quick walk before bed and figure out how to get my 432hz music to play all night. I am sure there is a setting on my phone that I need to play with.

Tomorrow is the start of the May challenge. I am trying to think of a new goal I can add. I am going to drop the water goal as it is not an issue. My step goal right now is 5000 and I have been increasing by 500 each month. I am on the fence about doing this so I will mull it over.

Going to go for a walk after my coffee. Not sure what time my hubby is getting off so groceries may be pushed until tomorrow. He worked 15 hours yesterday and we don’t know how long today so he is going to be pretty tired.

Have a great start to the weekend!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Your May Team Chat is open!

Please continue to weigh in for April Week 5 HERE. Go to the new chat thread for introductions and start posting stats there tomorrow! Have a wonderful May :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831812/downsizers-may-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I’ve also recently remembered I set little reward goals for myself about a year ago…that whenever I lose 5lbs, or whatever, I would buy myself a small reward. I love to travel, so my rewards typically revolve around that.

I’m so close to hitting a 20lb LTD, and especially with the world opening back up, I’m using that as motivation to keep the weight loss on track. Nothing big or expensive, but something - I think that’s a good motivator.

I have a renewed sense of excitement now, cuz I know I have something to look forward to!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Check-in for 4/30:
    Steps - 10596 most of that was my walk.
    Calories - about 1630. Very nicely under. Even had a gooey dessert.
    Exercise - walked 4.3 miles in 1:27. My longest true walk since I started. I did it to honor megan since she can't right now.

Awww thank you for honoring me ...Amazing steps @rwood566 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 welcome to the team. It's nice to have another former 500+pounder.

@Tazaria87 super numbers and exercise. Weight breaks are needed and accepted. Great attitude on the break.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the long trip for nothing. Continue to rest and get better.

@Bluetail6 it's been acting weird for me as well. I hope they get it fixed soon.

@rlaskey2 WTG on the breakthrough. Keep it going down. Rest days are good, even if it's because we didn't feel like it. Is the skinny meals a cookbook? I want to check it out.

Thanks @rwood566 ..I go back on Monday at 4pm

Sorry about the MFP problems. I hope you are well and resting. Somewhere, you mentioned pain. I hope it is getting better!!🧡

Thanks Lee .....I am not able to post my food diary no big deal .....Pain is still unbearable but I am doing a lot of resting and pain pills knock me out thank goodness my roommate has been here with me
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 165.0
    CW 165.0

Like I posted yesterday, I knew this was coming. I'm happy about being exactly the same actually, since I thought I was going to show a slight gain for the week. I've learned over the last year that these adjustment periods are pretty common after losing for a few weeks in a row. I'm happy with what I did last week and will do the same this week!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post April 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 108oz
    Steps 9026
    Exercise Jogging in place 20mins

Most of my steps came from grocery shopping. Went to 3 different stores, including costco which is pretty big. Thought about not worrying about my step goal but knew it was just coming from a place of laziness so jogged in place next to the couch last night to get the rest of my steps in.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 17,535

Super busy day cleaning getting ready for my inlaws to visit and had time to squeeze in my shoulder workout before they came up. Last night was cheat night dinner but I did skip ice cream with the rest of the family.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

The May team chat is open! Make sure to start the month with an introduction.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831812/downsizers-may-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972 welcome to the team. It's nice to have another former 500+pounder.

@Tazaria87 super numbers and exercise. Weight breaks are needed and accepted. Great attitude on the break.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the long trip for nothing. Continue to rest and get better.

@Bluetail6 it's been acting weird for me as well. I hope they get it fixed soon.

@rlaskey2 WTG on the breakthrough. Keep it going down. Rest days are good, even if it's because we didn't feel like it. Is the skinny meals a cookbook? I want to check it out.

Yes, it is a website and cookbooks. She posts a weekly meal plan as with which I mostly follow. It is lighter in calorie and far but doesn’t taste as plain as some healthy meals in my opinion.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.