Wed 13,874
    Thurs 11,837
    Fri 12,177
    10 min elliptical
    Sat 17,985
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sad steps for the week. I was feeling so much better yesterday but this thing isn’t letting go just yet. Today I was feeling worse. I’m ready to be over this. Hate being sick.

Thanks for the hugs!

@YinxFed Love your race shirt and the walk photos. So pretty.

3sz0vqkiq80c.jpeg
  • renewal_2021
    renewal_2021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar Sad steps for the week. I was feeling so much better yesterday but this thing isn’t letting go just yet. Today I was feeling worse. I’m ready to be over this. Hate being sick.

Thanks for the hugs!

3sz0vqkiq80c.jpeg

These don't look sad to me at all! I am hoping to even walk this often. Good on you. 👍
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    ob1msu wrote: »
    pw 288.4
    cw 290.2

Not the best week for me in terms of exercising nor eating properly.

You'll pick it back up again - we know you can do it! Hang out here a bit more often and let us give you a hard time, or a hug - whichever you need! We want to see things going in the right direction and a big smile on your face.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday! I hope :smiley:

It got really cold here last night, but not quite a frost - hopefully the tomatoes and basil I had already put out in the garden are recovering now that the sun is shining again. I still have quite a few more to put out, so they'll all be fine for sure. I have not invested in row covers or cloches - I'm kind of a tough love gardener. Or just a cheap one!

@DD265
    You are busy indeed! I agree with you about LastPass - it sure saves on anxiety if things get lost. 😎 But it is a good thing you did lose this week - well done!

@micki48
    Hope you're feeling better soon - all the crazy stress you have been having surely does not help. Take an extra day of lounging about letting other people wait on you if you can. Then do some of the really quiet Pilates routines to get back to your usual smiling self.

Have a good one!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Went for a run this evening and once we got well over 6k, with a bit to go but still feeling comfortable, I started thinking about extending it to 10k. My friend needed to finish so I did the last 2.5km on my own, knocking over 8 minutes off my previous (one and only) 10k time to come in at 1hr19m30s. Dead chuffed with that, as it shows the increase in pace and I felt like this was quite a slow run (my friend was struggling a little today). It completes my May challenge too, so now I don't have to worry if I'm under the weather after my jab, or struggle to squeeze a run into the weekend give our house guests. Interestingly, my average heart rate seems lower than it has been on other runs - it's nice to see the results of consistent training shining through!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

Thanks for the hugs!

3sz0vqkiq80c.jpeg

These don't look sad to me at all! I am hoping to even walk this often. Good on you. 👍

You are right! When I first started out here, I would have loved to have more than 5,000 steps a day. Everyone is certainly in different places. I had a pretty good run of meeting my daily 9,000 steps, but not lately. So it was a bit low for me, but it was also a bad week health wise.

@jugar I managed to do today’s Pilates plus a little more. About 13 minutes. Then went on a walk with my granddaughter even though I am still feeling a bit sick, but it felt good to walk. Glad I did.

I am trying something new, logging my food on Fitbit just to see if the novelty keeps me on task.

I did have a routine dr visit canceled for tomorrow. I told them about my symptoms in a pre-registration and they told me no. Ugh. I waited 3 months for it. Oh well. I’ll be glad when it’s all gone.
  • jugar
    Options
    Another day! I hope everyone's Monday was good - and that those of us with a holiday today had a good time. I got more stuff planted, went and helped out my horse where he is right now (he got in an ugly fight yesterday and is feeling quite exhausted and sore today, even though he "won" - sigh...), made yogurt, and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine without being too hot, watched a gorgeous moonrise, and now I am relaxing. No workouts or other virtuous stuff, but at least I ate lots of lovely veggies.

I'm happy to welcome @bowens1973 aka Brad (I think?) even more now that I know he's @ashleycarole86 's husband! We saw you in the zoom call last week, Brad - and it is great to see you here.

I also just heard from @graceojo999 - after some nasty phone and connectivity issues, she will be back! And @MoStacy who used to be with us will also hopefully be back. So we have a full house!

Tuesday is our no weigh-in day, time for any discussions or questions, rants, happy dances, thoughts about what are your goals for June - anything. Bring it on. Of course, it does not have to be Tuesday for this to happen.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pumped to be back this week and on track. I drifted in and out of keto purposely this week. To carb up. Gained a bit of water weight that is almost gone now.
    PW 95.65kg
    CW 95.65kg

I would focus on getting daily walks. 2l of water and low carb below 30g. Also glad to start daily tracking on MFP. I can’t wait to start swimming again. The only problem is I get so hungry after...I think I’ll start next month.
  • jugar
    Options
    This week I am trying to be mindful that I am transitioning into a new lifestyle. The diet and tracking in MFP has not been good. However, I am trying to keep track with being active. Even if I am not able to do the Pilates or core worl that I should, I am trying to encourage myself by getting 6000 to 9000 steps per day. Yesterday, I had a glorious morning. Walked 6000 steps and did some core work in front of the river. Felt amazing.
    I wanted to ask people's thoughts on Intermittent Fasting. Kindly share experiences/opinions

I was just thinking that there were no answers for you about intermittent fasting. I know there are many people in F2F who use it with great success - not sure if there are any on this team, though. I used a very mild form of it for a while, but found it raised my blood pressure and I did not feel well on it. I am careful not to snack in the evenings, though, so most days I do manage to fast around 12 hours. That is not really much compared to some IF people, though. What little I know indicates that it works best for people who have quite a bit to lose, or who might be fighting metabolic issues like diabetes or pre-diabetes. If no one on our team has info, I'll put you in touch with a couple of the experienced fasters on another team.
  • renewal_2021
    renewal_2021 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    This week I am trying to be mindful that I am transitioning into a new lifestyle. The diet and tracking in MFP has not been good. However, I am trying to keep track with being active. Even if I am not able to do the Pilates or core worl that I should, I am trying to encourage myself by getting 6000 to 9000 steps per day. Yesterday, I had a glorious morning. Walked 6000 steps and did some core work in front of the river. Felt amazing.
    I wanted to ask people's thoughts on Intermittent Fasting. Kindly share experiences/opinions

I was just thinking that there were no answers for you about intermittent fasting. I know there are many people in F2F who use it with great success - not sure if there are any on this team, though. I used a very mild form of it for a while, but found it raised my blood pressure and I did not feel well on it. I am careful not to snack in the evenings, though, so most days I do manage to fast around 12 hours. That is not really much compared to some IF people, though. What little I know indicates that it works best for people who have quite a bit to lose, or who might be fighting metabolic issues like diabetes or pre-diabetes. If no one on our team has info, I'll put you in touch with a couple of the experienced fasters on another team.

@jugar Thank you for the response! I would love to touchbase with the In fact, I have Diabetes. I did try it last year and did have success but it brought about some disordered eating patterns for me. So, I was curious to hear about that from the group. I appreciate you sharing. Maybe I just have to look at maintaining 12 to 18 hours.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    @renewal_2021 Unfortunately on the topic of IF I have nothing to provide in terms of advice as it's nothing I have experience with... sorry :)

@micki48 Bummer your appointment got cancelled... sucks when you've been waiting so long. Hoping you can kick the last of that cold to the curb soon!

@jugar Thanks for the warm welcome to Brad... looking forward to having him here. He was using Noom for the first part of his journey and he was assigned a group there for support so he's been missing that since he switched over to MFP.

Well after my gains on the scale I have dropped a bit of the initial weight retention from switching to the diet break... everything I'm seeing on the scale is what I expected from my readings on the topic before I started. Can't believe it's been almost a week already... I'm finding maintenance calories feel the same even though I am eating more... just from the perspective that I'm still stewarding towards a calorie goal so the focus remains the same. I've used them to have a few treats or slightly bigger meals.. the first couple days I had lots of calories left at the end of the day but I've gotten into a better rhythm these past few days and am spreading them out more evenly throughout the day.

The rain has finally stopped... hooray! I have a busy day at work and a medical appointment later so there will be no exercise until this evening. Enjoy the day all!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've missed you guys so much! I definitely want to stay with Waist Aways. I'm planning to return in June thread that starts this Sunday I believe.

The last 6 months have been absolutely bonkers, but many good things have come out of it. I'll just list them in random order:

-- I had covid in December, and it took me a whole month to recover. I was on covid leave from work the first half of the month and on Christmas break (although still not well) for the second half.
    -- I'm currently writing my second book -- a Christian devotional. (I wrote the first one 18 years ago.) I already have a publisher waiting; I should be ready to submit my manuscript within the next 30 days or less.
    -- After 18 years of carrying a vision of what God wants me to do, I finally acted upon it and started a nonprofit organization, The Simmons Empowerment Foundation Inc. Here's our mission statement: Our organization is committed to empowering the lives of disadvantaged youth in two ways. First, we will provide scholarship opportunities for higher education and private Christian schools. Second, we will provide a home for young people in need while offering a variety of services as needed including pre/post-natal education, employment skills training, and Christian counseling.
    -- My job as an assistant principal has reached dangerously stressful levels. HOWEVER, God blessed me to get a new job -- my dream job -- working from home for k12 as one of their National Direct Instruction Supervisors! I start 6/14/21. I'm already planning my daily schedule so that I can now workout the way my body craves! I am SO ready for this change!
    -- Jeff (my exhusband) and I look forward to being remarried before the year is out.

This has been my life, but things have definitely taken a turn for the better -- the MUCH better. I look forward to "seeing" everyone on the next thread. I hope all is well with everyone. :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    I've missed you guys so much! I definitely want to stay with Waist Aways. I'm planning to return in June thread that starts this Sunday I believe.

The last 6 months have been absolutely bonkers, but many good things have come out of it. I'll just list them in random order:

-- I had covid in December, and it took me a whole month to recover. I was on covid leave from work the first half of the month and on Christmas break (although still not well) for the second half.
    -- I'm currently writing my second book -- a Christian devotional. (I wrote the first one 18 years ago.) I already have a publisher waiting; I should be ready to submit my manuscript within the next 30 days or less.
    -- After 18 years of carrying a vision of what God wants me to do, I finally acted upon it and started a nonprofit organization, The Simmons Empowerment Foundation Inc. Here's our mission statement: Our organization is committed to empowering the lives of disadvantaged youth in two ways. First, we will provide scholarship opportunities for higher education and private Christian schools. Second, we will provide a home for young people in need while offering a variety of services as needed including pre/post-natal education, employment skills training, and Christian counseling.
    -- My job as an assistant principal has reached dangerously stressful levels. HOWEVER, God blessed me to get a new job -- my dream job -- working from home for k12 as one of their National Direct Instruction Supervisors! I start 6/14/21. I'm already planning my daily schedule so that I can now workout the way my body craves! I am SO ready for this change!
    -- Jeff (my exhusband) and I look forward to being remarried before the year is out.

This has been my life, but things have definitely taken a turn for the better -- the MUCH better. I look forward to "seeing" everyone on the next thread. I hope all is well with everyone. :smiley:

I have missed YOU so much! I am thrilled you'll be back for June. Of course, the last few days of May too! You have had quite the time since we last heard from you. I have to say I am relieved that your stressful assistant principal job will be ending very soon. You put everything into that, and it sounds like it was more than one person could manage in the best of times, let alone during a pandemic and your own illness, etc. etc. I could put about 100 more etc.s and I doubt it would be enough!

You and Jeff getting back together is extra good news on top. You start moving well and enjoying your work, and we'll have the amazing Rhonda back 100%. Hugs!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I got vaccinated today!!

My arm hurts a little now, but the needle itself was so tiny I didn't feel anything. Overall I'm about as sore as I'd be after lifting some heavy weights, so not really that bad at all.

I've been advised to abstain from pregnancy for 4 weeks. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.