Shrinking Assets - May 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Gosh, I go on vacation and so much happens!!!!!

Welcome all new members! June is going to be an awesome month!

I just returned from my vacay and I am BACK ON TRACK!!!! I did well on my vacay - Hubby and I split all but 2 entrees while we were gone. This is great for portion control AND calorie control. I was up 4 lbs at return and still up 2, but feel like that will be gone soon. I guess going from sea level to 12000 feet might have a little to do with this. I have been swelling like CRAZY. Back to sea level now. Also, boy did I miss humidity.

I have been chugging -- in a little chug contest with @Be_theBest_Me. I still have 30 oz to go for the day. I will still be in the 180s to finish out this month, but I will be back in the 170s soon -- just watch me!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!!
  • Beka3695
    junedave3 wrote: »
    Hi as the new month starts soon would you have any room for a new motivator in the group .

Hi June,

I sent you a private message on this.

THanks,
    Beka
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    I hit my chug goal for today!!!!
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi. Thank you for including me in the group.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome to the team @PatriceFitnessPal !
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:156.4
    CW:155.8

• Beka3695
    I hit my chug goal for today!!!!

I hit mine at 11 pm!!!! Yes, I was up peeing all night :D

Let's do the chug challenge again today!!! Its ON!!!
  • Beka3695
    I logged every freaking bite yesterday... All of them! First time in probably 3 months -- this is why I have gained.

It is really simple... Figure out how many calories your body needs to exist at its current weight then eat less than that number. So simple BUT SOOOOOO VERY HARD!

I seem to quickly lose sight of low calorie options for high calorie foods. Once again, lets retrain the brain!!

When I got back from vacay, I was 188.8... Yep! I am 186.0 today. The vacay weight is coming off. Tomorrow is my weigh day and I hope to be down another half or so.
  • Beka3695
    j1ckkat8ucac.jpg

In my post above I mention that I have lost sight of low calorie options for high cal foods.

What are some of the swaps you make to keep hour caloric intake lower?
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Today's weigh in:. 267.8
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @Beka3695 - I try to replace high-calorie processed sweets with natural sugars, like fruit. To make it feel a bit more special, I’ll sometimes layer a small amount of Greek yogurt between the fruit and add a few chopped nuts for extra protein.

We also use meatless/ plant-based crumbles a lot for pasta sauce and Mexican-inspired dishes like burritos that we can fill with vegetables. My sons also love hummus and tomatoes on their bagels as a lower fat option to cream cheese (I think 🤔).

Lately, I’ve been using 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee and I’ve been meaning to get back to using oat milk - or eliminating coffee entirely - so I appreciate your timely reminder as I join the team in June and get more deliberate about making these small substitutions that make a big difference over time.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    Hi. Today's weigh in:

Past Weight:171
    Current weight: 169.2

Yay for the new decade!
    Annie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,025 Member
    The biggest thing that helps me is to keep my fiber intake high. I make a special kind of hot chocolate (140 calories) with a scoop of acacia fiber because the psyllium fiber didn't work for my belly. And I eat overnight oats (333 calories with blueberries) for lunch because it is truly filling. I add a scoop of protein shake mix to that, but it is more filling and less messy than a shake. I spent a lot of time designing a high fiber medium protein diet that is convenient and tasty, but it's worth it.
    Annie
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    You have 2 new members heading your way ... Please welcome @sanadiet and @RisingAboveIt :)
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    j1ckkat8ucac.jpg

In my post above I mention that I have lost sight of low calorie options for high cal foods.

What are some of the swaps you make to keep hour caloric intake lower?

I have lots of swaps!

-Protein shakes in my coffee to replace cream/sugar. My favorite is any of the Quest shakes but muscle milk is good as well. 25-30 grams of protein to start my day! Boom!
    -I add riced cauliflower to taco meat, spaghetti meat, any dish I'm cooking with ground beef/ground turkey/ground chicken. Bulks it up, veggies it up and you can't taste it :)
    -647 bread and buns. Lots of fiber, lower carbs and only 80 calories for a bun or two pieces of bread.
    -Fiber Gourmet pasta. Game changer! Hi fiber, 100 calories for 1 cup, lower carbs. I make pasta salad, mac and cheese, fettucine, Beef-a-roni. I buy them online in 6 packs.
    -Extreme wellness fiber wraps. 50 calories, high fiber, lower carbs.

I have so many more but these are my go-to swaps that keep me on track :)
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    BigBlues11
    Friday
    PW 153
    CW 153 (0 pnds)
    TLD -71.0 pnds

Have a great weekend!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    You have 2 new members heading your way ... Please welcome @sanadiet and @RisingAboveIt :)

Hi! *waving* I am brand new to the group. I lost over 50 pounds last year and have gained all of it back. I decided that instead of feeling sorry for myself and making it even worse, I needed to find some accountability and support ASAP. Here I am! I will poke around and start getting to know all of you :)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Hey Team Shrinking Assets! As we are about to enter the 6th month of 2021 it’s time to stop and review how we are doing with our weight loss goals. Look over the June Reset graphic below and spend time evaluating what’s working and what needs improving.

We also have the JUNE HABIT TRACKER up and ready for you. So, choose the habits that you want to track, and let’s make June our best month of 2021!! B)

dn2j1b6cma9f.png

I'm trying to get into the June tracker to enter my items, it won't let me edit or type anything?
This discussion has been closed.