Members Please Introduce Yourself here:

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ken. I'm currently going through the pre-surgery process (having the sleeve done). My initial visit weigh in was 389. I was given a pre-surgery weight loss goal of 350. I'm currently down to 361 with 5 weeks remaining on my goal deadline.

I'm excited and also a bit scared as I have seen the downsides of the surgery with my ex-wife that had the RNY. Never having surgery (other than tonsillectomy as a young child) before doesn't help the fear part. Though I have some fear I soldier on to make it to my pre-surgery goal. Im doing this to become healthier and live a more enjoyable life without the physical pain that comes with being morbidly obese.
  • better_life_ahead
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had sleeve done in Feb 2012. Started at 333 lbs. Was comfortable around 165 lbs, however Feb 2014 was pregnant and gained back 70 lbs! :( However, almost 2 years later, still depressed about the weight gain. Finally something clicked and I just recently got back ok track this past May. I found support/accountability groups within facebook and we share recipes, struggles, successes and much more. It's like a 24/7 support group. We workout within our own homes and keep each other accountable each day. Please send me message if you need help getting back on track. Look for me on fb to add me as a friend or come follow me on my page.

Jo-Ann Leger - busy mom on a mission
  • klyn2006
    klyn2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Karrie. I had the sleeve gastrectomy Nov 15, 2016. My highest weight was 268.8, and I am 5 foot tall. I lost weight with MFP in the year I had to wait for insurance to clear me for surgery. Day of surgery I was 255.5. I am close to 5 months out and I am 189.5 today. The snowbirds returning to church after being gone since my surgery have been amazed by the difference. I still can't see it when I look in the mirror and I wonder if I am crazy. I was a size 24 day of and bought a 14 misses dress for Easter. I can see when my clothes are getting baggy, but when I look at my body I do not see the transformation. I am sure some day it will hit me. My goal weight range is 130-140 even though I would still be considered overweight on the bmi scale. I aim to get 30 minutes of exercise a day, a lot of walking or doing wii fit. I get minimum 60 gms protein and that typically puts me around 1000 calories.
  • VsgKetoValerie
    VsgKetoValerie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had vsg on 5/7/2018 hw 287lbs current 247lbs goal 140lbs.
  • bethstika
    bethstika Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 326 (highest recorded), BMI 56

Goal weight: 145-155 (I don't know what will look healthy on me - always been heavy)

Height: Shrunk from 5'5" to current at 5'4" (spine degeneration)

Surgery date: October 22, 2018

Surgery type: Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy

Clothing sizes: Tops, 3X-5X (depending where I buy from); Pants 26W-30W/4X-5X (also depends where I buy from); Shoes 8.5W-9.5W women's US

Medical issues: sleep apnea, hypothyroid, pre-diabetic, chronic migraines, chronic back and knee pain, THREE knee surgeries, degenerative joint and disc disease, fibromyalgia, gout, arthritis, reflux, recurring insomnia, major depressive disorder (mild), anxiety

I just joined MFP yesterday and am prepping for VSG on October 22nd!! I got my new Garmin tracker yesterday at my pre-op education classes, so I'm off and "running" so to speak. ;) (Except that I had knee surgery a few months ago and am just trying to get back into walking without pain)
    Hoping to find like-minded people getting ready to go through this process, as well as people who have already taken the plunge! Can use all the support I can get :)
    Currently living in the Midwest (SW Chicagoland area), so if you are near me...give a shout out!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My highest weight was 256 and now weigh in at 174. I had a Sleeve October 2018 weighing in at 219 after a 6 month preparation. I am currently wearing a large shirt and a size 14 pants/jeans. I started in a 18/20 jeans and a 1x shirt. I have been on and off MFP since 2011. I currently have endometriosis, PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome, and bad knee osteoarthritis in both joints requiring replacement at age 39. The excess weight has helped my knee joints and such. I am very active in the gym 5 days a week. I am currently 5'2 in height. I would love some more friends for guidance and success.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I can see the group is not that active so I hope someone sees this! I'm having surgery on the 13th August and I'm completely starting to freak out! Anyone else in the same boat?
  • soaringphoenix1980
    Options
    Hello my name is Jennifer my highest weight currently is 459 lbs. I was denied the surgery once because the psych eval didn't go through. I am again going through the process since my life and health are both on the line. I am a Compulsive Overeater who is currently doing the 12 steps with a sponsor weekly and goes to meetings weekly. I am doing this for me as well as my mom. My mom lost my dad back in 2006 to a heart attack I don't want to be next.
  • KristiMillner08
    KristiMillner08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kristi. I am having gastric bypass on Aug 17th 2020. I started this journey at 403. At my last weigh in I was 396. I go for my next weekly weigh in tomorrow. I am an emotion eater, but through intensive and specific type of therapy I am feeling like I am in control of my eating more than ever before. I just lost my stepdad a week ago and through all that stress I didn't go overboard a single time. I use a support system of people to help me through the tough times when I want to eat. My doctors goal for me is 150. I am shooting for 175 to 185. Would love to talk with someone who is around 5'5 and started their journey around 400lbs. Have a blessed day!
  • Annie_R
    Annie_R Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hoping this group is still active as it looks like @KristiMillner08 , you were the last one who posted and it was last year. Hope all is still well with you Kristi.
    I had a RNY Bypass on 1 April, 2mths down now and have just hit a 20kg loss. I'm enjoying my journey and am very happy, a lot healthier and a lot fitter than I was 2mths ago!
    I look forward to hearing from others :-)
  • Nmartin16ak
    Nmartin16ak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Nicolette and after nearly a year of appointments and preparations, I have my first appointment with a bariatric surgeon on 12-8-22. My friend said her surgery was scheduled within about 2 weeks. I'm very excited and nervous. Heart disease runs in my family, so I'm ready to get on my final journey to health.
  • anubile1967
    anubile1967 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all: I had the sleeve done 10/26/15 and due to extreme acid reflux, I had a revision to RNY on 11/5/22. I enter my food diary daily and check in my weight & exercise - if anyone wants to help stay on track, please friend me.