Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    We had an easy dinner but really good!....I had one package of shredded pork left in the freezer from a huge butt I had baked a couple of months ago....I mixed some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce in it and had it on hamburger buns.....also had cut green beans boiled with tiny new red potatoes.....plus our usual huge tossed salad that I passed on tonight.....but husband cleaned it up!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member
    edited June 2021
    Janatki wrote: »
    Have you been watching too much of the Crown?! 🤣🤣🤣

That's a negative!

I haven't watched ANY TV in years because MFP takes up the time slot! Though I guess I DO "watch" whatever drones on when I'm at dad's!!! :anguished:

Nah.... mom was a major fan of women-car-mechanics!

Not that she wasn't already 90% there after spending the early 60's in London and Bristol, but then there was that oath she took to become a Canadian citizen: "that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance To Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second Queen of Canada Her Heirs and Successors"

Well that's as far as she got before the meltdown!!! :lol:
    (some barely relevant add ons for the rest of us would be "that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfil my duties as a Canadian citizen")
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    Strip loin 203g, boiled and then pan fried baby potatoes 288g, broccolini 400g, 40g garlic (boiled w/the potatoes so devenomed😹), 5g lemon pepper and lemon herb spices, 55g keens hot mustard, 7g avocado oil (too liberal but necessary to prevent sticking)

That was a lot!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    going to try that boiling garlic with the ??? trick. Sounds exciting! Do you really get some garlic flavour?
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Last night I made some cannelini beans in tomato sauce with basil and dill to have with my pork tenderloin.

Today was an eggless breakfast :bawling: but it was still good. Yogurt PB2 dip and an apple, and leftover beans. Lunch will probably be some sesame ginger tofu I have in the fridge, and we've decided that dinner will be tuna steaks on top of a salad. I should have some calories left for something, but I'm not sure what yet.
  • conniewilkins56
    Always a change of plans here!...decided to eat lunch out tomorrow and then shop!...staying in to night and cleaning out the refrigerator....leftover salad, cottage cheese, green beans, potatoes and an ear of corn....not sure what else is in there!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Cod, spuds, carrots & peas with homemade Tartar sauce!
    Salad for lunch ... so what? ..I hear you say! Well, nearly all home produce - except for tomatoes - got blight again this year 😕
  • conniewilkins56
    Sounds delicious!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I forgot we were going to see my cousins tonight. We were going to do dinner at home, but neither of us were hungry. (I a ton of fruit today, and beans at bith breakfast and lunch. So filling!). We didn't get to cousin's early enough for dinner anyway. Instead I skipped dinner and opted for ice cream and wine. Hit my calories and feeling great.
  • PAV8888
    going to try that boiling garlic with the ??? trick. Sounds exciting! Do you really get some garlic flavour?

Nah, it didn't give any real flavour to the potatoes, though the garlic was obviously way milder and could be eaten by itself (similar to oven roaster garlic). Was just trying to use up some. I have/had an open jar of pre-pealed garlic that has been a little bit too long in the fridge and is starting to go.... so looking for things that can make use of it!

Now look up skordalia (reduce the oil or you're sunk in terms of calories!) :chortle chortle:
  • PAV8888
    eeek ... not actually over maintenance calories as of yet... but the food quality :disappointed:

I think I've maybe got a single bunny in there!

coffee, pitted prunes (the lone real bunny!), a couple of cliff bars, 4 cans of coke zero and a vanilla cone took me to 6pm.

Large Tim's Chili with everything bagel and two butters for dinner... AND then I was handed a Little Ceasar's peperoni pizza!

Half the pizza was 310g when I got home an hour ago... so I've eaten a total of 410g/950 Cal out of the original ~620g/1435 Cal.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,380 Member
    Tonight was b/s chicken thighs with a homemade greek spice blend, grilled, and butter and shallot sauteed hreen beans.

Tomorrow, steak and a big side salad... Iceburg lettuce and baby spring mix, english cucumber, roma tomato (end of the week veg) and greek yogurt ranch or light balsamic, not sure yet.
  • lauriekallis
    @PAV8888 disappointed that boiling garlic cloves with the potatoes didn't add much flavour - so simply and low calorie! But wow - skordalia looks pretty wonderful. Going to try that soon. Some days my fat is low (not mine personally :) ) so I can make a good excuse for some moderate skordalia! (like how I excused the pizza yesterday and the chocolate cream pie lined up for this afternoon). Sunday will be a bit leaner of a day. Promise. That was quite the "feast" you had yesterday!
  • Kevvboy
    Kevvboy Posts: 81 Member
    Laurie, if you chop that garlic and brown it in 1 tsp of oil, you'll only add 45 calories to your potatoes but they will be delicious and garlicky.

Tonight Martha Stewart came to the rescue again. I had the Marley Spoon steak au poivre with caramelized carrots and spinach salad, very tasty, 660 kcal. Martha and MFP are a guy's best friends.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    Tonight will be spaghetti with a roasted red pepper sauce, chicken italian sausage, and roasted asparagus. I will have that for a couple days. May need to have broccoli instead of asparagus tomorrow night because I got a small bundle from the Farmer's Market.
  • lauriekallis
    Kevvboy wrote: »
    Laurie, if you chop that garlic and brown it in 1 tsp of oil, you'll only add 45 calories to your potatoes but they will be delicious and garlicky.

Thank you - that sounds just perfect! And it can be part of my leaner Sunday!

• PAV8888
    edited June 2021
    oh, on the above, you can do that and save some chump change by using non stick and spray. I've switched to avocado spray instead of olive oil due to the higher burn temperature. For me the benefit of the spray is that it spreads and coats more evenly.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited June 2021
    Chicken Katsu Curry - none of it homemade! Too hot to bother with that today!
    Had busy evenings making cakes for others!