Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your green beans and tomatoes!....not me lol....I like them both but not together.....just NO!....lol....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,602 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    That's the second hug you're getting from me today Connie! And they're both sympathy hugs!!!😹
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    That's the second hug you're getting from me today Connie! And they're both sympathy hugs!!!😹
    Thanks for the hugs!...definitely needed!....for dinner we are having baked lean ground beef patties, petite green peas, and Simply mashed potatoes...( none of it mixed or touching ).... dessert is a Fiber One cookie and coffee and a snack later will be popcorn or veggie chips....there is a hockey game on so everything is ready to stick in the oven during the game at 3.... kids do major cooking on Sundays so I an staying out of the way because the kitchen will be a battle zone!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken & all the trimmings here this evening ....🍗🥔🥕🥦🧄....
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Tenderloin pork chop with Penzey's Krackow Nights seasoning on it (highly recommend), wild rice pilaf, and I found that I could have a half cup of unsweetened applesauce for 50 calories, so I'm having that too, along with a pill to let me digest the fruit sugar. I adore applesauce with pork.

I've learned to abide my food touching sometimes, but I think that's what little dishes were made for. I have the cutest little glass prep bowls and they work fine for a little bit of veggie or the applesauce I just had.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,602 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    It was Greek lamb day today (Easter Sunday).... there was (excessive) lamb consumption! There was lack of any counting :blush: (sorry)

y5a9e0b5pnq6.jpg

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Last night I made chicken fajitas and corn on the cob. I load up the fajitas with peppers and onions in order to have more food for less calories. Topped them with a little cheese and sour cream. I would have had avocado but I seem to not have bought any. Or I bought some and left them at the store or something.
    Options
    Today lunch is chicken, jalapeno, and cheese quesadillas. That's our usual Monday lunch, which works out to 416 calories. I like my meals to be between 400=500 calories.
    Options
    sy4jajhy2xgt.jpg

Chicken quesadilla (no jalapenos on mine, way too hot for me.)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    We had grilled Italian sausage with spicy mustard, air fryer fries and a huge salad with feta cheese!....was delicious!....some days eating less is so much easier than others!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Cottage, with veg, pie tonight
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Roast beef, noodles and peas
    Options
    Orange pork. They had theirs with broccoli and I had mine with rice. I wish I could eat vegetables.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Orange pork. They had theirs with broccoli and I had mine with rice. I wish I could eat vegetables.
    Can you tolerate any kinds of vegetables?......you still cook amazing food!
    Options
    Can you tolerate any kinds of vegetables?......you still cook amazing food!

I can eat the alliums: Onions, garlic, green onions, leeks, etc. I can eat garden peas and snow peas, but they aren't something I would eat a huge amount of at a time. Carrots are okay but I am not fond of them either raw or cooked; like peas, I tend to be good with them in a stew or soup, but not steamed as a side dish. I can eat the nightshades: potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant.... but if I eat them on a very regular basis my arthritis pain flares up, so I tend to space them out and avoid potatoes as a side dish most of the time, with tomatoes and peppers more frequent but not every day. (This is partly why I meal plan.) The cruciferous vegetables are largely right out; I can have about a tablespoon of cooked spinach, and about a half a cup of iceberg lettuce, or a leaf of leaf lettuce on a sandwich. I know from painful experience that a few broccoli bits, a few shreds of raw or cooked cabbage in salad or soup, or more than that tablespoon of baby spinach will cause me a great deal of trouble. As it is, if I have a salad with that half cup of lettuce as the base two days running, I'll have issues. Every single cooked bean I have tried gives me grief, as do lentils.

I cook vegetables for my partners, who like them. I'm good at cooking them. I just wish I could eat them because it would be better for me and there are good dishes that have my forbidden foods in them that I can't eat.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    What about squash, Zuchinni, or pumpkin?....can you eat fruits or do they cause problems, too?...does it matter if the vegetables are fresh or canned?....can you put vegetables in baked goods like muffins or breads?....I find all of this very interesting!...my husband suffers from severe RA and I have been trying to convince him a special diet might help with the pain....thanks for all of your great information!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    Options
    interesting how different foods create an inflammatory response in our joints! The nightshade foods don't bother me at all - but gluten - especially wheat - leaves me moaning and groaning getting out of bed the morning after, and knees that feel like they are on fire. I'm not sure about oatmeal because that just puts me to sleep so I avoid it unless I'm needing a nap (and an oatmeal cookie) :)
    Options
    I can eat squashes, but I don't much like their texture.

Fruit is a problem because I'm fructose intolerant. Now, I recently learned that they make a pill that I can take with it, like Lactaid, but I still have the problem that I'm seriously out of the habit of eating fruit (It started giving me a headache and nausea at 13) and often that it's calories that aren't satisfying, especially when I'm trying to eat at 1240 and am having to be careful and get the most of the calories.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Dinner tonight was Lean Cusine French Bread Pizza....I am whipped!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Salmon and leftover grains/greens salad for us!