Replies

• naomi9271
    naomi9271 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sunday, June 6
    ● Tracked: Yes.
    ● Calories: Under.
    ● Exercise: Just under Half hour bike ride

My gears stopped shifting during my ride, so I couldn’t do either faster or longer. Rode up and down some neighborhood hilly roads to at least get in “harder” since I couldn’t shift, LOL. Took it to the mechanic today and will hopefully get it back this week.

I had to break out my other bike for today. But I’ll tell you about that tomorrow.

I did my exercise calorie calculation manually based on some research papers I found on-line, because so many trackers are sooooo far off. Even so, I think I figured out what to blame (other than peanut butter and other such calorie ignorance) for my weight gain. I used to ride a lot, and haven’t for a couple of years.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Krysless, that would be an awesome offer I’d take you up on in a second if I had a Fitbit. I should look into getting one.
  • NRTyreman
    NRTyreman Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    Anyone want a Fitbit buddy?

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered, I have the app though, but you'll have to remind me how to find my username :lol:
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Anyone want a Fitbit buddy?

I'll be your buddy!
    I have the Blaze.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    @alpdexplorer @NRTyreman I finally figured out how to send a friend request, Yay! I just need your usernames😃
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    @alpdexplorer @NRTyreman I finally figured out how to send a friend request, Yay! I just need your usernames😃

@alpdexplorer hey guys I have zero idea on username but I sent you both a private message! hopefully that'll work!
  • naomi9271
    Options
    NRTyreman, The boardwalk on Venice beach was really nice! So, I have been to the UK and the roads are like when I used to ride in the countryside. Windy, hilly and narrow and no shoulder. That means the cars need to see you. Helmet blinking light on the back of the helmet, day-glo shirt or road works vest and I wore one of those reflective bands on my ankle. The eye picks up movement more quickly and your leg will be moving. That’s all I’ve got. Except that I also noticed UK drivers are way better than us :)
  • NRTyreman
    Options
    naomi9271 wrote: »
    NRTyreman, The boardwalk on Venice beach was really nice! So, I have been to the UK and the roads are like when I used to ride in the countryside. Windy, hilly and narrow and no shoulder. That means the cars need to see you. Helmet blinking light on the back of the helmet, day-glo shirt or road works vest and I wore one of those reflective bands on my ankle. The eye picks up movement more quickly and your leg will be moving. That’s all I’ve got. Except that I also noticed UK drivers are way better than us :)

good shout about the reflective bands! I am a UK bred, not born but I can assure you we have terrible drivers too, me being one of them. Just ever ridden on a bike on the roads here hopefully it won't be as scary as it looks.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2
    Monday 8th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes. Saved some of my exercise calories for a planned outing on Thursday, where I might go over daily goal.
    Exercise - 1.5 hour bike ride

I had to break out my fancy road bike for yesterday. Which meant I also had to wear my “I am a serious biker” outfit. LOL, I felt like such a fraud in my red-faced and sweaty and out of shape self. Which is silly. I rode extra to make up for riding my faster bike, which was also silly because I forgot all about something I was reminded of this morning, and which I will tell you about tomorrow.
  • alpdexplorer
    Options
    I FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET A USERNAME!

In the app:
    Click on your picture.
    Click on your name.
    Click on Personal.
    Click Display name.
    And underneath your name you can set a username!

My FITBIT username is: missxxchaotic

<3
  • NRTyreman
    Options

In the app:
    Click on your picture.
    Click on your name.
    Click on Personal.
    Click Display name.

<3

thank you :heart: would never have gotten there on my own, even with googles help!

I've added you, if anyone else wants to add me mines Nicolert
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    NRTyreman wrote: »

In the app:
    Click on your picture.
    Click on your name.
    Click on Personal.
    Click Display name.

<3

thank you :heart: would never have gotten there on my own, even with googles help!

Hi! I friended you both in Fitbit 🙂

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    NRTyreman wrote: »

In the app:
    Click on your picture.
    Click on your name.
    Click on Personal.
    Click Display name.

<3

My user name for Fitbit is the same as here - Waifer003 - at least I think it is lol. Or else it’s Tammy H.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Fitbits not very user-friendly when it comes to adding friends!! That’s an oxymoron, isn’t it? Anyway, My username is the same there as it is here... so y’all know 😊 And also just a heads up I don’t think you can send MFP messages unless you’re MFP friends 🤦🏻‍♀️ It still feels like a Monday Over here in Florida!!
  • alpdexplorer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    DAILY POST [W2-D3]
    Tuesday, June 8th.

● Tracked: Yes.
    ● Calories: Over 18 calories.
    ● Exercise: None.
    ● Steps: 3148 / 6000

This will have to be my one freebie pass day; over calories and no exercise. I ended up watching a movie with my grandparents after my after work nap.
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Username Naomi9271
    June week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW.. 145.6
    CW.. 144.6

Last week median weight 146.4, this week median weight 145.8
  • naomi9271
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3
    Tuesday 9th June

Tracked - Yes
    Under cals - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

One hour bike ride. Well, looks like I will need to grow some new butt calluses for bike #2, LOL. This bike used to feel like an extension of my body, but now it felt like sitting on Mt Vesuvius :smile: I know it’ll go away, but ouch!

Yes, NRTyreman, I have a weakness for all high fat dairy items you can think of. I have had a very hard time upping my protein and decreasing my fat macros to something approaching a human diet…still working on that. Sushi is delicious!
This discussion has been closed.