Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Oh hell... It's Wedneday. πŸ˜†

Elliptical day 3... Got my chest strap on and, it's crap. I get a reading most of the time, but it about 20-40 beats under the actual. Seems the hotter and more sweat drenched I got the more accurate it become... Reading up to a max of 140. But clearly shy of the 160 I'm sure I touched for more than a few minutes. πŸ˜—

On a bright note, wearing my Fitbit normally seems to be best for the elliptical. Although it started off kind of wacky, it quickly seemed pretty accurate for most of the workout. Registering an average heart rate of 137, and getting in the 160 territories often enough. But it did drop of the face of the earth a number of times bringing my average down. *Sticks his tongue out​*

Either way I scored 600 calories burned which is fine with me.... πŸ˜„

This time I had my tablet ready... Youtube needed to be installed and I haven't used it in 6 years and don't know my play store sign in πŸ˜₯ . Okay tried playing a movie on my NAS (Network attached Storage)... Great movie played, but no audio. At least I could watch right? Any who, before I start next time, I'll find a show with an acceptable audio codex for this ancient Tablet... And Maybe I'll put a new tablet on my shopping list in the future.

I set the time for 30 minutes this time... It's just such an ordeal. I painfully watched as the timer slowly crept down. Once it hit 5 minutes left, I could only go on another minute at best. My legs felt like rubber. And I threw in the towel, and slowly stepped off on to the little stool I put beside the Elliptical (cause it's a rather large step on and step off, that could end in disaster if I don't make it. lol).

Once more I was drenched in sweat, took a seat... Guzzled some water... Got my breath, went upstairs then stopped the timer. lol When it's all said and done and after my cool down and shower, my watch is showing 70 Zone minutes this morning. So that's pretty much right where I would of been if I went outside. Give or take a minute or 2. πŸ‘

Mission Accomplished. 😎

Tonight, is chest and Triceps and Shoulders. I've got a little more calories slotted for today in an effort to sustain energy going into my work out. I also doubled up on the Virgin Coconut Oil in my coffee this morning.

I also took 2 Melatonin, 1 Aleve Extra strength, and a shot of NyQuil last night.... Oh man, that's a guaranteed ticket to Sleepsvillle. I registered a sleep score of 87 and 7 hours and 49 minutes of sleep. I get up at 4:30 so you do the math. I WAS IN BED EARLY, and slept like a baby. Probably not healthy to do that on a regular basis, but again, I just want to make sure I'm adequately rested and fed for tonight's workout. πŸ˜‹πŸ™ƒ?

And that's that... I wonder if MFP is even working today?

Peace everyone!!! πŸ’–

6ycq0gbg0c97.png
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    18,716 steps yesterday June 15th.
    Most of my friends list appears private to me and I'm not able to see their posts or comment. I'm still here and working on it. I'm apparently not the only one who had their profile crash. I'm hoping to fix it. Some people re added my request and I can see their feed but I can't see everyone yet. I am massively troubleshooting this issue in an attempt to fix it but as of yet it is not resolved.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Hand in there Bebe.

@Linda and @Megan I didn't walk either. I'm Mr. Elliptical for the time being. :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/15: 18,487
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    steps 15/6

I was going to try and do more walking yesterday, but dancing 2 days in a row messed up my shoulder and I was feeling a bit weak/sickly in the evening (just overtired I think).

Today I'm working for 5 hours so hope to get some steps in there at least. Tomorrow I'll do some walking/dancing to try and get my average up!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: Β»
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/15 steps 11,826

Got my walk in this morning but was not as far as yesterday and it was still a struggle the last half mile or so. I can’t imagine getting the step counts that some of y’all get!

That’s incredibleπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I know what you mean πŸ˜† same here. I’m huffing it along and I keep reminding myself just a bit further each week. We will get there. Everyone at their own pace 🀩
    6/15
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 12895
    Exercise Mowing and lake walk

It's been so hot outside, I don't feel safe walking to a playground with the kids. If they get overheated I'm afraid they won't make it home. We stayed at home and played in the back yard. Got the water table and small pool cleaned up and then filled. They put on swim suits and had a blast. I mowed the lawn during some of their play. Then my mom picked up my son for a sleep over so my husband and I went for a walk with our daughter after dinner. She fell asleep in the stroller just like the last time we walked that late. It was a nice walk.

Fantastic day with all of those daily goals hitπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ It sounds like the kids enjoyed the change - from playground to playing with the water- also 🀩 that was a terrific way to end the evening!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,900 Member
    Options
    More meal prep (done) and I have to clean the house so swimming will have to be another time ....too much to do and not enough time to do it all ....I hate being a purrr-fectionist at times ....I am hoping the a/c guy comes early tomorrow so that we are able to swim .....okay I am off to clean
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Evening Friends!

You know when I started here... I thought, sure... Sure, you guys are my friends, like in a not really in a sarcastic sort of way.

But sure enough, over time I realize you guys are my friends, and I cherish most of you. (some more than others... πŸ˜‹πŸ€—). Sure, I'm not inviting any of you over for my Barbeque this weekend. But that don't mean I wouldn't if you lived nearby!

So, thank you all for being so supportive and cheering me on all this time. It is very much appreciated, and you know it feeds my ego horribly (and I love it) πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‚.

As for Tonight!!!

Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders was knocked right out of the park. I don't know if it was the great sleep last night, or the decision to eat a just a wee bit more (1800 calories) on the day. Or perhaps it was my 2nd covid shot yesterday... ? lol. But I finally felt like I remembered I used to when working out. I had explosive power, I had stamina and I could just DO IT! πŸ˜ƒπŸ’ͺ

Moving up in all 4 of the 5 exercises to start with, I did markedly better in all sets, which is of course forcing me to move up again next in all 4 exercises. I'm already glad I purchased the Iron Masters because I've just graduated to the big boy Dumbbells as 52.5 lbs just isn't enough for a number of exercises now. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜›πŸ˜…

As for the 5th exercise... It was DB lateral shoulder raises, and while I did better than last week... That's just a slow painful and difficult exercise to quickly improve. SO I'm not sweating that. πŸ˜†πŸ‘

Lynn was great too... We have this thing we do at the completion of each weight day... Where we count to three, then slap our right hands together and hold on to each other's hand tight and shout "IRON MASTERS!". It's a whole lot of fun, and well were weird like that. 😁 I love that woman. πŸ’–

And looky here, a nice big Calorie burn to go along with it.... 😎

Good Night Everyone! (I'm not taking anything tonight.... so may need some well wishes on this).

va05b2nojii7.png
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed your birthday, you deserved a wonderful day πŸŽ‰ You had a HUGE step day AND on your birthdayπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I'm sorry that you were in terrible pain, I'm glad that you had fun with the family and all of the chats, phone calls and FB messages. That breakfast poutine sounded so delicious. Congrats again with all of the steps AND graduating to dumbbell exercises in physio πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»

I love your Never Quit poster. So true!

I'm glad you are getting the stuff around the apartment done. Good luck getting things crossed off your list.

@rwood566
    Even with a monitor you still had a great day! Look at all of those steps and low, low calorie day. When do you get your results?

@Poobah1972
    Now that's a killer session on the elliptical! No wonder you had jelly legs.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh no, not sleeping. Hopefully when your a/c is fixed, you'll be able to sleep. I'd like to pick up the steps for you, but let's face it, YOU are a walking superstar!

@Beverly2Hansen
    Yesterday's MFP crash seemed to effect a lot of members (me included). Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

@888Angie888
    Terrific high day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@littleflutterby
    Another wonderful step day for you πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» love that you're dancing!

@Tazaria87
    Beautiful pictures! That looks like a lovely place to walk.

@Aqualang26
    Yayyyyy!!!!!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Poohbah1972 that is awesome to increase on 4 exercises in a workout! You have definitely woke up that muscle memory and you'll be back to your old lifts before you know it!

@Aqualung26 that is wonderful that your wedding rings fit again.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 wishing you solutions from the podiatrist and the a/c repairman.

@lindamtuck2018 sounds like your birthday was a fantastic day all around. How did the brief walks work today?

@Tazaria87 the lake looks lovely and sounds like a wonderful way to spend the early evening and get in healthy activity with your family.

Am under a lot of stress lately as health insurance is reviewing my claims for the past 2 years. It feels a bit disingenuous since so much medical care here was restricted last year and much of my diabetic complications I gave up on treatment and just live with the best I can.

@rwood566 I hope that you hear back soon after you turn in the Holter monitor. I wore one for 3 days but was told to continue normal daily activities so that they could see when and record what I was doing when light headed.

I am still awaiting treatment for morning lightheadedness and spend most of the first hour awake with my head between my knees because my GP and transplant are waiting for an endocrinologist to take over my medication dosages. Sorry to be a bit negative tonight just frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.