Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 12557
    Exercise 38min walk

So I ended up fasting until just before 7pm. That's when I first felt real physical hunger and no more bloating so I decided to eat. I heated up some leftovers from the fridge and had a piece of toast with them. Had an ice cream bar for dessert and called it good. My neices were here all day so we walked up to the playground again. This time I put the two older girls in a wagon to pull and wore the baby in a carrier. It worked so much better. I also took my 38min walk around the neighborhood after the kids were in bed. The other steps must have come from how much laundry I did haha.

Missing your steps from 6/20

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 192.0
    CW: 192.2
    LTD: 60.4 pounds (SW 252.6)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 great job. Enjoy the aquarium.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 are you a mermaid? 2 1/2 hours in the pool? After that long all I would have is 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

All of you amaze me with all of your steps. I wonder how we stack up against the other groups.

Check in for 6/23:
    Steps - 6761. Spent 1 1/2 hours at the fair. No games there this year. I think they are trying to make up all the money they lost last year at once. 18 bucks for a sandwich that is 4 inches wide. About the size of mcdonalds cheeseburger.
    Calories - 1704. I feel good with that number. Ate half the brisket sandwich, 6 waffle fries, half a chocolate chip cookie.
    Exercise - just the fair. I will be walking or the gym tomorrow.

I felt great with my trip. Didn't get light headed with the slow walking and controlled my eating and spending. Avoided the snack booths but daughter got a small bag of kettle corn, unopened still, and a bucket of chocolate chip cookies. There were about 30 food stands. I loved it all.

I hope all of you can go to a fair this year.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My weight has fluctuated so much this week. It is crazy. On Father's Day, we had the whole family over to my house. My daughter is a fabulous baker, and she made desserts. There was some left over, and I ate too much cheesecake Sunday evening. Then the darned leftover Strawberry Trifle was sitting in the fridge for a couple of days, and I gave in and ate some of that. Lots of water weight on Monday morning:)

Anyway, just to show you what I'm talking about:

Weight 6/16/2021 192 lbs (Wednesday team weigh-in day)

Weight 6/17/2021 192 lbs

Weight 6/18/2021 191.3 lbs

Weight 6/19/2021 190.4 lbs

Weight 6/20/2021 191.8 lbs

Weight 6/21/2021 194.6 lbs

Weight 6/22/2021 192.6 lbs

Weight 6/23/2021 192.2 lbs (Wednesday team weigh-in day)

Today, I had to bring my mom to the hospital for a planned admission. She has a disease, pulmonary hypertension, that has thus far required her to have an IV catheter in her chest for continuous medication delivery. Now, there is a pill form of this medicine, and my mom is going to be transitioning to that while in the hospital. Lots of side effects, but if it's successful, she can get the IV catheter out of her chest.

I'll be at the hospital from early morning until evening for at least the next two days, maybe more. As I discovered today, there are so many food smells at the hospital! Every time I walked out of her room to use the restroom down the hall, I smelled food! When they bring my mom's meals, they always smell good. Then there's the snacks in her room, the coffee/pastry shop in the lobby that I pass on the way in and out, etc.

I'm going to do the best I can to get enough steps in and to bring snacks/food with me. It seems that it is always something every week that can derail me. I am so appreciative of everyone on this team! Y'all keep me going!

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning 🌞 Y'all!!!

I had bad dream involving grizzly bears trying to get into my house. I was slow to get out of bed. Late to get downstairs and climb on that Elliptical.

I used all the above as an excuse to quite after 25 minutes, with 5 minutes left to go.

Meh... Just one of them days I guess.

But the good news is just one more day till Leg day... Can't wait.

BRING THE PAIN!!! 😈

Have a great day guys! 😃

e28rnym2d1cn.png
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @iradi8
    60.4 pounds lost!! Way to go Sloan 👏🏻👏🏻 It used to puzzle me (and drive me a bit mad) watching my weight creep up and then drop, then up up, then down. When I did the free trial of Noom, they told us that weight naturally fluctuates and to weigh yourself daily to help reduce scale anxiety. During my trial, that information used to make me a bit - - let's just say not happy. Fast forward and I finally see what they mean. Hopefully, this doesn't frustrate you the same way it did me when I heard it 🤗
    Ohh, yes homemade baked deliciousness is one of my trigger foods. My old self would have been rationalizing the desserts- strawberry trifle is filled with strawberries, and strawberries are loaded with vitamin C & are a fruit, vitamin C & fruits are good for you, therefore strawberry trifle is good for me.
    Now that is amazing news, your mom getting the catheter out. I hope she responds well to the pill form and that she doesn't experience the side effects. Yes, it seems evil that hospitals have a sweets/coffee shop in the lobby, I swear they pump the smells through the vents to lure people in there. Sloan, that's a brilliant idea, bringing your own food and snacks from home. @lindamtuck2018 mentioned that she gets in 250 steps every hour. I think it was a setting on her watch to remind her. I'd caution to walk right outside her door though if you're in the process of waiting for one of the docs to come in for an update. I think there is a sensor on the door that alerts the doctors when family has left the room, so that they can swoop in and deliver too much information and dash out again 🤦🏻‍♀️
    🤗

@rwood566
    Huge step day Roger!! One and a half hours of walking around the fair and it sounds like you did amazing 👏🏻👏🏻 That's crazy expensive, $18 for a teeny tiny sandwich. I've heard that fair food has gotten really expensive, I didn't know it wasTHAT expensive. Way to stay low with your calories AND while being at the fair around all of that deep fried food and other deliciousnesses 🙌🏻🙌🏻 You have some incredible willpower. Truly inspired over here.
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Now that's a strange dream, wonder why... 👏🏻👏🏻 for getting on the elliptical, especially after not sleeping so well. A shorter workout is better than no workout. Plus, you almost finished your time on the elliptical 👏🏻👏🏻

Ok, coffee almost drained ✅ Going to grab my sneaks and my hubby, then heading out the door. Busy day today, unfortunately no aquarium for us for a bit. I checked their website after I posted, several exhibit are closed and they are only taking timed admissions into the aquarium. Instead, since we are expecting thunder storms- we are going to have a Nerf battle (help me), PJ day, movie and popcorn day (plus get their reading in for school- hopefully I'll get to the grocery store).

Enjoy your day everyone!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @iradi8 I feel your pain, the scale and I are having relationship issues this week. I am up .6 from my low of four days ago. Mentally I hate going back up after a low weight but it’s worse when it takes more than a day or two to go back down.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/23 steps 9,677

I was ordering pizza last night for the kiddos and decided to see if I could fit some thin crust pizza into my calories and I was able to. So I ate it. And felt guilty since it is not what I have been eating the last 12 weeks. Today was an up day on the scale, feels like a bit of a punishment, grrrr.

Logically, people eat anything within their calories and lose weight and this makes sense. But, my head is convinced I won’t lose weight unless I only eat “healthy” foods. Seeing the scale go up after eating pizza just seems to reinforce this illogical thinking.

Scale fluctuations are frustrating. I don’t think any foods are bad foods. Pizza has a ton of sodium in it so it can cause water retention. Usually, when I eat pizza I have a big jump on the scale even if it is within my calories. My sodium was high yesterday and I see it on the scales today. Look at the trend of your weight over time. I use the app happy scale to log my weights daily so that helps. But I totally understand how you feel as I am my own worse enemy with the scales.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 , @lmf1012 I have been logging my weight daily for 27 months and have lived thru the jumps many times. It can get frustrating since we look at our logs and tell ourselves we did everything right. I had to learn to expect these and accept them without stress. I am 1.4 lb above my low from Tuesday. It is just a bump I have to get over to reach my goals.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I feel like this week’s weigh-in is going to be a rough one. It’s TOM, and I’ve been consuming a good bit of salt. I also haven’t been reaching my step goal this week. I’m working on corrective action, and remembering my NSVs, trying not overthink and get too bummed out. We’ll see what happens.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for the last few days:
    6/21: 1,793
    6/22: 5,111
    6/23: 3,790
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    150 minutes in the pool with a burn of 850 calories ... I swam laps....I floated on the pool noodle while using my arms under water and Alyssa and I just played around for a bit :)

You are such a lucky girl. Awesome burn. I never turn my Fitbit on except when doing laps. Do you set it for the entire time you are in? Once the pool opens should I set mine for on even if it’s treading water, throwing the kids and my aqua fit exercises?
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    6/22
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie I think so?
    Water 81oz
    Steps 5129
    Exercise Cleaned out the garage

So like it says under exercise we chose to clean out the garage. On our anniversary lol. But he had the day off. It took us 6 hours to pull everything out, spray everything off and spray out the garage, and put everything back but more organized. Exhausting haha. Then my mom picked up the kids and we went to a late dinner. I tallied calories the best I could and made mostly good choices. The food was great, will be going back. I feel like I probably got more steps than it shows since my dress for the dinner didn't have pockets, but oh well.

I'm late posting today. We have unexpected house guests wanting to stay with us for a few days so I had to get the guest room ready in between taking my kids to and from summer camp and also taking the kids to the splash park in the afternoon. I might have skipped that part but we were meeting people there.

Sounds like a productive way to exercise. Enjoy your topics with the guests!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    PW:183.4
    CW: 184
    Steps 8,736

Boring day yesterday but did get my workout in. I am getting lazy with my food. I need to get it back together.

You always get your workout done no matter what. Nice steps!

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    I think I need Amazon Anonymous Classes LOL(Amazon loves me to pieces ) ... I spent so much money yesterday on prime day ...granted it was all keto/low carb things :)

Same! My credit card statement has Amazon printed all over it!

OMG Ladies... I can almost certainly guarantee you guys I got you both beat. I'm the King of Amazon. Or at least I'm known as such by my office cohorts and all the delivery people. lol 😆😊

It sucks that they postponed prime day.

Evening Buds!!! 🤓😆😃

Small victory tonight.... I packed an extra protein snack in my lunch and managed not to eat it until the 2:30ish in the afternoon. That counts right? I've had a tendency to eat all my snacks and all my lunch by 11:30 or sometimes worse. 😐😊 I'm trying to have food in my gut when I get home for our workout. 👍

Chest and Triceps and shoulders went smashingly well. Still getting stronger each and every week, and moving up in most exercises yet again.. OH YEAH!!! 💪😁

I was a little late, starting the workout today, because I got home at the same time a young gentleman was at my door soliciting for donations to a charity called "Plan Canada" part of "Plan International"... I was in a good mood apparently and everything seems on the up and up. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and I'm trying to buy my way into Heaven... Or I just feel guilty, that I live a good life, and haven't done enough for billions of people less fortunate than me. (probably the last one). But for the first time in my life, I've gone ahead and started contributing monthly to the "Because I'm a Girl" campaign. I've done some more research since supper, and it appears to be legit, but it's so hard to trust someone who comes to your door... So many horror stories. Anyway... I've cut cable, I even cut netflix, I have a cheapest phone plan there is, I got super cheap rent, have a new car.... So why the hell not! 😆👍😊

As for diet today... Once again being a double exercise day... I've upped my calories and almost ate a whole 2000 calories worth. Pretty sure my body is thanking me though! 😎

Okay... Good night everyone, and have an amazing evening! 😃🤗😊

3108cv7c3wyj.png

It must feel so good to see your strength increasing. Well done.

Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ❌
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ✅
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ❌

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Stationary bike- 32 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps- 11,500

Yes!!! Finally drank all 64 oz of fizzy water 🤩 but… I went over in calories. One day, I’ll get ✅ on both. The over calorie budget was poor planning. Instead of folding laundry, I should have gone grocery shopping. I ran out of Fuji apples and mini bell peppers (my two crunchy foods that I reach for if I’m running low on calories). Tomorrow’s plan; walk with hubby, quick breakfast, 30 minute ride, shower, grocery shop, lunch, aquarium, read with each child, prep and cook dinner.

Another great step day! I think the problem would be if you stopped trying. Busy day today! Any chance you can come do my grocery shopping and meal plan?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    ✅Steps 6,851
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk

I am getting kicked in the butt from my COVID vaccine. Bottom line is I and grateful to be fully vaccinated and this is a walk in the park compared to COVID. I will be taking it easy today and hopefully back at it tomorrow.

Edit to say I just got an email that the outdoor pool is opening near my daughters. My membership there as expired but I will phone to see if I can renew it later today.

Happy Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I will catch up with the rest of the post later.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Yes I turn my fitbit on workout since it counts funny on swim for the entire time
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    We just got back from a 141 minutes 5.65 miles with a 733 burn :) very warm this morning..we have been in the 90's the last few days back up to 107 and 109 ewwwwwww
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Yes I turn my fitbit on workout since it counts funny on swim for the entire time
    We just got back from a 141 minutes 5.65 miles with a 733 burn :) very warm this morning..we have been in the 90's the last few days back up to 107 and 109 ewwwwwww

That’s good to know! I am able to renew my membership at the pool and will be taking my granddaughters a lot. With the current COVID restrictions they are only letting 10 people in the pool at a time but that should change soon. When I had my old Fitbit Ionic it counted the laps wrong. Thanks for the info.

Awesome walk!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 192.0
    CW: 192.2
    LTD: 60.4 pounds (SW 252.6)
    iradi8 wrote: »
    My weight has fluctuated so much this week. It is crazy. On Father's Day, we had the whole family over to my house. My daughter is a fabulous baker, and she made desserts. There was some left over, and I ate too much cheesecake Sunday evening. Then the darned leftover Strawberry Trifle was sitting in the fridge for a couple of days, and I gave in and ate some of that. Lots of water weight on Monday morning:)

Anyway, just to show you what I'm talking about:

Weight 6/16/2021 192 lbs (Wednesday team weigh-in day)

Weight 6/17/2021 192 lbs

Weight 6/18/2021 191.3 lbs

Weight 6/19/2021 190.4 lbs

Weight 6/20/2021 191.8 lbs

Weight 6/21/2021 194.6 lbs

Weight 6/22/2021 192.6 lbs

Weight 6/23/2021 192.2 lbs (Wednesday team weigh-in day)

Today, I had to bring my mom to the hospital for a planned admission. She has a disease, pulmonary hypertension, that has thus far required her to have an IV catheter in her chest for continuous medication delivery. Now, there is a pill form of this medicine, and my mom is going to be transitioning to that while in the hospital. Lots of side effects, but if it's successful, she can get the IV catheter out of her chest.

I'll be at the hospital from early morning until evening for at least the next two days, maybe more. As I discovered today, there are so many food smells at the hospital! Every time I walked out of her room to use the restroom down the hall, I smelled food! When they bring my mom's meals, they always smell good. Then there's the snacks in her room, the coffee/pastry shop in the lobby that I pass on the way in and out, etc.

I'm going to do the best I can to get enough steps in and to bring snacks/food with me. It seems that it is always something every week that can derail me. I am so appreciative of everyone on this team! Y'all keep me going!

Tell that scale it’s really, really bad. You have lost 60 pounds and that is amazing. Even with different things getting in the way, you never give up and that is important. I hope your Mom gets her catheter removed and the switch to the medication goes smoothly. You have a great plan with bringing snacks and increasing steps.

rwood566 wrote: »
    @TheresaM787 great job. Enjoy the aquarium.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 are you a mermaid? 2 1/2 hours in the pool? After that long all I would have is 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

All of you amaze me with all of your steps. I wonder how we stack up against the other groups.

Check in for 6/23:
    Steps - 6761. Spent 1 1/2 hours at the fair. No games there this year. I think they are trying to make up all the money they lost last year at once. 18 bucks for a sandwich that is 4 inches wide. About the size of mcdonalds cheeseburger.
    Calories - 1704. I feel good with that number. Ate half the brisket sandwich, 6 waffle fries, half a chocolate chip cookie.
    Exercise - just the fair. I will be walking or the gym tomorrow.

I felt great with my trip. Didn't get light headed with the slow walking and controlled my eating and spending. Avoided the snack booths but daughter got a small bag of kettle corn, unopened still, and a bucket of chocolate chip cookies. There were about 30 food stands. I loved it all.

I hope all of you can go to a fair this year.

Sounds like you had a great day at the fair. You do so good with portion control when eating out. What’s your trick? Awesome steps! Not every team does the step challenge but first when I joined the group we did compete within teams. We have lots of fairs in London but I haven’t heard if any of them are going ahead.
    Good Morning 🌞 Y'all!!!

I had bad dream involving grizzly bears trying to get into my house. I was slow to get out of bed. Late to get downstairs and climb on that Elliptical.

I used all the above as an excuse to quite after 25 minutes, with 5 minutes left to go.

Meh... Just one of them days I guess.

But the good news is just one more day till Leg day... Can't wait.

BRING THE PAIN!!! 😈

Have a great day guys! 😃

e28rnym2d1cn.png

We all have those days. You still did the elliptical when you could have blown it off totally. I love your excitement about leg day.

red1185 wrote: »
    I feel like this week’s weigh-in is going to be a rough one. It’s TOM, and I’ve been consuming a good bit of salt. I also haven’t been reaching my step goal this week. I’m working on corrective action, and remembering my NSVs, trying not overthink and get too bummed out. We’ll see what happens.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps for the last few days:
    6/21: 1,793
    6/22: 5,111
    6/23: 3,790

You know what’s going to cause the gain if you do. You are making changes so that’s positive. What are some of your NSV’s?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 223.2
    CW: 220.0
    🙂
This discussion has been closed.