Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,888 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Would it help to pretrack your food in the morning or even the night before?

@leonadixon Congrats on the loss.

@Cornanda The beach was crowded but fun.That's too bad it's still raining. Hopefully it stops soon.

@TeresaW1020 That sounds like a blast. My BFF is staying from Friday until Monday. So, my brother leaves on Monday and she comes 4 days later. Yeah, I had no idea it was that late when I drank that coffee lol. I did have fun at the beach! I'm sorry you are struggling.

@TwistedSassette It was! That's good your sleep improved in June. And WTG with the calorie deficit!

@askewcr Ballroom dancing sounds fun.

Hi all. I had fun at the beach yesterday. We are going to the wild animal park today. Lots of walking. I did "so-so" with food yesterday. Will try to improve on it today.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I think it's great that you and hubby are doing the ballroom dancing. I could never convince my hubby to do that!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I didn't have a great day yesterday. Hubby came home from his mum's farm because they had some rain and it's going to be too wet to continue planting the crop for a while. Which is great, but it also meant he wanted pizza for dinner so I was way over my calories (but still a small deficit). I should have stopped myself before going back for more pizza, but I didn't. It also meant I didn't start the Body Boss program, so I will aim to start on Monday.

I did get to sleep on time though, and enjoyed a good, proper night of rest!

Tonight my sister and I are going to an event hosted by a local artist, where we will learn to knit a snood, and paint a beautiful ram on canvas! It's called a paint & sip night, and it should be a lot of fun so I'm really looking forward to it! For a while we thought it might be cancelled given the covid restrictions that have popped up again, but she has managed to organise it to still go ahead in a covid-safe way. I can't wait!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2021 Word: PEACE
    m26v9koftd5k.png5ll3iatk4ug0.png
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.5kg
    PW: 125.5kg
    CW: 125.3kg
    LTD: 13.2kg
    LTW: 0.2 kg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 160.2.
    CW. 161.4
    Sorry I am so far behind again. Wanted to make sure I got this in for June. I was so discouraged to have gained a pound, I have really been tracking it and only one day did I go over by 400 cal. I’m not sure exactly what is going on, but on a better note I am actually fitting into more of my clothes that there was no way I could squeeze into. I got into two pairs of shorts that I could not do the zipper up on, they are snug, but hallelujah I can wear them, with this heat it’s insane!!!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I felt much better today. Got several things accomplished including straightening the garage again. Dance practice went well and I tutored again today. I got my exercise in today as well. I had a grilled chicken sandwich from "Cook Out" and it was ok. It's new here and I was looking form something to wow me. Tomorrow we renew commitments and roll on. Let's make it a great one!!! B)
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello all, A new month already :o
    davidji82
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW:225.0
    CW:223.9
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi to all the returning Slims and welcome to the newbies. Let's make July our best month yet!

I'm Jackie. I'm 57 and live in Ontario, Canada with my Hubby of 30 years, our 24yr old son and a spoiled German Shepard named Jolene. Our 26 yr old daughter who is one of my biggest supporters/pushers in my weightless journey lives 6hrs away. I work part time in a chocolate store which is sometimes a bit of a challenge.

I've been part of this group for 2yrs now and am down 43 lbs from my heaviest weight. I started doing IF at the end of March. Nothing too drastic as I like to eat everyday but 2 or 3 days a week I skip breakfast and lunch giving me a 24 hr fast. I also try to keep carbs low and avoid added sugar. Although my progress has been slow this is the first time in 3 decades that I've been able to lose more than a few pounds on any diet and keep it off. I've been slacking the past 2 months but it's time to get back to work again.

I started doing the 75 Hard Challenge with my daughter but realized I was just skimming though the tasks so I decided to restart July 1st and put in my best effort.

I'm still working on turning my goals for 2021 into habits by focusing on them one at a time. 4 of them I do fairly consistently now so 4 more to go. For July I'm going to focus on strength training, sleep and getting my house organized

1. Stay away from sugar or refined carbs ✔
    2. Hydrate earlier in the day✔
    3. Get at least 30 min of activity daily ✔
    4. Be consistant with strength training.
    5. Get outside for some fresh air daily ✔
    6. Work on getting enough sleep
    7. Get my house organized
    8. Get back to posting on my blog regularly
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Username: Lulu_jo
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 219
    CW: 217
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 180.8
    CW: 183.4 :|
    LTD: 81.0
    Month: +2.6
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette We have those paint & sips here too! My church did one a few years ago that we called Coffee & Canvas and it was a lot of fun. I hope you and your sister had a great time! :)

@laurelfit57 I truly think that going by the way your clothes feel and fit is so much better than the scale. We gain weight for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with our calories. So be proud of yourself and the progress you are making. You rock those shorts!! B)

@askewcr Glad you are feeling better today. I haven’t been wowed by Cook Out’s food either. :/

@Jactop You have such a good list of things to stay focused on and with the 75 Hard Challenge to keep you motivated you are going to do great this summer! How do you like doing the challenge with your daughter? :)

Hi Team! Well, VBS is over, and it was a great week! We ended last night with pizza and cookies, which didn’t help my already rising scale. I’m not happy with the 2.6 lb gain but it is what it is and I’m forgiving myself and moving forward. I went and cleaned the church today and picked up all the candy, didn't eat one single piece, and put it in the office our children's pastor uses. I listened to a couple of sugar addiction podcasts while I worked, which was very helpful. :grin: I’m back to taking my blood sugar and eating high protein, low carb. I have a physical scheduled for July 21st and I WILL be in the 170s by then!!

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge Trigger is paused at 82 until I can reach it for at least three days straight. Today, at lunch it was at 88.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): Lots of church cleaning done today.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username:davors19

PW: 265.5
    CW: 265
    LTD: 35
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Starting weight: 6/26 = 225.5 (still the same on 6/30)
    Weigh in for 7/2: 225.5
    Weigh in for 7/9:
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

I am not sure why my weight hasn't changed because I have been exercising more, but I am glad it didn't go up.
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 138
    CW: 138
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Greetings! My name is Hannah, and I live in rural Iowa with my husband and two cats. Right now, I am a teacher on summer break, and my goal is to develop healthy habits during this downtime. So far, I have been consistently walking every day - usually average about 1.5 miles. I have been spending time with my hobbies of reading and sewing, and I have been cooking at home more recently but still struggle with snacking.

@krea4 I sew as well and have found the act of keeping my hands busy keeps them out of the snack cupboard (for the most part ;-)

@Jactop That sounds like a really hard challenge, especially for us procrastinators!

@TeresaW1020 I remember vacation Bible School being so much fun! Our current church does not do VBS, but I get to teach 1st & 2nd grade on Wednesdays nights from Sep - Apr. and they are so motivated to learn and energetic at that age.

@TwistedSassette I hate those masks! As a teacher, I had to wear one every day for most of the year - our mask mandate was lifted with ten days left of school this year.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: RYcare
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 232.8
    CW: 231.6

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 248.5
    CW:247

Yay me! That's a pound and a half of that vacation weight I just lost. Working on the rest of it to come off by next weekend. I will not be defeated! Let's go get it!! B)
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355 (9/1/2020)
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (6/26/2021): 259.2
    7/3/2021: 258.8 (-0.4)
    7/10/2021:
    7/17/2021:
    7/24/2021:
    7/31/2021:
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 249.4
    CW: 248.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,888 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    SW: 248
    PW: 215.8
    CW: 219.8
    LTD: 28.2

Company is here and we are eating out every day. I'm making the best decisions I can most days. I'll catch up with you all later.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 177

This discussion has been closed.