Mission Slimpossibles-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I am not one who will avoid certain foods entirely, I know myself well enough to know that's a sure-fire way to end up with a binge. So I need to find a way that I can still have treats, but in moderation. Ideas, anyone?
    I find the easiest way to kick the sugar habit is to do a reset even if it's only for a few days. After 2 days the cravings start to diminish and continue to go down daily. This also helps keep me mindful and its easier to make better choices when my body isn't working against me

Also having carrot medallions prepped and ready in the fridge has been a lifesaver. Sometimes all it takes when a craving stikes is a little distraction
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 177
    CW: 176.1

LTD 15
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Wow, so many great posts to catch up on!

@TeresaW1020 - hope your road trip to FL goes well. Looking forward to hearing about your eating plan. You amaze me with how much research you do on the topic.

@TwistedSassette - I did AVOID the ab workout yesterday. But I do have an excuse- I did not work from home. Which is unusual for me. When I got home, I just could not convince myself to do it. I really admire that you are able to get your workouts in after work most days. That takes determination. The ab workout will be rescheduled. As far as your eating treats in moderation.... for me it helps to only have things available that come in small portions. I found some ice cream sandwiches that are 100 cal. For my chocolate fix, I eat Hershey kisses- the most I've ever eaten is 5. Most times I squash the craving with 1 or 2. I've been trying to work on distraction methods, but usually forget in the heat of the moment. Telling myself I want to lose X pounds more than I want to eat this helps me too. I hope your weekend trip goes well.

@askewcr - congrats on your A1C, that's great news!

@laurelfit57 - wow, that sounds like a great day! It doesn't sound like you went too far off track, so just head on back and it'll be fine.

@Lulu_jo - Hope you feel better soon, that sounds like the pits!

@trooworld - Have fun with your BFF!

@GabiV125- Hooray for you! Glad insane stress June is over!

@leonadixon - hugs!

@19shmoo69 I drank my coffee today. Did you?

@Katmary71 - Yay for trying to go to yoga. You are an awesome auntie to help out like that. My son played saxophone and I do not think that wailing sound will last long. He's pretty introverted and also not likely to try new things. He loved band all the way through high school.

@Jactop - wow. the challenge plus IF. You are a woman on a mission. I admire your determination! Nice loss!

@gwamajtw91 - congrats! Reaching goal is awesome! Must feel great!

Had a good weigh in today and my plan for the weekend is to keep things reasonable and not get all wild and in that "what the h--l" mode. I tried on some pants in the next size down today and I'm getting there! Happy weekend to all!

Lisa

• bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 138 lbs
    CW: 137 lbs
    LTD: 4 lbs
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, My problem with bras is that I no longer am the same size and it seems to keep changing! :D I can’t wait to hear about all the fun you and your BFF have during her visit.

@Jactop I do plan to go get a proper fitting soon. I just keep wanting to wait until I hit my goal weight. :grin: I do the modification burpee that you described. Although, I would rather just do a completely different exercise since I don’t feel the modified burpee really does all that much for me. Keep up your “Hard” work and you are going to see great results! :)

@gwamajtw91 Wahoooooo!!! Huge congratulations on you reaching your goals weight. That is wonderful!! :star: Now the fun of maintenance can begin for you. :grin:

@Cornanda Nice loss this week!! Well, I figure if I can get the scale to move, I can at least research something to make me feel less frustrated. :grin: Have a great weekend!

Hi Team! I’ve been a busy girl today getting the house super clean before I leave on Monday. For some reason, I always feel that I need to make things extra clean just in case I die. That way my poor hubby can grieve without worrying that the bathroom rugs need to be washed. :D He did say that if the bathroom rugs ever needed washing, he would just buy new ones. Like he would ever notice such a thing. Men! :grin: Tonight, I’m making salmon for dinner so I’m excited about that. One of the things I’ve decided to do with the two meals that I eat is to make lunch the bigger meal. I’ve been eating too much at dinner and feeling overly full and I think that is the main reason my scale isn’t budging. I always lose if I can go to bed feeling a little hungry. I just can’t let my eyes be bigger than my stomach. I might even use a smaller plate to help keep me focused.

Goal Weight Challenge: EYE ON THE PRIZE! B)
    Data Driven Fasting challenge I took my BG before lunch, and it was 83. My trigger right now is 82 so that was good.
    No Sugar No sugar
    Workout (includes church cleaning): I started a new program called 4 Week of the Prep. It’s to get me ready for an even more intense program. As if I would do that to myself. :D
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Username: Lulu_jo
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 217
    CW: 217😐
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda thank you for asking. I did drink my coffee today. It was Starbucks espresso decaf. Now for a question for you and the other coffee drinkers. Large cup or small cup? I prefer large but recently I have taken a liking to old style cafe cups. My family has been able to find some. They sip really well.
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 6/26 = 225.5 (still the same on 6/30)
    Weigh in for 7/2: 225.5
    Weigh in for 7/9: 228.5
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

I didn't get discouraged when I did my weigh in for today because I know part of the weight gain is due to hormones.
    I also need to drink more water. I am happy to report that I completed my first 10K race on the fourth of July! I am probably dehydrated because I haven't been drinking enough water since then.

I have been doing well with being consistent with exercising this week. I also started working with a dietitian, and was told that
    I was not eating enough calories for my increased exercising and it was slowing down my metabolism. I need to increase the frequency of my meals to accomodate my exercise schedule. I am creating a new meal plan to improve my eating frequency to help me achieve my weight loss goals.

I do like that my dietitian reminded me that the weight loss will be a by product of my new healthy lifestyle, and not the sole purpose as I focus on improving my health and overall wellbeing. The weight loss is not the end goal, but a part of the journey as I strive to live my best life.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Busy day today but a good day. Spent time with nieces and visited my aunt, my mom's only living sister. What a joy it brought to her to see my nieces. I didn't eat too awfully crazy today but not on my best game. Tomorrow is a another day. Hanging in there...
  • TheGlwUp
    Options
    @TheGlwUp Sometimes when you start exercising more your muscles will hold on to water. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will go down. :)

Thank you! I am going to drink more water and keep moving!

trooworld wrote: »
    @Jactop @TheGlwUp @Lulu_jo Congrats on making it on the leaderboard!!! Woot woot!

Thank you! I was surprised to see my name on there!
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    HW -- 355 (9/1/2020)
    Weigh in day Saturday

SW (6/26/2021): 259.2
    7/3/2021: 258.8 (-0.4)
    7/10/2021: 258.8 (0.0)
    7/17/2021:
    7/24/2021:
    7/31/2021:

No gain, no loss. Need 3.8 pounds to get to 100 lost since 9/1/2020. I need to be mad at those 3.8 pounds -- :) Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • RYcare
    RYcare Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Username: RYcare
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    SW: 255 (11/04/20)
    PW: 231.6
    CW: 234

Not too worried about this gain as it is TOM time… I also know I am not doing my best especially when it comes to eating. I do exercise then end up eating extra more calories that the ones I even burned.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 247
    CW:247

Well no change this week and that's OK. Keeping my eyes on the prize. Let's go get it!
    B)

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 219.8
    CW: 222.8
    LTD: 25.2
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Jactop This past week, using my Cricut Maker, I've made a summer wreath for the front door, 2 T-shirts, and a bunch of faux leather jewelry. It was a lot of fun! Good luck with your 75 Hard and IF. I hope you see another whoosh.

@gwamajtw91 CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome!

@Cornanda Well done on the loss. Thanks, I'm having fun so far.

@bgame4 Congrats on the loss.

@TeresaW1020 Oh that stinks. We are having fun so far! That's funny about needing to have the house clean lol. Salmon sounds like a good meal.

@Lulu_jo You've come a long way in your journey, hang in there!

@19shmoo69 I am a large cup coffee drinker (in a tumbler with a lid so it stays hot) with the possibility of a second cup lol.

@TheGlwUp Wow, a 10K? Fantastic! Congratulations. That's great you are working with a dietician.

@mlhopp93 Wow, 100 lbs, you are so close! That's wonderful.

@Firefly743 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I am not surprised by this gain. I've been busy with company eating out and not doing my best. Last night, we went to Little Italy and I ate pasta so that didn't help. Little Italy was really busy but fun. More eating out today and tomorrow.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gwamajtw91 Woot woot! So happy for you.

mzvje76iktoo.png
  • TheGlwUp
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    Friday
    gwamajtw91
    July 2: 162.5
    July 9: 159.6

I have FINALLY (after 18 months) reached my goal!! Hopefully England can say the same after the football on Sunday!!

Congratulations!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW: 205 lbs
    CW: 205 lbs
This discussion has been closed.