TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Replies

• TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight: 6/26 = 225.5 (still the same on 6/30)
    Weigh in for 7/2: 225.5
    Weigh in for 7/9: 228.5
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

I completed my first 10K race on the fourth of July! I look forward to doing more races this year.
  • Akariixo
    Akariixo Posts: 57 Member
    TheGlwUp wrote: »
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

I completed my first 10K race on the fourth of July! I look forward to doing more races this year.

Congratulations on your 10k !!! :)
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

Yes, that's awesome!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
  • kaytyl2
    kaytyl2 Posts: 142 Member
    PW:166
    CW:167

This gain is hormonal so I know I'll see a good loss on the scales next week. I use to gain around 5lbs at this time, but my change in diet, lots of water and supplements etc are helping. Good luck everyone! 😊
  • Keepingtrack1234
    I am at the highest weight I have been at since I had my daughter...145.6. I think some of this is water (I did eat a lot of pizza last night) but no matter how I cut it, my weight is trending UP. I need to take a hard look at things; I cut back this week on little bites, but not totally. I also drank 3 nights this week, which is always bad. I am really feeling anxious, but at the same time, I know the way to fight that is continuing to focus.
    PW 142
    CW 145.6
  • TheGlwUp
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

Congratulations on your 10k !!! :)

Thank you!
  • TheGlwUp
    Weigh in for 7/16:
    Weigh in for 7/23:
    Weigh in for 7/30:

Yes, that's awesome!!

Thanks!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,869 Member
    Calli1616
    Weigh in Day - Saturday
    PW 182.4
    CW 181.1
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Colleen790
    July week 2
    PW 165.7
    CW 164.9
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Shawtytel
    Saturday
    July/ Week 2
    PW: 154.0
    CW: 154.2
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Daily check in!
    Saturday...
    Exercise yep
    Tracking mostly...we had friends over (so. Much. Socializing. This summer is nuts!)
    But I did ok.
    Calories: pretty sure I'm under!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Hello all,
    I was just released from the hospital. I've had a hiatal hernia for some 35 years, and finally had it repaired this past Thursday. I had it repaired because lately I started having a serious side effect from it. The side effect put me in the hospital three times in the last 3 months. Ironically, it's quite likely that my weight loss, coupled with the hiatal hernia, is what allowed the side effect to begin happening. That should be in the past now that the hernia has been repaired.
    Some of you may know that last July 10th, I started on a journey to lose 100 pounds in a year. Today is the end of that year. Although I didn't quite make it, primarily due to the medical issue, I did pretty well. And I intend to keep going. I had scheduled a DEXA body scan for yesterday, but cancelled it. The idea was, see what my body fat percentage was at the end of that year.
    There's a website, futureme.org, that let's you write letters to your future self and specify a delivery date. I had forgotten, but I was inspired to do just that last January. Today, I was surprised to get this email from myself--written on January 22nd. Here it is:
    "Dear FutureMe,
    What a struggle this has been. I am currently heavily tempted to enjoy some sweets. I hope you have reached our goal. If so, please have a dessert for me (but only if it's within our calorie limit).
    If you haven't reached 230 pounds yet, don't give up. Keep going. I haven't sacrificed these past 7 months just to give up at the end.
    Are you going to start maintaining at 230? Or is it possible to keep going? I guess that all depends on what the body scan shows.
    Good luck!
    - Your PastMe"

I think that's a pretty cool idea, I recommend it to everyone. Send your future self a letter. Let him or her know that you're "in this together".
  • Akariixo
    Akariixo Posts: 57 Member
    Date: July 10th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    20mins exercise: Yes

I had a great exercise day today with 47 minutes and 6700+ steps today. A new personal best. I hope my feet don't hurt tomorrow lol.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Hello all,
    I was just released from the hospital. I've had a hiatal hernia for some 35 years, and finally had it repaired this past Thursday. I had it repaired because lately I started having a serious side effect from it. The side effect put me in the hospital three times in the last 3 months. Ironically, it's quite likely that my weight loss, coupled with the hiatal hernia, is what allowed the side effect to begin happening. That should be in the past now that the hernia has been repaired.
    Some of you may know that last July 10th, I started on a journey to lose 100 pounds in a year. Today is the end of that year. Although I didn't quite make it, primarily due to the medical issue, I did pretty well. And I intend to keep going. I had scheduled a DEXA body scan for yesterday, but cancelled it. The idea was, see what my body fat percentage was at the end of that year.
    There's a website, futureme.org, that let's you write letters to your future self and specify a delivery date. I had forgotten, but I was inspired to do just that last January. Today, I was surprised to get this email from myself--written on January 22nd. Here it is:
    "Dear FutureMe,
    What a struggle this has been. I am currently heavily tempted to enjoy some sweets. I hope you have reached our goal. If so, please have a dessert for me (but only if it's within our calorie limit).
    If you haven't reached 230 pounds yet, don't give up. Keep going. I haven't sacrificed these past 7 months just to give up at the end.
    Are you going to start maintaining at 230? Or is it possible to keep going? I guess that all depends on what the body scan shows.
    Good luck!
    - Your PastMe"

I think that's a pretty cool idea, I recommend it to everyone. Send your future self a letter. Let him or her know that you're "in this together".

First of all, thank you so much for the update. I have been thinking about you! You are really an inspiration. I am so happy you are on the up and up; I am also writing myself a letter right now...I need that! Thanks, Frank. I am always so glad WE are in this together!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Date: July 10th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    20mins exercise: Yes

I had a great exercise day today with 47 minutes and 6700+ steps today. A new personal best. I hope my feet don't hurt tomorrow lol.

That's awesome! WOW!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Colleen790 wrote: »
    Colleen790
    July week 2
    PW 165.7
    CW 164.9

You are kicking BUTT!!!!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    It's SUNDAY! New week!
    Do you have a goal this week? Mine is to only eat my pre-planned snacks. This is ALWAYS a struggle for me in summer, since I am off work (teacher). I am cutting back on calories for the next 12 days, until I leave for a 10 day trip...hoping to shave a couple pounds off before then.
    My diary is open, please hold me accountable!!!
    Weigh in's from:
    @Jodee2021
    @nekishaearly637
    @pumpitusa
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Previous weight 188
    Current weight 189
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    Hope all is well. Feeling a bit frustrated.
    At 55 what has worked in the past is not working now. I have been watching Jason Fung regarding Intermittent Fasting. What are you doing to succeed?
    I was 140lbs 15 years ago before I had twins.
This discussion has been closed.