Options

Replies

• CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Monday, July 13 check-in
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: 16.48 miles on the stationary bike (75 minutes). I can't wait until my bike is fixed and out of the shop, but in fairness, while I don't feel like gym-work mentally refreshes me, it's still a physical workout (and in a/c, which was a bit of a reprieve from this nasty heat and humidity we've had this summer). The bonus is that they were playing the movie "The Greatest Showman," which was a surprisingly good motivator in terms of pacing for my workout.
    Water: A LOT. 128+ oz. Like I said, REALLY HOT.

@DaffyGirl88 Yesssssssss, join us (she says in her best mind-controlled zombie voice). :lol:

USPS says delivery on Friday. :smiley:

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    @CycleMomOf3 I agree about the A/C. I use my spin bike with the Peloton app in the morning but did a 10 mile ride yesterday afternoon (94 w/ heat index of 103). :o I'll be heading out again later today because I (stupidly?) pledged to ride 50+ miles this week for another challenge. LOTS of water. I didn't even keep track yesterday, I just knew it was at least 5 bottles so that's what I put down.

YAY Friday!!
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hi everyone! Sorry for not weighing last week, I couldn't figure out where to go! This is my first time with this monthly challenge, looking forward to working with you all :). My weigh in day is Thursday, do I post my update here?
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited July 2021
    Options
    rpkg62 wrote: »
    Wow! Hi everyone! Sorry for not weighing last week, I couldn't figure out where to go! This is my first time with this monthly challenge, looking forward to working with you all :). My weigh in day is Thursday, do I post my update here?

@rpkg62 You sure do!! And welcome to the team. 🙋‍♀️
  • CycleMomOf3
    Options
    @rpkg62 Yes, welcome to the team! This is my first time with this monthly challenge too! Power to the newbies! :lol:
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey Garmin peeps - I need some help! I have unpacked my road bike after 5 years, and remembered I have a Garmin Fenix2 to use with it, with all the bike mount and cadence pieces. I haven't Garmin'ed in forever. Is this device even worth keeping? (I use a Fitbit Charge 2 right now, I obviously don't need to have the latest and greatest)

AND if I do use it, what is this Garmin club you all are in?

LOVE YOU FOLKS for inspiring me every day!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hey Garmin peeps - I need some help! I have unpacked my road bike after 5 years, and remembered I have a Garmin Fenix2 to use with it, with all the bike mount and cadence pieces. I haven't Garmin'ed in forever. Is this device even worth keeping? (I use a Fitbit Charge 2 right now, I obviously don't need to have the latest and greatest)

Anna are you not using Fitbit? I just started a hiking challenge and would love to invite you!
  • CycleMomOf3
    Options
    @annabananamc Yay for unpacking your road bike! They're more fun if you ride 'em, right? :heart: We'll have to do a "show me a photo of your sweet ride" sub-thread! :smiley: One of my favorite things, outside of riding, is taking pictures of my bike leaning against $***. :lol::love:

As for the Fenix2, I'm not sure whether they're still supporting the Fenix2. I used to use a CatEye when I used to do endurance gravel rides. I've wanted a Garmin for a decade, so I'm super excited. Garmin Connect is the app that links up to the Garmin devices. Hoping yours is still supported!

Wheels up, yo! :wink:
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Tuesday July 13, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 85 oz
    Steps = 6,905
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @annabananamc I only know my Garmin vivo 3.
    But if you can get on "Garmin connect" app like cyclemomof3 suggested, I'll be sure to add you.

@DaffyGirl88 ..yes, when your Fitbit quits, join the dark side ;)

Username Gamommy2
    Tracked no
    Under no
    Exercise yes
    Steps 10123
    Water 9 cups

• prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Please can you roll my weight over this week. I'll weigh in again next Wednesday.

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,690 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot to weigh in.
    I did weigh myself last Wednesday. And will do so again in the morning.

How does that work for the team? Still new and trying to remember to do this stuff. Staying under calories, and remembering to do my NuStep half an hour to an hour daily.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,690 Member
    Options
    Oh. And since we’re connecting our smart devices…. Anyone up for some Apple Fitness challenges?
    I’m the only one in my IRL circle with an Apple Watch. Would LOVE to find someone to challenge sometimes.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday 13 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes, only 7 miles today 🚴‍♀️

Steps: 12,517
    Water: 100 oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

Anna are you not using Fitbit? I just started a hiking challenge and would love to invite you!

What is this hiking challenge of which you speak? 🤨
  • CycleMomOf3
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Tuesday, July 13 check-in
    Tracked: Yes
    Under: JUST barely. Stress eating.
    Exercise: Just a short walk around the neighborhood with the kids.
    Water: Only about 64oz.

This morning (Wednesday), I fought against my sleepy nature and got up at 6AM to go to the gym. I did 14.26 miles (65 minutes) on the stationary, so not quite as intense as Monday. Came home to 3 little faces waiting at the door (husband was still asleep), scolding me for leaving without telling them (in my defense, they were sleeping!) and asking for breakfast. :wink:

The bad thing about the gym that early is that they're not playing movies, only news, and the news is SO DEPRESSING. The good thing is that I'm awake and ready to take on the day.

Hoping your days go well!!
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Oops...Forgot to post but definitely weighed in on Monday:

JulySW: 145
    PW: 143.5
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Week 2
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 13670Cals
    Wk2 Result: 145.5lbs = 1.5lbs gain⬆️/1.39%

I may have been strong during the 4th of July but my step mom is a baker and sent my husband home with homemade banana nut bread! This is the result of last weeks splurge because I had like a slice at night for 3 nights in a row! Her banana nut bread is my Kryptonite!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »

What is this hiking challenge of which you speak? 🤨

I guess I didn’t make it official..nooow it’s sent!
    👏🏻 On!!

My husband’s in it too! (Yay! Time for a thoroughly detail cleaned house!🤣😂
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 and any of your Garmin people - I'd love to check out any groups or challenges you do. I have a Fitbit AND the Garmin now, trying to figure out which I like better. Let me know where/how to find you!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 and any of your Garmin people - I'd love to check out any groups or challenges you do. I have a Fitbit AND the Garmin now, trying to figure out which I like better. Let me know where/how to find you!

@annabananamc Here's a link to my profile, I'm Susan B there. Send me a friend request!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2YHBB4
This discussion has been closed.