TEAM: Gutbusters (July)

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited July 2021
    Jodee2021 wrote: »
    Hope all is well. Feeling a bit frustrated.
    At 55 what has worked in the past is not working now. I have been watching Jason Fung regarding Intermittent Fasting. What are you doing to succeed?
    I was 140lbs 15 years ago before I had twins.

I hear you...I am noticing this starting to happen right now at almost 42. It used to be a breeze for me to maintain 140. Now, nope...

Here is what generally works for me (I just have to DO IT)

under 1600 calories, strict adherence to planned foods (no bites!) I can stray from this/indulge a bit once a week. But not too much and any more than that-boom-gain.
    Very little drinking--maybe 2 glasses of wine a week.
    Weight training.
    Big salads for lunch.
    Not eating after 6 and not before 8 AM.
    Why didn't I appreciate my metabolism before??!!! :'(
  • Jodee2021
    Jodee2021 Posts: 60 Member
    I do not like fast food. I eat healthy foods most of the time.
    Trying to exercise more.
    I work 40 hours sitting at a computer so that does not help.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    At 55 what has worked in the past is not working now. I have been watching Jason Fung regarding Intermittent Fasting. What are you doing to succeed?

At the moment low Carbs is the only thing working for me. Most days I keep carbs below 40. It actually reduces my appetite!
  • Akariixo
    Akariixo Posts: 57 Member

I am doing intermittent fasting 16:8, my eating window is between 4pm-12am because I like to binge eat at night time. I don't find I really get hungry through the day. Until around 8 pm when I like to try to convince myself it's time to order in.

I calculated my TDEE, put it through MFP and I am eating 1640 calories a day. I decided I wanted to do a high carb low fat diet so this is where I'm starting out. I am also vegan so since beginning to lose weight, I've been eating mainly wfpb, (whole food plant based.)

I can eat the same thing everyday so right now starting at 4pm-5pm I am doing 3/4cup quick oats, flaxseed, chia seed (hydrate them first,) pure maple syrup and ground cinnamon for my first meal.

Second meal around 9-10 I have a "burrito bowl," to convince myself I'm eating takeout without the bread lol. So, I right now it's black beans, pot barley, 2 cups frozen vegetables, 1 bell pepper, then I spice it up so lately its been cumin, nutritional yeast, sweet chili thai dipping sauce. The past few days I have been bad and have put daiya cheeze and just egg plant patty but, it's still within my calories so #worthit in my mind lol.

Then I have what I think is dessert until 11:30-12am which is 1 cup frozen fruit + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder & water, blended up into a smoothie. (I eat at a snails pace.)

My boyfriend lost 80lbs doing IF, I've also met some mom's who have great success through IF. There is some great groups on Facebook for additional support or learning more as well.

I am not 55 but, hopefully this is can help or start you in the right direction. You can do it! :)
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 451 Member
    Sweetcorn season just began.
    FOR THE FIRST TIME in my life- I limited myself to ONE ear- YES with butter! I usually have 2-3.
    When I was younger 6-12 was no problem, except eventually -ya know.

Today was absolutely perfect!
    Breakfast
    Farmers market
    Housework
    Lunch was a wonderful spring roll from my favorite vendor at the farmers market.
    Bike ride (35 minutes) for a long visit with a beloved Aunt.
    Delicious healthy supper - we are loving our smoker!
    Perfect weather
    Plus there’s lots of calories in my budget for some cantaloupe that appears to be perfectly ripe.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Sunday check in:
    Calories tracked and under!
    Exercise yep!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    Sweetcorn season just began.
    FOR THE FIRST TIME in my life- I limited myself to ONE ear- YES with butter! I usually have 2-3.
    When I was younger 6-12 was no problem, except eventually -ya know.

Today was absolutely perfect!
    Breakfast
    Farmers market
    Housework
    Lunch was a wonderful spring roll from my favorite vendor at the farmers market.
    Bike ride (35 minutes) for a long visit with a beloved Aunt.
    Delicious healthy supper - we are loving our smoker!
    Perfect weather
    Plus there’s lots of calories in my budget for some cantaloupe that appears to be perfectly ripe.

Sounds like a PERFECT DAY!!!
  • Akariixo
    Date: July 11th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    20mins exercise: Yes

15 minute walk, a short trip to walmart and a 20 minute yoga/roll around on the floor session because my back injury I'm recovering from did not like my walk from yesterday.

Great job everyone on completing week 1! On to week 2 :)
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,866 Member
    Late check-in for Sunday!
    Tracking - nope
    Under calories - I actually think so, but didn't track
    20 min exercise - yes

So, week 1 of July was definitely hit and miss for me. I'm aiming for better consistency in week 2.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Happy Monday!
    Lots of news below...
    First, if you would like to join us for daily check in's/accountability, please do!! Check in with whatever YOUR goal is...calories, exercise, tracking, something else entirely!
    Next week 1 results: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838181/week-1-july-results#latest
    Gutbusters was the #2 overall team with TBL OVERALL this week....@AngelxAnnih. - 2.40%!!

Monday weigh in's from:
    @Bethebestmeforme
    @DebJB30
    I have not yet heard from you this month; one more week without a weigh in does mean you will be dropped, FYI! Please check in with us!

@Kenyaa3
    @NationalCapital

• NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Happy Monday!
    Lots of news below...
    First, if you would like to join us for daily check in's/accountability, please do!! Check in with whatever YOUR goal is...calories, exercise, tracking, something else entirely!
    Next week 1 results: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10838181/week-1-july-results#latest
    Gutbusters was the #2 overall team with TBL OVERALL this week....@AngelxAnnih. - 2.40%!!

Monday weigh in's from:
    @Bethebestmeforme
    @DebJB30
    I have not yet heard from you this month; one more week without a weigh in does mean you will be dropped, FYI! Please check in with us!

@Kenyaa3
    @NationalCapital

Good morning. I weighed in last week. Did you get my result? Thanks.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Happy Monday!
    Lots of news below...

Monday weigh in's from:
    @Bethebestmeforme
    @DebJB30

@Kenyaa3
    @NationalCapital

Good morning. I weighed in last week. Did you get my result? Thanks.

Yes, I was talking to the 2 people above the italicized quote, not the two below.
  • Calli1616
    Yay Gutbusters! We did great in week 1! And big congrats @AngelxAnnih - fantastic first week!

I’m aiming to eat within my daily calories today, 5 servings of fruit/veg and meet my protein goal. I got up early and did my morning run and then weights. Today is going well so far, just have to not crumble this afternoon!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Monday check in!
    Calories: tracked and 3 over 1600!
    Exercise: it was technically a rest day for me, but I still got 12k steps...
  • Akariixo
    Thanks very much everyone <3

Date: July 12th
    Under Calories: No
    20mins exercise: No

Today's not been a good one, on to tomorrow!
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Sorry for the late response. I am out of town. Hopefully I am forgiven. Stay safe.

Gutbusters
    Pumpitusa
    Aug SW 345.2
    Sept 339.4
    Oct 329.4
    Nov 327.6
    Dec 328.2
    Jan 319.0
    Feb 319.6
    Mar 318.0
    april 320.2
    may 323.2
    June 323.2
    7/4/21 321.8
    7/13/21 322.4
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Good morning:

PW: 163
    CW: 165

Have a great week everyone. Cheers.
  • Akariixo
    Date: July 13th
    Under Calories: No - bought a different bag of frozen vegetables and went over haha.
    20mins exercise: No - Back injury is upset at me for last week. Maybe by Friday I will get 20 min in.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Check in July 13 (little late, sorry!)
    Exercise: Yep, legs and 13k steps
    Calories Little over my goal, but still in a good defecit
  • Calli1616
    Checking in! Yesterday was a bust - work was a bit stressful and I couldn’t get out to take my planned walk. Did OK on calories though.

Today is so far going well, but still need to exercise!
This discussion has been closed.