alligatorob wrote: »
Yes, yes, and yes. A good day.
Loosing 200 lbs has too many NSVs to list, going from size 60 pants to size 33 has been amazing.
WhatMeRunning wrote: »
@TwistedSassette @Jana_2020 @clutterqueen @mshawski @biketheworld thank you for your PF insights! I am taking note of all of them.
I am taking this extremely seriously since first figuring out what it was yesterday, and taking measures already. I will almost certainly see a doctor about it, with the only reason I didn't today was due to how mild it is and even how it seemed better today. But I am familiar with ligament and tendon issues from some past bad tennis elbow and a mild achilles issue (probably related) and know they don't clear up quickly and have a tendency to come back.
I have good shoes fit to me with correct support in the form of my running shoes. I have never spared expense for my feet (or legs) be it shoes, socks, various rollers, balls, etc. The first things I did was:
1. Start wearing a retired pair of cushy running shoes (Brooks Glycerin) around the house. I suppose being primarily homebound since Covid and wearing only socks in a house with hardwood floors and my office in the basement with a concrete floor was not ideal for so long. I have already noticed a relief when standing after sitting for a long period while in shoes.
2. Started taking ibuprofen to address inflammation of the injured tissue.
3. Did not run this morning.
4. After feeling less discomfort in my first few steps upon waking, along with feeling no pain during the day I took an hour long walk which was also pain free.
5. I have rolled my foot on a golf ball.
6. I have otherwise rested my foot as much as possible today.
I have received great tips from others as well and am looking into some Strassburg socks in addition to the other suggestions listed here.
Please feel free to keep any tips/advice coming. The last thing I want is to not know of things that can help.
You all are great!
seilidhe wrote: »
Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? I think so. Barely.
I wrote a big long, boohoo here and deleted it. You don't need to read that *kitten*. And I don't need to dwell on it. I just need to follow the immortal words of Tim Allen, as Jason Nesmith playing Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart: "Never give up, never surrender." (And yes, I had to look up the character names... all I could remember was it was Tim Allen in "Galaxy Quest.")
LazyBlondeChef wrote: »
My NSV is that I put on a skirt and top today that now fit and the top was an XS that I thought I would never fit into. I've never worn either of them before. When I bought them they were too tight and being the procrastinator that I am I never got around to returning them because online returns are such a hassle.
© 2021 MyFitnessPal, Inc.