@murdog3t (6)

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 "yes" days

@annabananamc (4)
    @MargaretYakoda (4)

Attempted

@HASWLRS (3)
    @gamommy2 (2)
    @Krysless2 (1)

We had four Winners for the first week of July, and that included the American 4th of July holiday, so no small feat!! Congratulations to Mary, Traci, Sue and Tami for a really strong start to the month!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    rollover weigh-in: 182.0
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 2
    PW: 173.0
    CW: 174.8

Sigh, had a bad weekend of eating and then Monday my company had a lay off that included my brother and also my work BFF so the bad food and alcohol decisions continued through the week. Here's to a better decisions starting today. Happy Friday y'all <3

@mooreshelly09 *hugs* I am sorry to hear about your friend and brother's layoffs. I hope you have managed to find some positivity through the start of the weekend!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Thursday, July 15 daily check-in:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes (a few laps at the township pool while the kids were swimming)
    Water: 80oz.

My Garmin finally arrived yesterday evening, so I'm excited to play with that this weekend. :smiley:

@CycleMomOf3 I'm super excited for you receiving your new Garmin, and that I can see you in our little challenge, now! :) I'm sure you will explore many of the cool features this weekend!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited July 2021
    Options
    This week my class kicked my booty. I was so mentally exhausted with the long days that Tuesday and Wednesday NOTHING happened except a lot of laying around before and after class. Yesterday was a better day. I ran/walked in the AM with my Garmin (yay me) and then after work went and joined the YMCA!!!! I realized that I am not going to be able to workout in the morning every day, and most afternoons June-September we have rain after work. So now I have a built in plan B, and a way to workout when I travel, and NO EXCUSES for not having something to do to help me be healthier.

I am also curious/exploring how to NOT have my self-esteem/self-worth wrapped up around the number on the scale or the days I don't make my MUAC goals. I need to be gentler on myself because the stress can send me spiraling.

Weigh in today: 165.8 no change
    MUAC yesterday - on point

Today - almost the weekend! Picking up my new cruiser bike and already scheduled a ride with my hubby on Sunday.

@annabananamc I am so happy that you turned a stressful week around! I hope that getting the YMCA membership will help you reinforce that plan B. Is the YMCA a transferable membership, where you can check in to other clubs under the same membership? I have been considering a YMCA membership at a discounted rate through my group. I definitely encourage being gentler on yourself! I often become too strict/harsh when I don't achieve my goals(and that has been happening a lot lately), but it is something that I definitely don't recommend. Stay positive, enjoy your new gym membership, and you CAN do this! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    annabananamc I feel this. I'm a bit obsessive about exercise, and with little kids and no family, I can't get out as often as I'd like. I am seriously nasty to myself when I can't get out daily, pacing and testy (with myself) like a caged animal.

I'm trying to forgive myself for my missed days (I move a lot and do a lot with the kids, but if it doesn't bring my HR to 145, I often dismiss it as frivolous and worthless, both of which are not true.) I also need to be more flexible and kind and forgiving of myself as I navigate these challenging summer months.

As an example, I set my alarm to get up and go to the gym at 5am this week to say "Hey Fatty, get your *kitten* up and go to the gym." I mean, I'd be appalled if I heard that any of my friends or children or teammates had done that, but here I am, being so unkind to myself while I teach unconditional kindness to my people. I mean, I coach a group for Girls on the Run, for goodness sake!!

Let's work on that self-love, woman!! :heart:

DaffyGirl88 Niiiiiiice ride!!!!!! :smiley:

@CycleMomOf3 sorry to tag you in a second post, but definitely do not be so hard on yourself! You are doing a great job with the exercise you are getting in, but weight loss 100% is completed by a calorie deficit, exercise only makes that deficit bigger, or allows you to consume a few extra calories when you need it. Don't talk negatively to yourself, and treat yourself how you want others to treat you or how you treat them! You can do this!

Any exercise that gets you moving is a step in the right direction, even if it doesn't get your heart rate up. For example, strength training is just as important as cardio is, and it doesn't often raise your heart rate that high! Even if you don't get out for some cardio, do some intermittent push-ups, sit ups, planks, etc. spread throughout the day, and your body will thank you for that, too! Even if you fit these things in while doing different tasks- squats while brushing your teeth, a wall sit while waiting for a pot of water to boil, some push-ups or sit ups when you happen to watch TV and need a moving break, calf raises while waiting in line at the store, etc. Even if you walk around your house for ten minutes at an easy pace is better than not doing anything at all! :)

• cmhubbard92
    Options
    Trying to stay positive this weekend... CycleMomOf3 I hear you loud and clear - we are definitely similar in this regard.

Picked up my new cruiser bike and hubby and I went for a short spin. Of course, I didn't test ride at the shop and the bottom bracket is creaky, so will need to take it back next week. Other than that, it is a sweet ride, and I can't wait for my road bike to be back from the shop, too. Cycling is starting to sound fun again, especially with my husband!

I'm volunteering with our local bird rescue and I have my first transport this morning (red tide toxicity) so I may not get to exercise before we head to an afternoon wedding. But I'm going to be ok with that!

@annabananamc I am just catching up with posts, so I am sorry for a second post but your local bird rescue volunteer work sounds exciting! I don't know much about birds, other than they fly, are pretty, and are admired from inside the house by my kitten. I hope your first transport was a success, and you thoroughly enjoyed the wedding today!

Your cruiser bike sounds exciting! :) I have two bikes (a hybrid and a mountain bike) that I need to tinker around with a little bit to get them on the road. I love that you and hubby have something you can enjoy together! That is really important and exciting(other than having to get the new bike and the road bike fixed!) Have a great weekend!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda @maryc11 @DaffyGirl88 @CycleMomOf3 fabulous work for great losses this week! Keep up the great work! :smiley:
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Saturday July 17, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 2,500
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Username Gamommy2
    7/17
    Tracked yes
    Under yes
    Steps 10743
    Exercise no
    Water dnt
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,622 Member
    Options
    Saturday 17 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 13,000 - couldn't do that again if I tried LOL
    Water:76 oz
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Great work! I love it when I get an even number(or all zeros at the end!) Getting a perfect thousands number is exciting when it happens! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I have majorly slacked on promoting the step/water challenge this month, but I am posting what (little) results we do have! I do have my numbers from my Garmin, but didn't enter them on the spreadsheet because I didn't actively participate in the challenge the first two weeks.

July Week 1 - Step & Water Challenge Results

Total Steps & Percentage of Goal Completed:
    1. @DaffyGirl88 101,145 - 149.49% (OUTSTANDING stepping! Did your feet hurt :lol: )
    2. @HASWLRS 49,556 - 70.79% (Remarkable for only 3 days worth of stats! Great work!)
    3. @annabananamc 35,070 - 100.20%
    4. @maryc11 25,584 - 73.10% (Great work! So close to your goal!)

Total Water:
    1. @DaffyGirl88 140.18%
    2. @annabananamc 125.00%
    4. @maryc11 99.33%
    5. @HASWLRS 66.07%

July Week 2 - Step & Water Challenge Results
    *I know that @annabananamc have not had the chance to enter Saturday's numbers, I will update this if there is a significant difference! :)
    Total Steps & Percentage of Goal Completed:
    1. @DaffyGirl88 94,328 - 135.75%
    2. @maryc11 30,240 - 86.40%
    3. @annabananamc 19,976 - 57.07%

Total Water:
    1. @DaffyGirl88 141.96%
    2. @maryc11 114.06%
    3. @annabananamc 107.14%
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @HASWLRS and @cmhubbard92: Thanks for the encouragment! Each day is an adventure and a journey, right?

Very grateful to be involved with such an awesome team! :smile:

Saturday, July 17 daily check-in:
    Tracked: yeppers
    Under: yup
    Exercise: Yes. I went out this morning for a lovely and much-needed 2 hours of solitude kayaking upstream and back downstream on the Lehigh River. Nooooice indeed. I've mostly been doing a lot of cycling and hiking, so this arm workout was a nice reminder to focus on the top of my body too. My arms and shoulders are sore this morning, but if I'm to be completely honest, I LOVE that feeling. It means I was working something I've been neglecting. :wink:

ToM approaches, so trying to replace some snacky cravings with focused exercise. Feeling icky and bloated, so trying to remind myself to stay the course through the next 4 days and the water weight will fade away quickly. Blerg. My trick has always been to just stay super active so I'm just not able to idly nibble.

My spousal unit picked up my bike yesterday, and he surprised me with a new set of gravel tires. I have a Cannondale mountain bike that I LOVE, and I used to keep slicks on it because the bulk of my riding was endurance road biking. But I've had my regular treads on it this past year because I've switched from road cycling to gravel riding mostly. There's just too much distraction on the roads and wanton aggression in our world these days, so I try to avoid it. I don't want to leave my kids without their mama. :heart: There was a group of road bikers I know, very experienced, and an SUV actually targeted them, ran them off a non-busy and very wide road, knocked off his own rearview mirror and sent 2 of the bikers to the ER with severe road rash. Then sped away. They're still looking for the guy. So anyway, I digress. I tend to stay on gravel these days and I've been lamenting my lack of a gravel bike, so he got me gravel tires for my Cannondale. I DO have a beach cruiser style bike too, but it's ungeared, so not really practical in this area, with all the hills and climbs. I'm super excited to hear about all your new gear, everyone, from new fitness trackers to new rides! Yay! And bird-rescue adventures to boot! Now THAT is awesome.

I'm going to take my bike out for a spin this afternoon at some point, just for a short ride since Sundays are designated "family days." :heart:

Have a good week, y'all. Stay the course and hang tough. Do it as an act of self-love, and be as forgiving of yourself as you are of others. :heart: And have fun!!! :smiley:
  • maryc11
    Options
    Good morning all!

This morning I broke through that weight barrier! I have been toeing that line for soooo long I believe I was self-sabotaging. Not my weigh-in day so I won't share because I am hoping beyond hope it was not a one day number flashing in front of my eyes. I know we all have that magic number we hope to see on our scales and I saw mine today! YAY for me!

Kudos to all who reached their goal weight(s) before me and if I can do this, all of you following me can too!

I love MFP! And cheers to TBBT! Go TEAM!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/15
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5977
    Water: 128

Just for today : 07/16, keto day 1, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 20hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises

Yesterday: 07/15, keto day 4👎🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 20hr IF 👎🏻, read bible plan 👎🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👎🏻walk 30 min👎🏻sleep 8 hr👎🏻, PT exercises 👎🏻
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Date: 07/16
    Steps : 6234

Just for today : 07/17, keto day 2, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises

Yesterday: 07/16, keto day 1👍🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 20hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👍🏻walk 30 min👍🏻sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises 👍🏻
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Date: 07/17
    Steps : 4673

Just for today : 07/18, keto day 3, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises

Yesterday: 07/17, keto day 2,👍🏻 6000steps🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 18hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👍🏻, walk 30 min👎🏻, sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises 👍🏻

Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 157.8
    Todays Weight: 158
  • maryc11
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday July 18, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes