Under: yes
    Exercise: no, much needed rest day

Steps: 10,853
    Water: 80 oz
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    OMG yesterday I had my BEST exercise day but ended up with only 643 steps - lol. I did a hard power yoga class, then we rode our new cruiser bikes 9 or so miles in the afternoon.

Today, back to the regularly scheduled work week.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team!

And for me, Monday mornings are almost always good as I usually have had a good Sunday, seeing as it is the only full day my husband has off work. (This time of year they only work a part day on Saturdays). I am going to try to extend this feeling beyond today for this week and see what happens. I was reading and catching up on posts, and the topic of "self-love" came up. I am sooo hard on myself; not for the way I look, specifically, but for my actions. As I am scarfing down chips, or ice cream, or whatever, and not even enjoying it.....well, let's just say that the only person on Earth that I tell to eff-off daily is me!!

I also realize that I have this amazing tool in front of me....this group of supportive and knowledgeable people known as The Big Butt Theory! Why am I not tapping into it? Why am I not trying to get everything I can out of it? Questions to ponder, for sure.

Sunday, July 18th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 44 minute walk with my husband

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 14,522
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    OMG yesterday I had my BEST exercise day but ended up with only 643 steps - lol. I did a hard power yoga class, then we road our new cruiser bikes 9 or so miles in the afternoon.

Today, back to the regularly scheduled work week.

@annabananamc, okay, so yesterday was a day to throw out the Garmin because nothing should have tried to undermine your great day of activity, that just wasn't step based!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Good morning all!

This morning I broke through that weight barrier! I have been toeing that line for soooo long I believe I was self-sabotaging. Not my weigh-in day so I won't share because I am hoping beyond hope it was not a one day number flashing in front of my eyes. I know we all have that magic number we hope to see on our scales and I saw mine today! YAY for me!

Kudos to all who reached their goal weight(s) before me and if I can do this, all of you following me can too!

I love MFP! And cheers to TBBT! Go TEAM!

@maryc11 Congratulations on seeing that magic number!! You have been working so hard....you deserve this!! I will cross my fingers that, come Saturday, you will be able to carve that number in stone!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 07/18
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4616
    Water: 128

Just for today : 07/19, keto day 4, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises, BBD8

Yesterday: 07/18, keto day 3👍🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 18hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👎🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👍🏻, walk 30 min👎🏻, sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises 👍🏻
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,934 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    JulySW: 145
    Wk1: 143.5
    Wk2 145.5
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 13385Cals
    Wk3 Result: 142.5lbs = 3lbs gain⬇️/2.06%

I am liking the “enabling Calorie goal adjustment” feature on MFP! Especially since I finally broke that aggravating brick wall of a plateau!

Sun, July 18th
    Week 3 - Day 1
    Net Calories: 2753
    MUAC:
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise for 20mins: Yes
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays) 
    Steps: 9917 Steps
    Water: 105oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Krysless2 wrote: »
    JulySW: 145
    Wk1: 143.5
    Wk2 145.5
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Mon-Sun Total Cals: 13385Cals
    Wk3 Result: 142.5lbs = 3lbs gain⬇️/2.06%

I am liking the “enabling Calorie goal adjustment” feature on MFP! Especially since I finally broke that aggravating brick wall of a plateau!

Sun, July 18th
    Week 3 - Day 1
    Net Calories: 2753
    MUAC:
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays) 
    Steps: 9917 Steps
    Water: 105oz

@Krysless2 Did you remember where it was? I poked around a bit but couldn't find it.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @Krysless2 I think I may have found it, but it has a little lock, are you premium by chance? And what's the difference between that and adding back in exercise calories? 🤷‍♀️
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Krysless2 I think I may have found it, but it has a little lock, are you premium by chance? And what's the difference between that and adding back in exercise calories? 🤷‍♀️

You’re right! I do have premium..

When I turned on the function, it gave me a new daily goal to stick to, and that’s based on me being an “active” person. I try to stick to my predetermined goal but if I’m being a couch potato and not too active that day, MFP lowers that goal. It’s constantly adjusting throughout the day so its been keeping me guessing and ultimately making me want to eat less and move more. They highly recommend it if you are constantly refreshing your activity on MFP, i definitely recommend it as well, after toying with it all week. It makes sense to me. Our bodies are not that structured, so why should our food intake/outtake be on a set limit?
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 @Krysless2 instead of using premium, you can enable negative calories, which will reduce your calorie goal if you don't have a very active day. And what's even better: it's free :)

I had contemplated getting premium for the sole purpose of tracking net carbs... With user entered food entries, there are so many errors in nutrition info, and premium uses the same entries. I don't see net carbs being accurate when they utilize that same inaccurate information to calculate net carbs. I'm all for supporting MFP because it has been very helpful in my journey, but I wish they could develop a better database for logging(maybe use the Facebook fact checker :lol: )
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Monday July 19, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 6,225
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Monday, July 19 check-in:

Tracked: Yes and under
    Exercised: Yes, 14.62 miles on the stationary bike at the gym. Also took the kids to the local fish nursery, where we walked along the extensive trails and fed the fish.
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    7/19
    Username Gamommy2
    Tracked no
    Under no
    Steps 7244
  • Krysless2
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 @Krysless2 instead of using premium, you can enable negative calories, which will reduce your calorie goal if you don't have a very active day. And what's even better: it's free :)

I had contemplated getting premium for the sole purpose of tracking net carbs... With user entered food entries, there are so many errors in nutrition info, and premium uses the same entries. I don't see net carbs being accurate when they utilize that same inaccurate information to calculate net carbs. I'm all for supporting MFP because it has been very helpful in my journey, but I wish they could develop a better database for logging(maybe use the Facebook fact checker :lol: )

I used to have a job that gave you a rebate for using a healthy living platform of any kind. So it has been paid for in a way. I’m not sure if my new job will give me the same rebate, but I’m fine with paying when the time comes…if only to keep this new-found function! 😊 I’ve just found it to be really helpful. I’ve tried lowering my calorie goal on lazy days before, and it’s really not the same thing because you are just locking yourself into a lower Goal. When you Enable calorie adjustments your goal is constantly moving and I am personally noticing a difference between the two!
    I have been on here every day. And I was a little …stuck.
    This is what I personally needed to change things up in my routine! For anyone who refreshes their MFP diary frequently and especially if you’re facing a plateau. I highly recommend😊 @DaffyGirl88 give it a week to see what I mean!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @Krysless2 So after a little digging, I realized that you and I are talking about the same feature. At some point, MFP has decided to make it a premium feature. I had selected to "enable negative exercise calories" when it was a free feature, and it is still active for me because I had previously selected it-it's marked as "on" in my account. Unfortunately, anybody that wasn't using this feature before will have to pay for this. Mine updates regularly, as yours does, so I don't have any added benefit of upgrading to premium.

I wasn't talking about lowering your calorie goal in general, but having MFP account for your lack of activity on some days. But, for some people, though, changing their activity level from "active" to "sedentary" can give them a better goal to aim for on non-active days, and really see a jump in earned exercise calories on active days. I haven't been 100% focused lately due to a bunch of life-things happening, but when I am on track, I completely benefit from this.

My job does not offer discount for using apps like MFP, but they do give us $25 memberships to the YMCA, SNAP fitness, and others (which covers the cost of key cards and most annual fees), as well as a big selection of fitness apps/weight loss programs that are a bit more structured than MFP. We also (normally) have a big health challenge during the summer, but this is the second year they have skipped it due to covid. Normally, you get a huge book on recipes and weight loss tips(for free), and compete against other districts. Top challengers receive an additional bonus added into our semi-annual bonuses. It's a pretty nice incentive, and I wish they were doing it again this year!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 19 July

Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Steps: 14,586
    Water: 100 oz
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t been as active. I’ve been in such a bad slump. At one point I debated on leaving the challenge because I just felt like I was failing not only myself, but you guys too.
    But last night i decided I wasn’t going to do that because that would give me another reason to not get back into the swing of things. I decided last night that I really need to do this for myself because nothing is going to change if I don’t try.
    I know I didn’t weigh in last week, but I’m definitely weighing in tomorrow!! I’m also gonna start posting everyday for accountability.
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Mon, July 19th
    Week 3 - Day 2
    Net Calories: 2222
    Steps: 5905 Steps
    Water: 81oz
    MUAC:
    I half-assed it but it’s still considered 20 minutes of exercise. Even though I feel just wrong calling it that.
    Sunday - Saturday
    🔴🔴🔘🔘🔘🔘🔘(MUAC🟢YesDays)
    Even though the “enable Calorie adjustment” is pushing my net Calories to 2222 when I only ate 1800, I’m still staying under 50g net carbs and after weighing in this morning and seeing the scale go down (just a smidge of a decimal) it seems like I’m just in maintenance right now but I should definitely cool it with the late night snacking, it’s just a bad habit I need to figure out how to break!
This discussion has been closed.