Options
    When I feel run down I go to bed early.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I feel like I’m only complaining this month. I feel like crap on a cracker today. Not sure if it is due to no cardio the last 2 days or what. I did have a few drinks Saturday, but today is TUESDAY!!!! I only did housework Sunday, I did yoga yesterday, but no cardio. I was on a 12 day streak before Sunday.

I’m thinking about forcing myself to go for a slow walk after I finish my food prep and see if that helps.

What do you do when you feel super run down?

When I'm feeling run down I listen to my body. Rest, hydrate and some self care/love. A nice mosey around the block wont hurt but if you're not feeling it, then don't :) There are better days to bust booty than when you're feeling yucky. A bubble bath, some Gatorade in a wine glass and my fuzzy slippers would be a perfect ending to your kind of day :)

Feel better chica!

I went for a walk with my neighbor. She started cramping up and we had to stop. So I mowed both of our lawns. I’m exhausted but feel great!!!

I think I did just need to move and sweat!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    When I feel run down I go to bed early.

I’m taking this advice, too!!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I feel like I’m only complaining this month. I feel like crap on a cracker today. Not sure if it is due to no cardio the last 2 days or what. I did have a few drinks Saturday, but today is TUESDAY!!!! I only did housework Sunday, I did yoga yesterday, but no cardio. I was on a 12 day streak before Sunday.

I’m thinking about forcing myself to go for a slow walk after I finish my food prep and see if that helps.

What do you do when you feel super run down?

Depending on the situation, the following in some order: a walk or gym trip, a nap, some horizontal fun time with either husband or alone, a self-indulgent Netflix session with some snacks, and a grocery trip for some healthy yet delicious meals for the next couple of days.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 150.4
    CW: 150.4
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    A little team housekeeping

I don't think I mentioned this earlier this month... but Team Captains and Mods use the "INSIGHTFUL" button to note when a weigh in has been logged to the spreadsheet. Please refrain from using this button on weigh ins. Feel free to use in a general post.

Secondly, I have noticed that the "DISAGREE" button has been used a few times lately and on posts where people have posted nice losses. It seems that maybe it has been hit in error, but has kept happening. Be mindful of this button. Even if hit by accident, it can be hurtful to the original poster. Unlike other threads, we do our best to keep controversial topics from the thread, so the need to use this button here is very limited. If you have an issue with a fellow teammate, please address with @imgwendolyn2015 or myself. TY!!

I had wondered why anyone would mark my weight loss as "insightful" so thanks for that explanation!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    chublet25 wrote: »
    A little team housekeeping

I don't think I mentioned this earlier this month... but Team Captains and Mods use the "INSIGHTFUL" button to note when a weigh in has been logged to the spreadsheet. Please refrain from using this button on weigh ins. Feel free to use in a general post.

Secondly, I have noticed that the "DISAGREE" button has been used a few times lately and on posts where people have posted nice losses. It seems that maybe it has been hit in error, but has kept happening. Be mindful of this button. Even if hit by accident, it can be hurtful to the original poster. Unlike other threads, we do our best to keep controversial topics from the thread, so the need to use this button here is very limited. If you have an issue with a fellow teammate, please address with @imgwendolyn2015 or myself. TY!!

I had wondered why anyone would mark my weight loss as "insightful" so thanks for that explanation!

Not sure if you ever watched Lord of the Rings, but I keep telling people that since COVID this quote have become extremely valid:

Isengard has been unleashed

• KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In, I am so sorry I haven't been on for like two weeks. Super busy with stuff. I apologize.

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 236 - please log this as last week's.
    CW: 237.4. I gained due to lack of just not paying attention to cals.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @hipari sorry this is super late to respond to your post about hot weather, lol. I can totally relate about the 26C. To me that is freaking too hot as well. Last week there was one day that was 38C.

If you have no air conditioning like me, the summer is a nightmare at times. Something you can try to keep cool is soak your neck and face in cool water. Keep doing as needed. It feels FABULOUS. It seems funny but it really does help. I literally stick my head under the kitchen tap and turn it on cold. LOL.

I also sometimes fill a large bucket with hose water - cold - and sit in a chair with my legs in the bucket. Lol. I would imagine a kiddie pool would do the trick as well.

We have forest fire smoke up here now and at times it's so gross I wish I could close the windows, but I can't because it's too hot. It's terrible. I just can't wait for Fall to be honest.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Spring and Fall are the best times of the year for me - I can open my windows and leave them open 24/7
    Sorry about not having AC, not sure if I would surprise - talk about being miserable
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 237.8
    CW 240.0

Went camping for 5 nights and ate and drank all the wrong stuff. Will work real hard this week to get back down!!!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am up 6 pounds. I promised myself today that I would take back control. Had a dream last night that I gained back all the weight I have lost and I was trying to take a picture of myself. I was so ashamed. I know, life happens and in reality we shouldn't shame ourselves. I need to give myself a good talking to and build up my motivation again and figure out how to curb the darn stress eating!
    I've got this. I know I can do better and figure this out. So far I have figured out all the other tough stuff in life so this is just my newest challenge.
    Being at home was so much easier. Now that I am in the office full time people keep bringing crap food to share and it is sooooo easy to just eat it. Ugh....ok...I am done complaining about it. Time to make a change.

You can do it! Just keep going. One of my favorite fat loss podcasters always says "weight loss is not a linear process." Our bodies decide when we gain and when we lose fat. All we can do is just make the next best decision, fuel our body well and trust the process. Life transitions - work, family, etc - are always a big challenge for me and my weight loss efforts so I understand what you are going through. Be kind to yourself and make a plan that works for this new season of your life.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    imgwendolyn2015
    weigh in day Friday
    PW 152.2
    CW 154.2

Sorry team!
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    PW: 257
    CW: 257
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 190.0
    CW 192.0

I did not see that coming. Maybe up a little but not two pounds. All I can think is water weight. I know my weight training was hard this week; I’ve been quite sore so I do think that must be some of it.

I’m out of town now for a quick weekend trip to attend a family memorial service so that means all meals away from home. The hotel provides a “grab-and-go” breakfast. When asked what that entails, it’s basically all carbs and sweets. Ugh! Off to see if I can find a nearby place with a suitable breakfast. I need my protein!
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Still doing well maintaining 137.5. Need to refocus in August with exercise. Small goals
This discussion has been closed.