Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Ugh. I know how frustrating that can be with the scale and also with not being able to have a "normal" week. I hope Gael's biopsy results are negative. I know you are not in the US. Here, they recently made it so that medical test results are automatically loaded into the patient portal online so that the patient can see the results as soon as they come in. No more waiting on the doctor to release the results. That is both good and bad though.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy friday eve.

Check in for 7/22:
    Steps - 600. I put the watch on charge and left it there all day. Went thru 3 grocery stores without it. We were trying to find skin on chicken breasts that weren't the size of turkey breasts. All of these dam fast food places making chicken breast sandwiches have taken the small ones.
    Calories - 1600. High after lunch but good dinner and watermelon dessert.
    Exercise - none. Gym or walk this morning.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/21: 16,272
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Fingers crossed that the coffee was the culprit...and that the 'doc is in'.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    That is impressive! Do you think jogging is something you would like to do on a regular basis?

Honestly, probably not. I don't really have any desire to go jogging on a schedule or anything. Sometimes I go a little crazy and just feel like doing it haha. I just like knowing that it's something I can do now if I ever need/want to.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 9002
    Exercise Mowing and 20min Elliptical

Not much went on yesterday. Mowed my grass before my neices showed up in the afternoon. They basically just took naps and then left again lol. Hung out with my kids, and them hopped on the elliptical after they went to bed to get in the rest of my steps. Have used my new foam roller the last couple nights and it's definitely making a difference. My calves aren't cramping and keeping me awake anymore so far.
    Picking my kids up from summer camp now and grocery shopping with mom in a couple hours.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Love that you had watermelon for dessert again:) I'm sure you had lots and lots of steps. It's a bummer when the Fitbit is left on the charger.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have that issue with headaches and fumes as well. Ugh. As for the doctor visit, are you able to do a virtual visit? When my mom's doctors that are an hour away have to do a visit where it is just talking and no physical exam, they agreed to just do it on the computer where they can see and hear each other. I don't know if that is an option for you.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steps

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,434 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    @rwood566
    Love that you had watermelon for dessert again:) I'm sure you had lots and lots of steps. It's a bummer when the Fitbit is left on the charger.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I have that issue with headaches and fumes as well. Ugh. As for the doctor visit, are you able to do a virtual visit? When my mom's doctors that are an hour away have to do a visit where it is just talking and no physical exam, they agreed to just do it on the computer where they can see and hear each other. I don't know if that is an option for you.

He does not do virtual visits ... I wish he did ... it would save me money for gas .... I have dealt with him since 2016 ... 3 lithotripsy 2 of them 7 weeks apart (for kidney stones) .... I drove to his office for my appt. last June only to find out his office was closed and no phone call ...
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Check in for 7/22:
    Steps - 3507. My base of spine is hurting so I won't complete my steps. Walked a bit waiting for daughter but it was getting bad. My worst back problems are right where this one is at. I was hoping my back exercises at the gym would have strengthened it.
    Calories - 1663. Salmon fillet and steamed green beans for dinner. Only thing missing was a good ice tea.
    Exercise - gym but had to cut it short. 10 minutes on the bike but my knee felt like it wanted to blow apart. I was trying to increase my level and pace. Only 5 machines. It seemed people were just standing around me wherever I went.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.8
    CW (Current Weight): 213.2

Argh, several ups and downs this week. One evening I felt like an insatiable black hole, just stuffing myself, feeling sick but unable to stop. Is this binging? I'm not sure what the source is, my total lack of energy and willingness to move, not prepare the meals and thus slipping up more.

I'm really starting to grow more uncomfortable with my body, and I'm not sure if I should work harder on weightloss or start learning more about how to love myself - and maybe find acceptance? But that's not what I want.

It's been a confusing week :/

Steps will come Sunday :)

That sounds like a binge. I know with myself when I binge I feel great in the moment but so disgusted afterwards. I think loving ourselves is important. It is hard to do. You probably know I did therapy for my binge eating disorder. Self acceptance is an important part of the process. Almost 3 years later I am still working on that part. Something I really have had drilled into my head is we need to have compassion for ourselves. It is easier to forgive someone else but it is just important to forgive ourself for a binge or slips.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 can't remember what steps I gave you last so here's the last few days

7/20 2,323
    7/21 1,959
    7/22 7,022
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    Leaving the Fitbit on the charger is frustrating. I always feel like my steps don’t count if I am not wearing my watch. Your eating is on point as usual. Great job! Have you gone to the doctor about your back pain. Could the exercise you have been doing trigger the pain. Right now the tens machine is my best friend. Could this be an option for you? Make sure you check with a doctor or physiotherapist before using one. Hope it’s better today.

@888Angie888
    Look at what you were doing before April. Make a list of those habits and try to incorporate one every week.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I hope the coffee is the culprit.

@Tazaria87
    Another great day!

@Beautyofdreams
    I have the opposite effect with exercise. It makes me so hungry. I understand your frustration especially after losing a loved one to this horrible virus. Hugs!
This discussion has been closed.