Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Week ? (I've lost track 😂)
    PW: 143.0
    CW: 143.0

Happy Friday y'all!

Three. I think. Weigh in week three…. Probably…
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    mooreshelly09
    Week 3
    PW: 174.8
    CW: 173.6

Happy Friday y'all <3
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t been as active. I’ve been in such a bad slump. At one point I debated on leaving the challenge because I just felt like I was failing not only myself, but you guys too.
    But last night i decided I wasn’t going to do that because that would give me another reason to not get back into the swing of things. I decided last night that I really need to do this for myself because nothing is going to change if I don’t try.
    I know I didn’t weigh in last week, but I’m definitely weighing in tomorrow!! I’m also gonna start posting everyday for accountability.

@rawrxamberx Definitely DO NOT leave this group!! You are in no way letting us down. Remember that we're here for you if you need a pick me up. Sometimes I just come here to chat. :)

SECONDED!

I see this as a place of support in a wild and often unsupportive world.
    You’re not perfect. I’m not perfect
    Stick around. Let’s be imperfect together!

Thank you to both of you! I truly appreciate that 😊 you both are inspiring!
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in, 07.23.21:

Previous weight: 206.8
    Current weight: 205.5 :neutral:
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Friday July 23, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 58 oz
    Steps = 1,700
  • gamommy2
    gamommy2 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    7/23
    Username Gamommy2
    Steps 6725

• CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Friday, 07.23.21 daily check-in:

Tracked: yes and under
    Exercised: Yes, took the kids for 2 walks for a cumulative total of 3.84 miles.

Tomorrow: kayaking in the AM.
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Maryc11
    7/17/2021= 200.2
    7/24/2021= 198.1

Yipee!!!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Maryc11
    7/17/2021= 200.2
    7/24/2021= 198.1

Yipee!!!

You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations to you!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    MINI ULTIMATE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE - JULY WEEK #2
    (Sunday the 11th to Saturday the 17th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 "yes" days

@CycleMomOf3 (7)
    @DaffyGirl88 (7)
    @maryc11 (6)

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 "yes" days

@murdog3t (5)
    @MargaretYakoda (4)

Attempted

@annabananamc (2)
    @Krysless2 (2)
    @gamommy2 (1)

Congratulations to our three Winners this week, Traci, Sue and Mary!! They have made it two weeks in a row!! Will they go for three? Stay tuned....
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    But, for some people, though, changing their activity level from "active" to "sedentary" can give them a better goal to aim for on non-active days, and really see a jump in earned exercise calories on active days.

This is what I do (when I am working the program) as I really do have a sedentary lifestyle. Add in that I am a 55 year old, 5'5" female at my current weight, and MFP gives me 1220 daily calories. I cannot survive on that, both physically and mentally!! So I need to get in my steps to be able to eat a reasonable number of calories and still be under my daily limit.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    But, for some people, though, changing their activity level from "active" to "sedentary" can give them a better goal to aim for on non-active days, and really see a jump in earned exercise calories on active days.

This is what I do (when I am working the program) as I really do have a sedentary lifestyle. Add in that I am a 55 year old, 5'5" female at my current weight, and MFP gives me 1220 daily calories. I cannot survive on that, both physically and mentally!! So I need to get in my steps to be able to eat a reasonable number of calories and still be under my daily limit.

@HASWLRS what is the weight loss goal you selected? I'm 5'3, and am allowed almost 1600 calories daily, not including exercise calories. This is for a .5lb loss(26lb/yr). If I were to select 2lb/week, my goal would be 1200, because that's their lowest allowed(but realistically my goal would be 1100-not realistic or sustainable). Choosing .5lb/wk is slow, and loss more hidden, but I'm still on track(I lose more in a month or two, then maintain for a little while, before weight loss comes around again).

Maybe lowering your weekly loss goal (1lb instead of 2, or anything lower than your current) will increase your calorie goal, even as sedentary, and will allow you more room on certain days, even without exercise. It may be easier to stick to your calorie goal as well :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    One more comment/question on the varying calorie allowance. I have synced my Fitbit half a dozen times today and am currently at 11k steps. My diary is only showing 1500 steps and therefore isn't giving me any exercise calories. With that big of a time lag how do know what you can eat? 🤷‍♀️🤨

@DaffyGirl88 Yes, some days are like that and it is frustrating, and it messes with your mind! I know from experience that X number of steps for me, will give me Y number of extra calories, so (when I am working the program) I just mentally factor that in. And it usually fixes itself by morning, so even though I may go to bed with my diary registering an "over", it will magically become an "under" when I wake up!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MargaretYakoda
    Weigh in week: July 18 -24
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 217.3
    Todays Weight: 213.5. Yeah. I had a whoosh. I epect next week will be another plateau. 😏

@MargaretYakoda Aren't whooshes amazing?!! Congratulations on putting in the hard work and staying the course even when things were slow going on the scales, and earning this "whoosh"!!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 - I don't know about @HASWLRS but I am a 5'5" 59 year old and my calorie limit is just 1200 daily. Post-menopause my metabolism slowed to a CRAWL and my muscle mass decreased like crazy for the first time in my life. (estrogen helps you maintain muscle mass so when it's gone, you start to look 'stringy') I always wondered why my mom ate like a bird to stay at her weight, despite daily walks, swims and yoga and now I see. Getting old is not for whimps!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    maryc11 wrote: »
    Maryc11
    7/17/2021= 200.2
    7/24/2021= 198.1

Yipee!!!

@maryc11 Congratulations on reaching Onederland!! I am so happy for you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@HASWLRS what is the weight loss goal you selected? I'm 5'3, and am allowed almost 1600 calories daily, not including exercise calories. This is for a .5lb loss(26lb/yr). If I were to select 2lb/week, my goal would be 1200, because that's their lowest allowed(but realistically my goal would be 1100-not realistic or sustainable). Choosing .5lb/wk is slow, and loss more hidden, but I'm still on track(I lose more in a month or two, then maintain for a little while, before weight loss comes around again).

Maybe lowering your weekly loss goal (1lb instead of 2, or anything lower than your current) will increase your calorie goal, even as sedentary, and will allow you more room on certain days, even without exercise. It may be easier to stick to your calorie goal as well :)

@cmhubbard92 How sweet of you, but you are forgetting that I am old enough to be your mother!! Yes, I have it set to 1 lb a week, and with 40 pounds to lose, that is as slow as I would be willing to go on paper.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
This discussion has been closed.