Pw 185
    Cw185

Holding strong aunt Flo ain't wrecking me this month
  • dew11252
    dew11252 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    PW..281.4
    Cw..281.4

Been going down and back up. Gotta break this cycle.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @jazzadesigns measurements are the best! In the past I’ve found I lose either weight or measurements, but not both on the same week. It’s odd, but helps keep motivation with constant progress that’s always happening somehow. I also find it super motivational to occasionally take the measuring tape to my original measurements and see how big the gap between the tape and my current self is (or how loose the tape is). That really shows how much of a difference even a small loss makes!

That reminds me, I need to take measurements right before going into labor, to have something concrete to compare recovery with. Today I have exactly 3 more months to go before my due date, and I’m so happy to finally start my last trimester!
  • hipari
    Options
    @KittyInBoots17 another trick I learned about is soaking a small towel in cold water and wrapping it on my head, so it keeps me cooler a little longer and I can do something other than just stand by the sink. Maybe that could also work for you?

One of my favorite tricks comes from the most unlikely pregnancy guru ever, my heavy-set old-at-heart eternally single male friend and his hangover cures. He once mentioned keeping a thermal gel pack (the kind used to treat sports injuries) in the fridge and putting that on his forehead when he’s hungover, and that feels amazing. Since it’s still soft when it’s fridge temperature, it kind of molds to my head shape and I can even put it on my pillow and lay down in front of the fan to double cool myself. The friend is also surprisingly helpful in other ways, like giving me tips on where to buy suspenders when I needed something to keep my outdoor pants up when the bump pushed them down.

It’s been cooler this week and I’ve been able to actually do some stuff, so this was probably my favorite week of vacation. Today is my last day of summer vacation, and I’m happy I have something fun to do today: some baking, and a friend’s baby shower picnic. We’re due to get some hotter weather for a few days but I think I can handle it since nights are supposed to be cooler so our apartment should stay somewhat decent as well. After that the forecast says cool weather and rain for several days, and I’m excited for that since everything is just scorched and there have already been some small forest fires.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Greetings Assets!

We are entering the week when new members can sign up for Fat2Fit teams. If you have interested friends or can post this link where they may find it, please invite them to join! Continuing members do NOT have to re-register, so you're all automatically in for August.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10839285/registration-for-new-members-august-2021#latest
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    utjgcurjp07e.png

Hey Team! As we wrap up July let's have a fun and easy challenge!

So, hop on over to WEEK FIVE-PHOTO CHALLENGE

For some extra fun post your daily picture to your team so that you can get to know each other even better! :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    So this is what the outside world looks like!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    You have a new member joining you .... Please welcome @ChristineIanpherelucas
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,404 Member
    Options
    Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @lozingitslowly :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our new team members!
  • hipari
    Options
    Welcome, new team members!

How’s everyone doing this week?

I went back to work this week and I’m exhausted. I have my next maternity appointment tomorrow and will have to talk about different options to breathe some life into me… the only two ways for improvement I can think of are an iron infusion at the hospital and part-time sick leave. I already have a light office job I can do remotely with a flexible schedule, so there’s not a lot of adjustments to be made there. Only 7 and a half more weeks until maternity leave, I can do this.

At least today I got more done at work than yesterday, and I was even able to squeeze in some personal paperwork and finally applied for the baby box and other benefits, it’s good to be a Finnish mom. The baby box is full of baby gear and you get it from the government for free if you participate in the free public maternity healthcare program. I also filed for child support/benefit, which is about $100 per month until the child turns 17, regardless of parental income, as well as maternity leave pay. I’m now officially filed as being on maternity leave from September until next August, first 3 months on full salary and the rest at 80%, I think.
This discussion has been closed.