Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening

Welcome to both our new teammates, @Shannonsto and @tahm42. I'm sure you will love it here.

Check in for 7/26:
    Steps - 5242. I should have a lot more tomorrow. Hitting Sea World for the shows. Free ticket that expires at the end of the month.
    Calories - 1680.
    Exercise - 20 minutes bike and 7 machines at the gym. 5.4 miles, interval training, medium effort.

Good morning Roger, looking good there. 5.4 miles is huge! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    rq9gfe18v3xs.jpeg

@tahm42
    You have made awesome progress on your journey so far. Excited to celebrate your victories with you!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Fantastic progress pictures! Great workout last night and a killer cardio session this morning.

@amymartin555
    Awesome loss! Love your NSV! I am glad you are on our team as it is exciting to watch your journey.

@MSWarrior7088
    Amazing steps!

@mszoueb
    I am kicking myself for not buying that brand. Everyone seems to love it.

@rwood566
    Awesome workout! Enjoy Seaworld!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, wow I have a lot to catch up on! Yesterday was my first day back to the office in well over a year so back to commuting is a bit exhausting!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    7/26 steps 8,330

@Shannonsto and @tahm42 welcome to our awesome team!! Everyone here is super supportive and very engaging.

@Poobah1972 congrats on unloading 100 pounds! That is fantastic! I love your dedication to getting healthy!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 Thank you Much! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining us .... Please welcome @bestbookie2 :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    7/26
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 91oz
    Steps 9218
    Exercise 3mile loop at lake

Met my parents at the lake at 630am. Both to beat the heat and get back home before my nieces arrived. My day then pretty much consisted of entertaining the kids haha. It was too hot to walk to the playground so I filled the water table out back and also hooked up a water toy to the hose that sprayed water into the air. In the evening, after the girls left, I just made some more homemade snack bars for my husband cuz he ran out.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    She is backkkkkkkkkkk :) ..... Just got back from a 143 minute walk ....6.36 mile walk and over 15,000 steps ... boy did it feel good to get back out there ....We all missed it ...2 weeks of migraines/headaches is for the birds lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    My resting heart rate is going in the wrong direction. It went down to 59 and over the last while it has slowly increased up to 70. I am beyond frustrated. Can’t figure it out!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    @tam42 welcome. Love the tire flipping pic. Do you train for Strongman? What do you like to do for exercise and how did you get started?

I love CrossFit. I also train heavy lifting. I lift because too much cardio tends to put my heart into fits of arrhythmia and tachycardia. Muscle building burns more fat and that's what I need to get rid of. No Strongman here just a love of heavy lifting. I began my exercise through walking 150# worth of dogs that no matter what wanted to go faster than I did. So it was cardio and resistance. I also do an elliptical that you can sit to ride a bike or recumbent even. Those helped me build endurance. Now I only do 20 mins standing to get my 3.25 miles in for my monthly miles goal. Running on pavement is not a choice but I can on the elliptical. I hope one day to walk a half marathon. My trainer /friend says sure you can run it... First CrossFit class in ages first thing was run 400 meters. Asthma kicked in and no inhaler.... Yeah I really don't know if I will ever be able to run outside unassisted. Sorry this is so long but exercise is the only way I lose. I have to constantly push myself or my body doesn't change. Like I said I started by walking then the trio trainer then the CrossFit gym now working with a friend that is a trainer. I haven't even mentioned kayaking hiking and aerial yoga. Yes I get bored easily so I mix it up. One of my favorite NSVs was when I could carry my own kayak. Ok I am going to hush now.☺️
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/26: 13,305
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/25 11,887
    7/26 9,169

Sorry I have been lazy with posting I have less alone time with the kids home. Sunday did get some time to shop for family photos for when we go away in late Aug. I have a love hate of photos of myself. Yesterday spent some time looking for jobs and got my workout and some cleaning done around the house. Met a friend for dinner and the place we wanted to go had a wait that was too long so went to another spot where I didn’t love the menu. Made the best out of it and still nice to see an old friend and not have to cook.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps for the last few days.
    7/24: 2,433
    7/25: 1,780
    7/26: 6,840
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    STEPS

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you had a good Tuesday.

Check in for 7/27:
    Steps - 9157. Most of them in 3 1/2 hours at sea world. Finally watched 2 shows since my back wasn't to bad. My butt is another story. No padding anymore.
    Calories - 1586 or so. Had to guess on the hotdog but I'm close.
    Exercise - just sea World. 65 minutes increased pulse.

Welcome to the team, @bestbookie2.

@tahm42 that is a huge variety of exercise. Amazing.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 it's glad to see you doing a mini megan.

Is anyone in touch with theresa since she left suddenly? I hope everything is ok.

Thanks Roger .... it was nice to get out there today ...I left Theresa a message but she hasn't replied ... I really hope she comes back when her kids go back to school
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Cologne! Finally made it after the trains were delayed due to the flooding.

I'm working in our German office this week so I'm away from my normal environment and have been exercising every day this week so far and am SO PROUD haha! In Germany it's also very easy to eat vegan, so I've been doing a lot of that. I return tomorrow evening, so just in time for my weigh-in on Friday morning and am very curious, seeing that I've not weighed myself since last Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.