TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited August 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Good Morning TBBT! I would like to welcome all new and returning teammates to the August challenge!

I am Christine, the captain for TBBT, and have been with this team since February 2019. If you ever need to ask a question, or change your weigh in day, or anything else, please tag me by typing @cmhubbard92 and I will get a notification!

You can also click on the little star next the group name, so that you receive updates when there are new posts.

A little bit about me:
    I'm 28 and live in Connecticut. I am married with three fur babies (two dogs and a cat). I have lost around 80 pounds(I've been kind of maintaining within 5ish pounds for a while, now) since November 2018. I attribute most of my losses to TBBT, and other challenges I participate in (The Game of Thrones and Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenges).

I enjoy hiking, swimming, kayaking, and other activities that get me outdoors. I am much more active than when I first started, but I do tend to take my completely restful, lazy days. I have been trying to get better at even just adding a small walk in on those days, so that I feel like I still did *something*. I also work full time, and tend to take on extra work when it's offered, so I tend not to be as active in the group like I used to be. I am working on my communication, but it's still not the best! When we're all participating, this is a VERY active team, that communicates a lot!

Feel free to introduce to the group! Our challenge starts today, August 1st! Let's make August a great month for The Big Butt Theory!
  • cmhubbard92
    Introducing the August Step & Water Challenge for TBBT

yw6o6wq2zbc6.png

Our step and water challenge begins today, August 1st, and runs alongside the monthly weight challenge. All members are free to participate if they wish, and you do not have to compete in both the step and water challenge - you can choose one or the other! Tag me@cmhubbard92with your step goal if you are interested!

Link to the spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7ZCi0Jvp5HZKnuF9EKVBbFTqa7pF0gTbFv03FFPECs/edit?usp=drivesdk
    If you are on your phone, highlight the above link, and select to open in Sheets(if you have the app) or in your internet browser! You can enter your steps once I add you to the sheet!

Best wishes and much success to TBBT! :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 07/31
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8844
    Water: 96

Just for today : 08/01, keto day 17, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 20-36hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises, church ⛪️ online , rest day

Yesterday: 07/31, keto day 16👎🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 16hr IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚1, Daily calm👍🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻, sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises👍🏻, BBD 9👍🏻

Happy Sunday
  • murdog3t
    Step 🏃‍♀️ challenge 42000
    Water 💧 challenge
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Hello team TBBT and a warm welcome to our newcomers!!

Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, (Mini Challenge), or the MUAC. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge or the UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc). At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on calories in and calories out.

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently?!

The August Challenge and the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge start today, Sunday August 1st! It is so rare that one of these monthly challenges actually begins on the first of the month, that it must be a sign that this is going to be a great one!!

Here's to a great August!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Sunday August 1, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 4,393

***Fresh start on a new month! Happy August everyone.
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    Daily check-in for Sunday, 08.01.21:

Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes, a bit too under, if I'm too be honest. I need to remember to eat while on vacation. I plan my days, but invariably get busy and skip a lot.
    Exercise: Yes, spent the day at the beach with the family, so plenty of time walking and playing in the surf. Going to the gym this morning, and hopefully paddle boarding tomorrow morning in the intercoastal. Minimal gators like in the lakes and canals down here, so that's good for this northern lass. :lol:
  • HASWLRS
    Saturday, July 31st

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 1 hour walk

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 11,742

Sunday, August 1st

exercise: yes, a rain abbreviated walk and some scrubbing in the bathroom

steps: 6,887
  • HASWLRS
    Daily check-in for Sunday, 08.01.21:

Tracked: Yes
    Under: Yes, a bit too under, if I'm too be honest. I need to remember to eat while on vacation. I plan my days, but invariably get busy and skip a lot.
    Exercise: Yes, spent the day at the beach with the family, so plenty of time walking and playing in the surf. Going to the gym this morning, and hopefully paddle boarding tomorrow morning in the intercoastal. Minimal gators like in the lakes and canals down here, so that's good for this northern lass. :lol:

@CycleMomOf3 Your vacation sounds wonderful!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited August 2021
    I’m back!!
    One year older yesterday and coming straight off a huge vacation I felt like I celebrated enough without having a “birthday”. I definitely feel the vacation bloat. I gained around 10 lbs in one week but I just can’t beat myself up about that anymore, it’s what I do on vacation!
    Although, I may skip my first weigh in as I don’t want to sink the team’s ship!😊 Im still feeling confident that I’ll bounce back quickly. My husband has had his chronic heart burn resurface every day of vacation, so the first thing we did when we got back was clean out the fridge and went to the grocery store, We are both VERY ready to get back on the wagon.

@cmhubbard92 @HASWLRS I will definitely like to participate in both mini challenges. Since my name’s not on the spreadsheet am I allowed to just post here Daily as usual?
  • cmhubbard92
    @Krysless2 I just need your step goal and I'll add you!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,875 Member
    @Krysless2 I just need your step goal and I'll add you!
    8000/daily
    56000/weekly
  • murdog3t
    Date: 08/01
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 5503
    Water: 96

Just for today : 08/02, keto day 1, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 20hr IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚1, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT exercises,BBD10,

Yesterday: 08/01, keto day 17👎🏻, 6000steps🚶‍♀️👎🏻, 20-36hr IF 👎🏻, read bible plan 👎🏻, read chapters 📚1👎🏻, Daily calm👎🏻, walk 30 min👎🏻, sleep 8 hr👍🏻, PT exercises👎🏻, church ⛪️ online 👍🏻, rest day 👍🏻
  • murdog3t
  • HASWLRS
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Happy Monday

@murdog3t Happy Monday to you, too!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Saturday, July 31st

exercise: yes, a 1 hour walk

steps: 11,742

Sunday, August 1st

exercise: yes, a rain abbreviated walk and some scrubbing in the bathroom

steps: 6,887

@HASWLRS
    Awesome weekend. Great job, Lisa!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    @Krysless2 Happy Birthday!
  • cmhubbard92
    @Krysless2 Happy belated birthday! I read your post a little funny, so I didn't catch on right away! :)
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Hey everyone - I'm back! I had an incredible trip to Utah - it is SOOOO BIIIIGGGGGG! I did a lot of sitting and eating what they had in the barn for people, so no clue how this week will turn out, but I'm fired up again, which is awesome!

I'm going to stick with just steps and water challenge this month:

Sunday, Aug 1
    Steps: 6570
    Water: 80+
  • HASWLRS
    @Krysless2 Happy belated birthday! I read your post a little funny, so I didn't catch on right away! :)

Yeah, me too! @Krysless2 Happy Belated Birthday!! And welcome back....you've been missed!!