Replies

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 68.55kg 151.1lbs
    CW: 68.95kg 152.0lbs

Hi - I'm Kath and I live in the UK. In May I reached my highest weight since I was pregnant 17 years ago 😱 over the past couple of months I've been losing and gaining the same 1kg.
    I turn 50 in November so my mantra is fit, fabulous and 50 (not fat and frumpy - which is how I feel at the moment).
    I SNACK! I could win a gold medal for it! This week I just didn't stop myself enough, hence the increase in weight.
    Next week I'm on holiday in the beautiful lake district. I'm hoping the extra walking will combat the extra calories.

I won't be weighing in next week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @renaegry Good luck at the lake this week.

@TeresaW1020 LOL that's hilarious! Yes, it helps tremendously to pre-track and bring my own snacks. Mostly, the bringing my own snacks helps. Pretracking only goes so far. ;) Good job with the exercise and tracking!

@TwistedSassette Thanks, that's a good idea for the vending machines, I'll try it. Good job with the exercise and tracking! And you got to bed on time? Well done!

@AustinRuadhain Welcome back! Thank you, I do too!

Hello all. I managed to avoid both the cafe and the vending machines by bringing my own snacks. I tracked 100% and ate a healthy dinner. Tonight is boxing class. I'm looking forward to it even though it's going to be really hot and probably give me a headache from the heat. I need to remember to bring extra snacks with me so I can have them before class. I don't know if I will eat dinner as by the time I get back from class, it will be bedtime.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: 100% tracked yesterday and 100% pre-tracked for today :)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Sooo happy to have you back! <3 That is a very funny story about your brother at the wedding. Was he embarrassed or did he rock that bouquet like a true man? :D

And yes, you did use the wrong Habit Tracker. I have no idea why we still have the September 2020 tracker up. Here is the link to the August Habit Tracker And I moved your info over for you. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Sooo happy to have you back! <3 That is a very funny story about your brother at the wedding. Was he embarrassed or did he rock that bouquet like a true man? :D

And yes, you did use the wrong Habit Tracker. I have no idea why we still have the September 2020 tracker up. Here is the link to the August Habit Tracker And I moved your info over for you. :)

Teresa, thank you for rerouting me to the right spreadsheet for the August Habit Tracker. I am not sure how I ended up there (I didn't see Aug and I did see Sept?! decided maybe it was a typo), but I have the right one bookmarked now.

Wedding - my brother was totally Mr Cool. No embarrassment there. He is 6'7" and handsome and almost never ruffled.

@trooworld
    Hurray to 100% tracking AND to avoiding both the café AND the vending machines.

Breakfast - all bites tracked. I am off to the gym and then off to the rest of my day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    Hi everyone! Welcome to the new people, we love having you!

I'm about to work out, water, then road trip for the day with a friend to see her grandson. Not much new here, just trying to get my medications straightened out. I had an appointment yesterday with the nutritionist then one in a bit with a doctor to get my A1C referral paperwork and ask a few questions as my new prescription cancels out another so the dose needs to be played with. Have a great day everyone!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @TwistedSassette what squat challenge are you doing. I would Be interested on jumping board.

Thanks all for the encouragement. Just have to keep my head in the game. August is usually cooler and calmer then July. So hopefully that will help.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Whew! I just got caught up on a lot of posts!

Yes, let's all do as @AustinRuadhain says and have an AWESOME AUGUST!

I'm Lisa, and I live in NE Florida. I've struggled with weight since the freshman 15, and lost the gains in a couple different ways throughout the years. This time middle to getting older age is making it QUITE the challenge. Right now, I live with my hubs of 29 years and our two kids are home for the summer from college. They leave in about 2 weeks, so I'll be hopping getting last minute stuff ready for a double move in. After that, it will be nice and quiet around here! I've been in this group for about 18 months and it's a tremendous help to me.

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!

PS: @TeresaW1020 - I may join the tracking challenge late. I've been awful with tracking for awhile now, but still losing. If that slows, I will jump on board.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 363 Member
    AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Carbs 190 gm., Fat 76 gm.

August 1
    Cal 1287, Carb 100, Protein 88, Fat 74

August 2
    Cal 1,543, Carb 130, Protein 141, Fat 136
  • TeresaW1020
    edited August 2021
    @TwistedSassette It is my understanding that with diet and lifestyle changes you can reverse insulin resistance. Unfortunately, it will be harder for you since you have PCOS, but that doesn’t mean you are stuck for life. Have fun at the gym and I hope you find the kettlebells. :)

@krea4 Yeah, I find that I do much better when I cut the snacking out. And if you do snack then make sure to have it planned out so you aren’t just reaching for whatever when you feel snackish. Have a great time at the lake! :)

@trooworld I hope you have fun at boxing class and do not get a headache. I would eat a very nutritious snack before working out and maybe just have something super light if you are hungry since it’s bedtime. Don’t want to undo that calorie burn! :grin:

@Katmary71 I hope you had a good time with your friend. I hope the doctor can help you with your prescription questions. :)

@Cornanda You should jump on the tracking challenge with us! It really is eye-opening when I track and weigh every little thing. It’s how I know that I way overdid it today. :grin:

@askewcr You are doing great with your tracking!! B)

Hi Team! Today has been rainy and in the low 70s which is amazing for us here in the South! I used the cool weather as an opportunity to clean our screened-in porch which was a hot mess of dead flower petals everywhere. I even cut back all the plants, so everything is nice and tidy. My workout was fairly intense today. Leg day with weights, but I did it and my squat challenge too. Calories and macros are high from the Swedish meatballs and mashed cauliflower I made. It just has way too many ingredients and most of them are high fat. I will have to be super careful the rest of the week. :#

Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Tracked Pre-tracked my two meals
    Target Goals Cal 1,873, Protein 194.4, Net Carb 30.8, Fat 102.4
    Squat Challenge Day Three done! 15 regular and narrow squats
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,537 Member
    @krea4 Enjoy the lake district holiday!

@trooworld Yay on skipping the vending machines!

@Katmary71 Have fun on your road trip!

@renaegry The squat challenge was one that @TeresaW1020 shared - here's the image:
    du9r8lpz2zoh.png

@TeresaW1020 Yes, it's one of those things with PCOS - they don't know whether the hormone imbalance causes insulin resistance, or whether the insulin resistance impacts the hormones. And sometimes losing weight helps balance the hormones back out, but sometimes it doesn't. It's a frustrating condition because it presents differently in everyone! So I'll just keep doing my best and hoping for the best outcome!
    Glad you got some cooler weather to take advantage of.

So I didn't end up getting to the gym yesterday :disappointed: It is super super hectic at work right now, and I'm supposed to be able to leave early on Tuesdays (I work later on Mondays to make up the time) to take the toddler to his kinder gym class, but that just didn't happen yesterday. I called hubby to see if he could take the toddler to the class, but he was also waiting for a repairman to come and quote on replacing our glass sliding doors which are like 50 years old and no longer functioning right - the repairman just said he'd be there "in the afternoon". So I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and eventually decided to leave work on time, get home and take the toddler straight out to his class, then go back home and log in to do more work. When I got home the repairman was there, so luckily it all worked out so the toddler didn't miss out on his class.

Then my parents were both visiting for the night too. So it made for a relatively late night to bed - though I did sneak off for a short yoga session, and stayed in my calories so I'm feeling good about that. Yesterday, I resisted the temptation of doughnuts brought in by a coworker, beers with the family, and a chocolate mousse cake we got for dessert! I did have an extra latte that my boss bought for me, because it would be rude not to drink it and also, coffee. Sometimes this weight loss thing is hard! But I chose my hard - resisting temptations is hard, but so is setting myself back for a few moments of indulgence. It's my birthday this Friday and I know I will indulge then, so I am being more careful for now - it would be so easy to just say "stuff it, it's my birthday week" and let myself eat all the things. But it will be harder to claw back from that than it is to say no to MOST of the things in the first place!

In all of that, I completely forgot about the squat challenge. So I will make that up and do days 3 & 4 today!!

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 3/3
    Squats: 2/3*
    *To be caught up today!
  • askewcr
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Carbs 190 gm., Fat 76 gm.

August 1
    Cal 1287, Carb 100, Protein 88, Fat 74

August 2
    Cal 1,543, Carb 130, Protein 141, Fat 136

August 3
    Cal 1,682, Carb 167, Protein 134, Fat 134

I will do better. B)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,860 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you! It's good to "see" you! Well done on tracking and going to the gym! :D

@Katmary71 Have fun on your road trip!

@TeresaW1020 I did get a headache (from the heat and exertion) but it's all good. I did eat healthy snacks and I didn't end up eating since I wasn't hungry after boxing...but I ate over my points for the day (but not for the week) so it's fine. Sounds like nice weather in Georgia. Send it my way, please! :) Dinner sounds delicious.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! I'm glad everything worked out with the toddler and the doors. Yay for the yoga session! That sounds like a lot of temptation, yikes! Good for you for resisting.

@askewcr Great job tracking!

Hi all. I made it to boxing class. The trainer during the week has a harder warm-up than the weekend trainer. I worked really hard and by the time I got home, my face was red and stayed red until I went to bed. I also had a headache because it was so hot and the heat gives me migraines. BUT...I survived and will live to tell the tale! :D I resisted the vending machines and the cafe again yesterday. I just have to survive again today and then I work from home for the rest of the week.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: 100% tracked yesterday and 100% pre-tracked for today:)

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • askewcr
    Yesterday was a pretty good day in spite of some news we received. I cooked fresh cabbage and meatloaf for supper and it was tasty.

I think I mentioned that we went to a church out of town to see a young man be ordained into ministry. Well, he called to say he has covid and we had hugged him and took a picture with him.

Praying we haven't contracted it. I've had it before but my husband hasn't. B)
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    The scale finally moved in the right direction! The last 9 days the scale didn't move at all. But finally seeing progress for my hard work. For the past 3 months I've been eating no added sugar, walking for 45 minutes every day, and doing a Chloe ting work out on YouTube everyday. It has been working really well I've been averaging a 6 lb loss a month since I started. I'm in a wedding in November, I can't wait to see how far I get by then.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,537 Member
    edited August 2021
    @askewcr You're doing great on the tracking challenge! Look at your average on those three days: 1504 - just under your daily goal! I think we all have some higher and some lower days so it's good to look at the overall picture :smile:
    Sorry to hear about the potential covid exposure. I hope that you've managed to avoid it!

@trooworld You are smashing it! The boxing sounds like such a hard workout, you should definitely be proud of your efforts!

@Jactop Even a tiny loss is a loss. I hope you're feeling better this week!

@Jwhitegarcia That's great!

I don't have much to update, had a reasonable day yesterday that included some dessert, but also included a little walking so I was pretty much bang on target for the day. Also somehow managed to forget the squat challenge AGAIN so I will be making up time again today! I am hopeless at remembering things lol.

Work is being super stressful and busy, so I'm pretty happy that I'm managing to stay on track despite that. I am seeing some good progress on the scale this week so I hope that sticks around for my official weigh in tomorrow!

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 4/4
    Squats: 2/4*
    *I WILL catch this up today!
  • TeresaW1020
    @TwistedSassette Bummer you didn’t get to go to the gym but yayy that the toddler got to go to his class. I am so proud of you for how you resisted such temptations as doughnuts, beer, and cake!! You must be very proud of yourself for making such good choices for yourself. And heck yeah you can’t be rude to the boss and not drink a latte…and the fact that it was coffee says it all. :grin: Good for you for catching up on the squat challenge. Maybe set yourself a reminder or something. I have it printed out in my exercise room and on my desk at home so I will see it. We are going to have such strong legs and a nicer booty by the end of the month! B)

@trooworld Look at you being strong with those vending machines and café!! The more you resist and say no the easier it will become and the more in charge of your health you will feel. Bummer about the headache after boxing. The good news is that we are in our last month of summer and fall is on its way. At least that is what I tell myself. :grin:

@Jactop Congrats on another weight loss and getting further down in the 170s. Yeah, I’m jealous of you but I’m also super motivated to catch you. :grin:

@askewcr Your dinner sounds good. I made Swedish meatballs that turned out too dry and I kept saying that I should have just made a meatloaf. :) I hope you don’t come down with Covid! Are you and your hubby vaccinated?

@Jwhitegarcia Yayyy for the scale moving! I know it can get very frustrating when you are doing all the right things and the scale doesn’t show it. But if you hang in there it will always catch up. Having a wedding to attend is a great motivator. :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day except my body is tired from working out and doing that squat challenge. I did about 1/2 of a cardio with weights program and just couldn’t keep the intensity up. So, I did my squat challenge, and I will repeat this cardio on Saturday. The next two days are cleaning and I have a bunch of extra stuff to do there, so it will be a workout for sure. Speaking of work, I just found out today that our bookkeeper wants to leave in January, which is much sooner than we had thought would happen. So, I will be taking her job along with my other two church job. I start training in September. I’m a little nervous but also excited. :)

Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Tracked Pre-tracked my two meals
    Target Goals Cal 1,199, Protein 99.5, Net Carb 22, Fat 74.0
    Squat Challenge Day 4 done! 25 regular and sumo squats
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    @TwistedSassette thanks for posting for me. Will get all caught up on them today

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 132.4
    CW: 131.7

I’m dropping some of the vacation water weight and working on being more active, not just plan it the night before and then not going with it.
    So far I have a 5 days streak.
    Yesterday I walked 5.4 miles to the shop to pick my car and I let Google Maps take me on the shortest route. I passed through a park I never been, with some very steep trails and I plan to go explore that area when is less hot and humid.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi everyone, huge congratulations to all of the winners listed above! So impressed with all the hard work and commitment everybody has put in!!
    It is turning out to be another busy week, believe you me, after lock down I am not complaining!
    I am absolutely loving all of the outdoor activities that we are able to do now after being locked down and in the bitter cold of winter🤪.
    I did lose a pound last week, yay! I am fitting into more and more of my clothes, which is pretty darn exciting :-) :-). I was actually pretty surprised when I showed a pound loss, we threw a surprise graduation party for my son and his fiancé the day before. They both graduated university during lockdown so we weren’t able to have a celebration. They thought they were coming over to celebrate my birthday in my daughters backyard and instead, when they walked in through the gate we started yelling congratulations and throwing balloons at them. They were so confused, it was awesome!!
    I am trying to muddle through all of these celebrations and festivals. I am thoroughly enjoying each and every moment of them, my biggest plan is I’m trying to eat about half of what I normally would🤣.
    My niece is getting married in October, it is a 1920s theme and I just ordered a “Gatsby Inspired” Sequin dress in a smaller size:). It’s going to be so much fun!
    This is the dress that is now going to hang on the back of my door to inspire me

2bczyp6nhorg.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.