Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Glad to see most of you survived chocolate chip cookie day. I hope you have started getting ready for water balloon day.

Check in for 8/4:
    Steps - 2993 plus 23 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort. 6 miles level 10 interval training mode. Sweated up a storm.
    Calories - 1707. Happy with that number, not happy with my snacking.
    Exercise - gym. Thank you all for getting me out there today. 6 machines - legs, abs, back extensions. Bike 20 min plus 3 cooldown. Last 3:45 was at 80 rpm.

Went to see jungle cruise tonight. Everyone crowded into 3 rows so daughter and I moved. Just had soda, 12 runts and having unsalted pistachios as I type this.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Morning guys and hello from sunny brit land, yesterday stayed within my calories, I feel exhausted and need a rest day so might not gym it today even though it is my day but have the whole weekend off so might go then, will see how I feel later. have a great day all!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Can't remember when I last reported steps so here's the last 4 days

8/1 8,679
    8/2 4,163
    8/3 7,407
    8/4 2,681

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Username missymarea0612
    Weigh in Day:Wednesday
    Pw 212
    Current weight 212

No increase this week...woohoo!! I returned to working in the office on monday...short lived as we were sent back home within a couple of hours. But I had already preplanned & made our lunches & dinner as I figured the first week back would be exhausting. So it's been great to just grab stuff & warm it up this week. I might have to keep this going. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Good morning MIssy... Glad you hanging tough! Maybe next week with that weight training and steps! 👍
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    PW: 183.4
    CW 183

Steps 8/2 14,759
    8/3 15,432

Monday got my strength workout in and a short walk. Steps yesterday were from taking the kids to a water park. It wasn’t a super sunny day so it wasn’t any busy which was nice.

Great steppin action Rachel! And strength training. Sounds like your killing it! 😃
    Shannonsto wrote: »
    Checking in...

Good day yesterday. I took the kids to see Jungle Cruise, and was a little worried about the popcorn. I’ve found if I don’t let myself have treats then I tend to binge. We got the smallest size popcorn and shared it. Good weigh in this morning—whew!

8/3 steps: 11,285.

Do I need to do anything to join the step challenge?

Psst.. How was jungle cruise I might watch it this weekend? :) (Nice job holding back on the Corn!) 😆
    Steps

My hubby and I went on walk this morning. It was such a nice morning in Ohio...we are going on another one tomorrow.
    iradi8 wrote: »
    iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 193.1
    CW: 197.0
    LTD: 55.6 pounds (SW 252.6)

Just back from a week long vacation. Did a lot of hikes and ate some junk. We had long, active days. Went white water rafting, hiking, swimming in freezing cold swimming holes, saw waterfalls, went horseback riding, kids went zip lining, etc. We also saw six bears including a baby bear on a hiking trail at dusk. It was a great trip.

Now, back at home, I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed with lots to do. I'm exhausted. My mom did well taking care of herself while I was gone. Unfortunately, she had a fall last night and hurt her hip, knee and ankle. Covid numbers have surged here lately, so she is staying away from people as much as possible, so we'll see if she starts to feel better in the next few days. If not, I'll have to take her for x-rays.

It is scary to know that the scale goes up so easily. When I am home and things are fairly routine, I do so well. When I am super busy, out of town, taking care of others away from my house, etc. it is incredibly difficult. I will never give up though! That's the difference now. So, as always, thanks to all of you for being here and keep on keepin' on!

You are a busy girl Joyce! Sounds like you got so much work in I wouldn't sweat that weight for 1 second. Hiking and junk = mostly water weight. You'll be hitting a Woosh next I'm certain. :smiley:
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Daily check in
    8/3 steps 11,394 (will post 8/4 tomorrow)
    Stayed in my calorie goal for today (8/4) which is a big success since I woke up in the middle of the night last night starving and ate two cookies. Luckily, no more cookies in the house now... I was going to go to the gym but had to take a call after work instead. Work is stressing me out. Any one else struggle with balancing ambition with work/life balance?

For dinner I made Migas -- my first time making it. Turned out amazing with lots of tomatoes, hot sauce, and some goat cheese on top with a side of black beans.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get to Body Pump class... Fingers crossed I can get to the gym in time after a doc appt.

MIgas sound interesting... I like spicy food my friend. Good luck at the gym man! :)

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Glad to see most of you survived chocolate chip cookie day. I hope you have started getting ready for water balloon day.

Check in for 8/4:
    Steps - 2993 plus 23 minutes recumbent bike moderate effort. 6 miles level 10 interval training mode. Sweated up a storm.
    Calories - 1707. Happy with that number, not happy with my snacking.
    Exercise - gym. Thank you all for getting me out there today. 6 machines - legs, abs, back extensions. Bike 20 min plus 3 cooldown. Last 3:45 was at 80 rpm.

Went to see jungle cruise tonight. Everyone crowded into 3 rows so daughter and I moved. Just had soda, 12 runts and having unsalted pistachios as I type this.

Was it really Cookie day, and why didn't anyone tell me. Oh well I guess that means I miss Water balloon day too? Sounds like you had an amazing day... WOOOT WOOOT! 😁
    Daily Check-in: Wednesday 08/04

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/03 - 11,681
    08/04 - 17,231

Good morning team! Day 3 of being back on track!

I was able to hit the Gym early this morning with my workout buddy. It was a great upper body session. We are discussing setting up a weekly schedule for our workouts and what body parts we will be working each time.

Today is going to be an easy day here at home. We’ve got people working in our back garden which at the moment is just a bunch of rock but it’s finally starting to take shape. We are having a pool put in which is super exciting. I do hope we can use it before the summer ends.

I got on the scale this morning and was shocked to see a spike. I don’t know why these still surprise me. I’ve started strength training again and I know muscle repair can cause this. I’ll just keep going and won’t let this discourage me.

Blessed day team 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    j0wt5ilg1gsi.jpeg

8lmfnp2d0ocn.jpeg

Mari, Mari, Mari... You are a machine, and I love it. Great enthusiasm. I feel you on the spike, I had the same when I started weight training. It will pass... Usually around the 2 week mark for me. And either way you know your doing your body proud. Congratulations! :smiley:
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Morning guys and hello from sunny brit land, yesterday stayed within my calories, I feel exhausted and need a rest day so might not gym it today even though it is my day but have the whole weekend off so might go then, will see how I feel later. have a great day all!

Body know's best Jayenguk. And rest is when the muscle grow! Have a great day!

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 9162

No official exercise for the day. I danced/stepped in place at night while watching tv for those steps.

@lindamtuck2018 On the days that both kids have school I will have about 3 hours. I plan on walking while the weather is nice. My husband and I are also considering joining the gym where the kids do swim lessons. I'd love to be able to swim laps at least once a week. They also have classes that don't cost anything extra after getting the membership. The only day my daughter will be home with me is Thursdays. The only variable is going to be watching my nieces. I'm not sure of the schedule with my brother changing jobs.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 3 hour walk...7.86 miles..burned 1,011 cals according to fitbit with 19,317 steps :)

Holy moly.. Should of walked around the house for another 693 steps? hehe :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Just got back from a 3 hour walk...7.86 miles..burned 1,011 cals according to fitbit with 19,317 steps :)

Holy moly.. Should of walked around the house for another 693 steps? hehe :)

I am up to 19614 so I kinda did :p
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/4: 22,505
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/5

Calories: Within Allotted Range (On Higher End of Range)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 17 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 11 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2.35 Mile Walk + Bowling (that counts right 🤣)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/5

Calories: Within Allotted Range (On Higher End of Range)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 17 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 11 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2.35 Mile Walk + Bowling (that counts right 🤣)

How long was your walk and bowling? Or can you just post your steps for 8/4 and 8/5?
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    8/1 8,878
    8/2 9,146
    8/3 12,373
    8/4 5,669
This discussion has been closed.