Mission Slimpossible - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,547 Member
    @davidji82 Wow, great loss!!

@cherrymajoni Nice loss this week!

@GabiV125 Thank you for the birthday wishes!

@TeresaW1020 Great loss!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope your back heals up quickly - it's horrible when your back hurts. Great job tracking.

@trooworld Thank you for the birthday wishes! Great that you killed it at boxing, and also great commitment to sign up for another month!

I had a lazy day for my birthday and definitely overindulged - but since it was my birthday I am ok with that and the resulting rise on my scale. I know that even when I reach maintenance, there will be days of higher and lower calories and I more than made up for it with great deficits all week beforehand. On the bright side, I still tracked everything I ate (some estimation, but the best I could do) so I'm fully aware of what my surplus was for the day!

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 6/6 days tracked; 5/6 days on target
    Squats: 6/6 days completed
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Friday
    gwamajtw91
    PW: 158.3
    CW: 158.1
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 138 lbs
    CW: 139 lbs
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Username: TheGlwUp
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 7/30/2021: 225
    Weigh in for 8/6/2021: 225.5
    Weigh in for 8/13/2021:
    Weigh in for 8/20/2021:
    Weigh in for 8/27/2021:
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 8/1
    PW: 193.4
    CW: 194.6

Sorry about the delay. I had a great time having my son for 2 weeks. He's back in Virginia now and I'm thankful his ship won't be deployed again for 13 months. I have a LOT to get caught up on in here, so I'll get to it tomorrow. Good night!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 173.7
    CW: 174.8

+1.1

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1,520, Pro: 76 gm., Carbs 190 gm., Fat 76 gm.

August 1
    Cal 1287, Carb 100, Protein 88, Fat 74
    August 2
    Cal 1,543, Carb 130, Protein 141, Fat 136
    August 3
    Cal 1,682, Carb 167, Protein 134, Fat 134
    August 4
    Cal 1,670, Carb 202, Protein 49, Fat 75
    August 5
    Cal 1,049, Carb 112, Protein 26, Fat 56
    August 6
    Cal 1,483, Carb 167, Protein 52, Fat 70
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    After the crazy cicadas invasion in spring now we have some oak leaf mites invasion because they feed on the cicadas eggs. For almost 3 weeks now I’m getting red swollen bumps that turn into itching welts, and I’m so over them. I might be one of the few who needs steroid injection to deal with the mega reaction I have.
    I also don’t sleep and wake up with sausage fingers. Rant over, sorry.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,870 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Check-in day: Saturday
    Week: week 1
    PW: 219.6
    CW: 224.4 :#
    LTD: 23.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,870 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope bringing snacks helps you. Yes, I love the boxing class! I'm so sorry about your back, you are working so hard, and then to have a setback like this...bummer. Your dinner sounds amazing! Yes, it's okay to splurge every once in a while!

@Jwhitegarcia I'm so sorry about the stress and anxiety. Can you make a list of 10 things you can do when you are stressed besides eat? Some things I like to try are: taking a brisk walk, hugging my dog, reading, distracting myself by looking up healthy recipes...etc. Then, when you are stressed, you can look back at the list and try some of them. Good luck and hugs to you.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! Birthdays come but once a year. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! You have a healthy outlook. Great job tracking!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you had fun with your son.

@askewcr Well done on the loss!

@GabiV125 That sounds awful!

Hi all. What can I say about a 4.8 lb gain? I am so upset, angry, disappointed. I worked really hard this week, not just with the boxing class but I tracked 100% honestly and tracked every little thing. Yes, there were days when I had too many healthy snacks but overall, I didn't binge or have terribly unhealthy foods. I need to put this out of my mind and continue doing what I am doing, just with fewer snacks. I am going to have a better week next week, I know it.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Not pre-tracked yet but will be soon.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Firefly743
    ***Weigh In***
    PW: 239.4
    CW: 239.6
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    trooworld wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 I hope bringing snacks helps you. Yes, I love the boxing class! I'm so sorry about your back, you are working so hard, and then to have a setback like this...bummer. Your dinner sounds amazing! Yes, it's okay to splurge every once in a while!

@Jwhitegarcia I'm so sorry about the stress and anxiety. Can you make a list of 10 things you can do when you are stressed besides eat? Some things I like to try are: taking a brisk walk, hugging my dog, reading, distracting myself by looking up healthy recipes...etc. Then, when you are stressed, you can look back at the list and try some of them. Good luck and hugs to you.

@TwistedSassette Thank you! Birthdays come but once a year. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! You have a healthy outlook. Great job tracking!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you had fun with your son.

@askewcr Well done on the loss!

@GabiV125 That sounds awful!

Hi all. What can I say about a 4.8 lb gain? I am so upset, angry, disappointed. I worked really hard this week, not just with the boxing class but I tracked 100% honestly and tracked every little thing. Yes, there were days when I had too many healthy snacks but overall, I didn't binge or have terribly unhealthy foods. I need to put this out of my mind and continue doing what I am doing, just with fewer snacks. I am going to have a better week next week, I know it.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Not pre-tracked yet but will be soon.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS

Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely try those. I am feeling much better today. I worked through a lot of stuff yesterday and was able to put myself back into a good head space.
  • Lulu_jo
    Lulu_jo Posts: 59 Member
    Oops! I'm a day late... Sorry!

Username: Lulu_jo
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 277 (1/15/21)
    PW: 214
    CW: 214

Apparently this week wasn't better. I'm stuck🙄
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@TwistedSassette You are completely right that for as long as we live our weight is going to fluctuate up and down. Birthdays and other events are not going away and we are meant to enjoy them. I love that you tracked it all anyway, as I am with my spurges this week so that we can be aware and move into next week with resolve to get any gains off. Right? :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 So happy you had a great time with your son! :)

@askewcr Looking over your macros, I can’t help but be concerned with how low your protein is some of the days. Have you thought about increasing your protein and maybe lowering your carbs and fat to help with weight loss and overall health? This article is great for explaining why we should. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-reasons-to-eat-more-protein#Is-too-much-protein-harmful?

@GabiV125 Yikes! You are having a time of it, aren’t you? Take care of yourself and get the help you need. <3

@trooworld I feel so strongly that most of your weight gain is simple water retention from starting the boxing. How long has it been since you have exercised to this extreme? Your body has to have time to adjust and you HAVE to be patient with it until it does. OK, eat fewer snacks since that can't hurt! You got this, girlfriend!! <3

@Jwhitegarcia Yayyy on the great loss you had this week! Maybe your body needed a bit of a break from the harder workouts? :)

Hi Team! It was a busy day but a good day. I had to do some church stuff today for a woman who was having a piano recital and afterward hubby and I went and did some shopping. It was lunchtime and suggested we try this new restaurant, Hook & Reel that we haven’t been to. I ended up with the fried shrimp and sweet potato fries. Not bad but very high in carbs and over my calories for the day. Dinner was chicken breast and the last of the corn on the cob, which I probably shouldn’t have eaten but it will be the last corn of the season and I couldn’t say no. I will get my macros back under control starting tomorrow. No exercise today but I am happy that my back seems to be all better, so I will do a workout in the morning before church. :)

AUGUST TRACKING CHALLENGE
    Target Goals—Cal: 1300, Pro: 125 gm., Net Carbs 30 gm., Fat 75 gm.
    Tracked I tracked it the best I could
    Target Goals Cal 1691, Protein 108.4, Net Carb 92.9, Fat 94.9
    Squat Challenge Day 7 was a rest day. Yayyyy!!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • TheGlwUp
    TheGlwUp Posts: 78 Member
    Hi everyone, huge congratulations to all of the winners listed above! So impressed with all the hard work and commitment everybody has put in!!
    It is turning out to be another busy week, believe you me, after lock down I am not complaining!
    I am absolutely loving all of the outdoor activities that we are able to do now after being locked down and in the bitter cold of winter🤪.
    I did lose a pound last week, yay! I am fitting into more and more of my clothes, which is pretty darn exciting :-) :-). I was actually pretty surprised when I showed a pound loss, we threw a surprise graduation party for my son and his fiancé the day before. They both graduated university during lockdown so we weren’t able to have a celebration. They thought they were coming over to celebrate my birthday in my daughters backyard and instead, when they walked in through the gate we started yelling congratulations and throwing balloons at them. They were so confused, it was awesome!!
    I am trying to muddle through all of these celebrations and festivals. I am thoroughly enjoying each and every moment of them, my biggest plan is I’m trying to eat about half of what I normally would🤣.
    My niece is getting married in October, it is a 1920s theme and I just ordered a “Gatsby Inspired” Sequin dress in a smaller size:). It’s going to be so much fun!
    This is the dress that is now going to hang on the back of my door to inspire me

2bczyp6nhorg.jpeg

That is a beautiful dress!
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Thanks for the advice. I will work on increasing my proteins and decreasing the fat and carbs. :/
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,540 Member
    Happy Birthday @TwistedSassette !

@laurelfit57 That's an amazing outfit, I hope you post a picture in it!

@trooworld I love how you're really hitting your groove right now, I hope you know you're an amazing role model for all of us! About the weight gain, it could be because you just started a new, strenuous workout, keep at it and see how it goes but know that can happen when starting something like that (barring that you didn't eat a ton of salt of course).

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear about your back, I hope you wake up and it's all better and a short-term deal. I just saw that your back is doing better, yay!

@Jwhitegarcia I don't know when you started trying to improve yourself but when I started on here I spent a long time on the forums reading and one thing you'll read a lot from the "old timers" is how motivation means nothing overall and how determination and permanent life changes and making habits is the way to go. After 2.5 years at it I agree with that, I don't always feel like working out or eating right but I tend to stick overall to doing the right things because my health is so bad if I don't I know it means I won't last much longer. I don't want you to think I'm lecturing you, it's definitely a lot easier with some motivation but it definitely comes and goes!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad you had time with your son! I just finished a Riley Saber, do you read his books? It was Home Before Dark, it was pretty good, I think it's classified as suspense but may be considered horror too which is why I thought of you.

@GabiV125 I'm so sorry to hear about your reaction, I feel like I react to everything too, it's so annoying! I had an injectable medication the other day and was worried in case I have a reaction to it but she was ready to strangle me because I couldn't take anything else she suggested so I just did it. I hope it clears up soon!

I never did my month intro, I'm Kathy, 49, live in Northern CA with my boyfriend and our 4 cats. I have CRPS and a bunch of health problems that I'm trying to navigate right now. I got to goal weight then had a health setback and was on steroids for most of the last year and gained half my weight back, I'm 175 and would like to get to to 170 by my 50th birthday September 30th. I volunteer at the food bank farm, garden at home, read, spend time with friends, exercise, and that's about it at the moment. I just started going to a pain clinic but my insurance is blocking my medication so I'm pretty frustrated and exhausted. I also go to a holistic pain group and rent a micro current machine I use at home as well as see a nutritionist and take supplements. I'm one of the group motivators along with @AustinRuadhain and @trooworld but have been a little out-of-it, I just started Topamax for the nerve burning and it's making me really drowsy. I did manage to get dressed and take a bath but not until after dinner then just put on a different pair of pjs! I have to go to the food bank farm tomorrow so it was just a one-day thing.
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,547 Member
    edited August 2021
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad to hear you had such a great time with your son and that he will be on shore for some time!

@askewcr Yay on the 1 lb down!

@GabiV125 Those mites sound totally awful! I hope they're gone soon.

@trooworld Sending you hugs. I think you will find that your gain is from your change in exercise routine - our muscles retain a lot of water to repair damage from exertion and your new boxing classes sound quite intense! That's the great thing about tracking - you know that you didn't eat in a surplus so you know you couldn't have gained fat!

@Jwhitegarcia Woohoo!! Congrats!

@TeresaW1020 I was glad for that rest day in the squat challenge too, lol.

@Katmary71 Thank you for the birthday wishes! I liked what you wrote about motivation - we can't rely on it as it's not always there! Determination and habits are much stronger.

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes - I am feeling the love!

I was reminded why I don't drink a lot this weekend, as I have not been feeling well in the stomach all weekend and I can only put it down to the drinking. To make matters worse, I am suffering from hayfever quite badly at the moment - at least I think that's what it is as the symptoms started the day I brought home the beautiful bunch of flowers that a coworker gave me. I have put them outside now so hopefully I will feel better in the morning.

My scale was up a lot this morning, presumably from the alcohol, cake etc. this weekend. I know I ate above maintenance for a couple of days, but certainly not enough for this gain so I know it's just water retention. I have a new Game of Thrones challenge starting today here on MFP which always makes me exercise more so I'm hopeful for a fast recovery on the scale!

I am about to go do a workout now, and then get myself ready for work again tomorrow.

AUGUST CHALLENGES
    Tracking: 7/7 days tracked; 5/7 days on target
    Squats: 7/7 days completed
This discussion has been closed.