• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK TWO CHALLENGE IS UP! ZERO TO HERO

yfph5kl5x16b.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    AT LAST THE AUGUST WEEK ONE RESULTS YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! It is the season for construction delays, after all...
    6462n5i2qheb.jpg

b30lwi1zrewg.png
    7fz4upkozabc.png

TOP TEAMS BY PERCENTAGE
    qq9es9m9nja9.png

TOP TEAMS BY POUNDS LOST
    v1nxax1akzwz.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY PERCENTAGE
    tbwiyf8jbefb.png

TOP INDIVIDUALS BY POUNDS LOST
    urhndh4bu5b2.png

vx73c0960iz3.png

YOUR TEAM'S TOP LOSERS!
    qx85pp7i8vjz.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    ~~ Welcome to August Week Two! ~~

We made it to the second week of August, everybody! For those of you in the northern hemisphere, I hope you're beating the heat. And for those of you in the southern, I hope your winter hasn't been too harsh thus far.

Quick Update on Me:

I'm in a bit of a fog these days, which has led to a bunch of bad food decisions, which has led to bloating, weight gain, poor sleep... lots of fun stuff. I'm betting all of these things will show in my weigh-in tomorrow (I'm gonna predict 173 lbs right now - let's see how psychic I am).

The good news is I've been here before, and I know how to lose all of the weight again, it just sucks while I'm here. So, until my brain un-fogs itself, I'm just aiming to make sure my clothes still fit properly. As long as we have that, we're good. Numbers are just numbers.

Aaaaand now for some numbers that aren't just numbers...

~ (Hopefully Not) Walking On, Walking On Broken Glass ~

What's that? Our team of nine super steppers accumulated over 500k steps this week? That's insane. No way. It's the equivalent of almost 60k steps per person? But that's incredible! I'll need to see some numbers as proof.

The Leaderboard:

Over 10k Steps Per Day:

@sandielewis2001 - 82,661 total | 11,809 average
    @kandi3570 - 81,286 total | 11,612 average
    @ljdanny - 78,625 total | 11,232 average - Highest Step Count in One Day!

Over 3k Steps Per Day:

@rachelrjh - 62,300 total | 8,900 average
    @lennoncpa - 56,594 total | 8,085 average
    @dbrinkmeyer - 51,219 total | 7,317 average
    @pacsnc6 - 41,112 total | 5,873 average - Most Consistent!
    @Antiopelle - 38,490 total | 5,499 average
    @melaniedscott - 27,525 total | 3,932 average

Good work, folks. It's inspiring to see some of you returning to the step challenge week after week, regardless of how your numbers compare to the others. What matters is you're taking responsibility for your health and you're showing that results are not the product of a single day, but a conglomeration of all your efforts. Thank you for reminding us that one bad day does not indicate a bad week, bad month, or even a bad year.

1331868435354_9723622.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    For some reason I am extra hungry today. Had extra for breakfast which probably was my downfall. Will not have any snacks while watching TV
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

I am just going to start fresh from current weight and for medical/medication reasons ignore all previous weights, so we will pretend like today is day 1 :)

@callsitlikeiseeit -

Hi Deb! Good to see you back with us! Do you want me to move you back to the weight-loss team, or would you rather stay on the cheer squad for the time being? We can log your weights no matter what, it's just a matter of if you'd rather have the weekly obligation.

heya

i WAS going to move back into the main weight loss team group BUT after seeing my doc yesterday he is upping my med again, which may mess with my appetite (again) so if if DOES and I go back to you know, not eating anything... I dont want it to mess with stats or give me a perceived 'advantage' in imaginary 'wins' (although the team as a whole might be happy with a member losing a pound a day LMAO). And, as you know per our discussions, it is something I do not recommend or condone for others in their weight loss journeys or even my own. its just a not so nice side effect of this med i need. well, nice since i do need to lose the weight and at this point my body can sustain it at this rate but you know what i mean.

so, keep me to the sideline for now, till i see what the increase in the dosage will do. it might not have any effect. we dont know. so, keep me sidelined in the support side till next month (still, ugh). ill check in then and let you know how my body has decided to react with this new dosage.

anyways, for THIS week, my current weight is 189. we can log that LOL
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    I'm betting all of these things will show in my weigh-in tomorrow (I'm gonna predict 173 lbs right now - let's see how psychic I am).

minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.4 (August 4th)
    CW (Current Weight): 172.6 (August 11th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 61.4 lbs

I'm pretty good at predicting the weight of my bad decisions and bloating, it seems. Go me?

But honestly, I'm not mad about this right now. Seeing the negative impact of my choices in an official matter is exactly the kind of motivation I need to make a change. I'm going to a dinner party on Saturday, so that's where I may need to pay extra close attention to my habits, especially when it comes to alcohol and snacking.

It sucks to be back in the 170s, it sucks to know that I have more work to do, but I deadlifted 90 lbs yesterday, so I suppose I at least know that I have a good foundation of muscle hiding beneath my layers of insulation.

gym-bb.gif
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    anyways, for THIS week, my current weight is 189. we can log that LOL

You got it!
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @hope002 you look great gal! Good for you.

I need to be excused for this week please. I'm traveling for work.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursdays
    week 2
    pw 162
    cw 161.3

Yay! heading back down again! Wasn't expecting that since I've been eating more but maybe that's what I needed this week.
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    August Week Two
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 250.3 (August 5th)
    CW (Current Weight): 250.2 (August 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 10.2 lbs

I guess it was bad timing on my decision to eat exercise calories last night. I was at a new low yesterday 247.2. I started a 5k training plan last week and last night I started to feel real hungry. Normally my 1600 calorie diet (1000 cal deficit) was filling me up. Adding a 500 to 1000 exercise calorie deficit was taking the weight off quick for a few days. Hunger won last night at about 11 when i was trying to get to sleep. That did not help the weigh in this am. At least it was a healthy late night snack. Today I'll add at least some of the ecercise calories in throughout the day. Hopefully that helps me do a lot better on weight loss next week.

Comments and or advice are appreciated.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    I guess it was bad timing on my decision to eat exercise calories last night. I was at a new low yesterday 247.2. I started a 5k training plan last week and last night I started to feel real hungry. Normally my 1600 calorie diet (1000 cal deficit) was filling me up. Adding a 500 to 1000 exercise calorie deficit was taking the weight off quick for a few days. Hunger won last night at about 11 when i was trying to get to sleep. That did not help the weigh in this am. At least it was a healthy late night snack. Today I'll add at least some of the ecercise calories in throughout the day. Hopefully that helps me do a lot better on weight loss next week.

Comments and or advice are appreciated.

Of COURSE you started to feel hungry. You were changing up your exercise routine in a way your body was not used to, and it clearly needed more energy to adjust. And your weight this morning is probably a combination of the late-night snack and water retention from your muscles recovering. Keep doing what you're doing - being consistent and patient are the hardest parts of every health journey.

There's going to be plenty of times when it feels like you're not moving in the right direction, but that's just a sign that your body is readjusting itself to do what it needs to do.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    August Week Two
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 211.4 (August 5th)
    CW (Current Weight): 208.4 (August 12th)
  • Gmcgovern41
    Options
    @seltzer_lover Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to have the support.
  • Gmcgovern41
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Love the feedback. What seems obvious to you was a real debate in my head. If only I would have got this kind of feedback years ago. Thank you.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I was in Maine for the week. Its probably not going to be pretty. We did a lot of eating out and drinking. I can feel the bloat. I did get a salad last night at dinner and one today for dinner. Trying to drink more water, I know I didnt have a lot over the last 2 weeks of vacation. I'm going to try to get to my zumba class tomorrow morning. I'm bringing my granddaughter to school then heading over. I just worry because it's my work they will try to talk to me. So I will try to give extra time. If I dont make it I will go for a walk. It's going to be hot here. Deciding what to do on my last days of vacation.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    week 2
    pw: 160.0
    cw 159.2

Finally hit my goal to be in the 150s again! Yay! Next mini goal to is get to 157 which would be my pre-pregnancy weight from this baby. (End goal is 147ish)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Username: Antiopelle
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 160,5
    CW (Current Weight): 160,9

Steps:
    Sun: 6.301
    Mon: 4.011
    Tue: 7.607
    Wed: 6.162
    Thur: 7.486
    Fri: 3.257
    Sat: 3.666

Well, that is a disappointment as it was going down nicely, and then I had a fight with a pizza and a packet of chocolate covered almond thins. They won. :neutral:
    I'm still flabbergasted as to how small things like that made me gain so much so quickly.

Anyway, this week should be better all over. I'm participating in a charity walk and the plan is to walk 50 km on Tuesday and 50 km on Wednesday. IF all goes to plan, that is 100 km (62 miles) in two days - that will be a lot of steps. We'll see how it goes though, as suddenly the weather is turning to hot and we'll have high temps on Thursday, not sure how it all will go. It sure will be a lot of steps to add next week :sunglasses:

A small update on the charity walk.
    I managed to complete the first day, the full 50k - 60.000 steps. Getting up in the morning yesterday, when all the adrenaline was gone, I realized I had blood filled blisters on my toes and my hip seemed to be fused at the joints. I had no choice but to quit, unfortunately. Hubby did the second day and he managed to gather 130.000 steps in two days - the full 100km. I followed him by bike to encourage him and also to get a little movement back in my hips. Regardless of the blisters, we had fun, we met some crazy people en we enjoyed being outdoors.
    hphg1etalihi.png
    (the fitbit km is a bit off, we really did 49,6 :smile: )
This discussion has been closed.