WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    @jugar My weigh in day is falling at a terrible time of the month for me. I am up 5lbs at the moment and it will level out in a few days. Can I skip my weigh in this week? It will look like I dropped a ton of weight next week if I don't. I have had several months in a row when I have dodged the big water weight day but it finally caught me this month. I still really hate seeing the scale jump like that. So hard.

No problem! Those occasional discouraging moments are worth skipping - but if it just falls again right afterwards, it is nothing to worry about.

@micki48
    Great photos! It sounds like you had a great time, even with a bit of wonky eating. Scallops are the best, though - lucky you! So back on track now - you know the drill... :smiley:

@wolfy1234
    No problem about the delay - great week for you! Well done - let us know how things are going besides just the scale when you have a minute. How are you hitting such a good loss two weeks in a row?

I had an amazing morning today with a good friend - first a lovely (and vigorous!) horse ride this morning for the first time in a while, then a swim in a river to cool off, and then some music playing. Hit all the best things. Of course, then I had to do all the garden work in the hottest part of the day :grimace: The heat is supposed to calm down now, and that will be good.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Evening all. Walked home from supper tonight.. just under 6KM. Brad stopped for groceries on the way home and he and I got home at around the same time. I love long walks the way he loves biking... he just went out for his ride. I'll go out once more for a short walk with the dog when it finally cools enough for her.

I started the 21 day complaint free challenge today and let's just say I've already had to switch the bracelet to the other wrist. Back at it!

Night all.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready to roll into Saturday? Let's wrap up the week in style. Here are all the remaining weigh-ins due:

@Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @JourneyAlone
    @evangsimmons170

and @PlaneMonkey on the maintenance crew. Thanks and good night!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    08/13 exercise - 30 minutes yoga + 12,524 steps
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in

CW 201.4
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We took the boat out today and the Gulf of Mexico was surprisingly calm even with Tropical Storm Fred passing through. We took a long walk on Honeymoon Island and then raced home as the storms started closing in. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
  • jugar
    Options
    @gak71
    Cool photo!! That must have been an exciting race home. I have had a few of those on horseback, but never in a boat.

@Gidgitgoescrazy @evangsimmons170 @happimess01 and @micki48
    OK, maybe those are not the weigh-ins you would like them to be. But as Vicki said, you're still here! Put some action in this coming week - words and thoughts won't do it. Put a closing moment on a meal - say you're done, and walk away. Log before eating, then stick to it. Tell someone you're making the perfect day happen and then do it - you all know what can help. Go for it! Everyone is rooting for you, whether it works or not :heart:

I am SORE today! I had not been riding for a while, and then I took out the BIG horse yesterday for a trail ride. I did not feel sore at all yesterday after riding, but today I am feeling it. The whole mid back is talking to me - all those muscles work a lot on a large horse over uneven terrain. I need to go more often! Can't wait to have my own horse again. Fingers crossed for next May...

Next week it is both my mother's and my son's birthday on the 17th. For many years we always celebrated that one together, but this will be the 2nd in a row where we cannot. I hope to find ways to make it good from a distance for my mom, and I look forward to my son coming up for dinner with a bit of cake here next Saturday. Carrot cake - with carrots from the garden :smiley:

Anyone need any zucchini? Beans? Tomatoes?
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @jugar Here’s my current weigh in.
    CW: 166.0

I’m having a hard time staying focused and trying to remind myself that in a few weeks and months I will see the benefits.
  • jugar
    Options
    Last call!
    @JourneyAlone hope you're there and can get your weigh-in done by 8 am Sunday morning (Eastern time). Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods sorry to hear it's cancer in your pup... glad he seems happy and well but still tough.

Our leg of the trailer park had a potluck tonight. I was very happy with my choices. Brad and I did a nice walk with the dog afterwards and the day felt like a success overall. Plus, nice day visiting with our trailer neighbors.

It was +34 at the peak of the day... smoke is returning here too as there was a new fire that started near Canmore.

@jugar I'd be jumping all over fresh garden produce if I were anywhere near you... 🤤

08/14 exercise -
    18 mins yoga + 9210 steps

Night all
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    WEEK THREE CHALLENGE MOVE MORE is up and ready for you! :)

jwa3imeay6n4.png
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    I’m going to take a pass for today. We had a late birthday dinner last night…
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @gak71 Very cool photo and a little scary as well. Glad you had a great day and made it back safely.

@jugar Oh how I wish I could have some of each of those veggies straight from your garden. We’ve only gotten a few Roma and grape tomatoes. No zucchini!! We’ve had the weirdest shaped cucumber. And I am finally seeing some peppers growing. This summer has been so hot, dry, then deluged with rain all at once.

@conleywoods Sorry to hear about your pup. Glad he is comfortable for now. That’s hard I know. Being stuck in the house because of smoke must be challenging but it sounds like you have a plan.

@ashleycarole86 You and Brad are so inspiring! Keep up the great work.

@YinxFed What lovely photos from your family wedding. You and Ben look like you’re having a blast.

@Gidgitgoescrazy @evangsimmons170 @happimess01 I am feeling what you are all experiencing as well. Maybe worse. But I’ve done some reading on the blog to psych myself up. I am calling this a “setback” but I AM still here.

My low since I started with Waistaways was momentarily 188 something. I quickly bounced back up to 196 and stayed there pretty much for the last year and a half. But in the last two months, I have managed to gain and arrive back over 200 pounds. I am not going to beat myself up or feel guilty. Didn’t we read that staying positive helps the journey? Set backs happen. It’s not a mystery. I have learned a lot, but I have not been careful and my steps are WAY off what they used to be.

I thought about changing my weigh in day for a new start as well. Still considering which day works best. I read about micro goals again and how achieving even small, small goals releases dopamine and helps you stick to it.

My goal for this week is to lose weight. I will get there by…

•increasing my steps each day to get to 8k
    •log each meal and close out my diary
    •skip sugary desserts (hello ice cream!) most days. Ok 4 days!
    •eat 1500 calories or less
    •eat a meat free meal at least once a week
    •get 250 steps an hour
    •drink that water 💧

Thanks for being here everyone. You inspire and encourage me! 💕💕

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Air Fryer ….. do you have one? Is it worth getting? Is it something you’ve used long term or more of a fad that you stopped using after a few months?

I’m trying to add some new recipes to our dinner menu and I’m wondering if an air fryer can help me do that.
This discussion has been closed.