General Discussion

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Debbie. Nice to meet you. *kitten* to all of that. Glad you've got such a good dog there! (and hubbie and bestie) to compensate for the rest of it.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie: Good job keeping the Great Pyrenees and the rest of the pack together. They're probably all sensing that you're on edge. Hopefully, fingers crossed, you will manage to sort all this out soon. <gentle hugz>
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    the guardians (the 2 pyrs) are working dogs, they are outside ... working at night (we live on a farm). they come in during the day (especially in the summer). cant blame them. lol during the cooler months they usually only come in to eat, maybe get some love, then go back out.

hagrid is just kind of a jerk sometimes. and a mamas boy. and if somethings not right with mama then hes more of a jerk. he wont hurt anyone, but hes still a jerk to them. hagrid always stays on the farm but holly, his older sister, travels with us. she loves people and attention (but when shes at work, shes at work! shes a good guardian and definitely the alpha). holly is the one in my profile pic. shes my baby.

i got an allergy test scheduled for tomorrow morning. bestie is taking me, we have to leave at 6 am (appt is 2 hours away). god love her. radiology wont reschedule my CT at all until i have the results (i tried ...). so either way, my doc will have to do it since he will either (a) have to send the insurance company PROOF i am still allergic to iodine and therefore they HAVE to approve the claim or (b) change the order in the system to the CT with the trace (right now it is without and radiology cant override that).

But I put up my halloween tree today (its only like, 12 inches tall LOL), so that was fun lol Last year I was in the middle of a REALLY deep depression and didnt do halloween at all. Its my favorite holiday. My husband knew I wasn't doing well, but when I didnt put ANYTHING out for halloween, he knew it was BAD. The only reason i did xmas was for my son and even then my (grown) daughter came over and put up my tree FOR me. otherwise, i dont know if I would have had the energy to do it. But, that was last year and I am doing much better this year. well, current health issues aside, but those are physical and not mental :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @rieraclaelin Glad you are back - I hope that means that you are feeling better?
    Looking forward to seeing you in the forums. You can do this. Take is slow and easy - no need to add any extra stress to life.
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    @rieraclaelin Glad you are back - I hope that means that you are feeling better?

Thanks!

Yes and no. Still have anxiety, but, it's getting a little easier to manage with meds at least! Will probably need help getting back into the swing of things on her :p
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Happy to see you back….I wondered where you had gone….looking forward to your progress!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Yes and no. Still have anxiety, but, it's getting a little easier to manage with meds at least! Will probably need help getting back into the swing of things on her :p

I have food/health based anxiety too. Currently not allowed to log on the therapists orders.

Welcome back!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Thanks!

I have food/health based anxiety too. Currently not allowed to log on the therapists orders.

Welcome back!

my therapist tried to tell me not to log.

pretty sure i spent the rest of the session laughing at her.

I never said I was a good patient.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've tormented mine too. She wasn't pleased with the weight loss - but whenever we talk I really love the alternate point of view she offers. Certainly helps me stay balanced and makes me feel even more determined to make this work. It honestly feels like we are both learning things through open conversations.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    My therapist is the one who pointed out to me that I basically gave myself an eating disorder with how obsessed/terrified of food and macros I had become.

I'm hoping that when I start logging again, I can just focus on calorie amounts and not worry about macros

calories are my focus. trying to increase protein and fiber but im all about calories lol
  • Athijade
    Options
    So got a question that I only really feel safe asking in this group since you all know more about my food struggles.

My therapist wants me to log my food, but not log calories/macros. It's sort of a step towards maybe calorie counting again in the future. She wants me to be able to see what I am eating and make note of things like why I ate it, my emotions while eating, and how I felt after I finished.

The problem is finding an app I actually like for this. So I was wondering, does anyone here know of any apps or sites that could help me keep track of that stuff that also doesn't focus on calories/macros?

I know it is a long shot, but thought I would try!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don’t have any experience with them but here are two I found doing a quick search.
    Ate Food Diary
    https://medium.com/youateapp/youate-a-new-take-on-food-journaling-without-calorie-counting-e8312235b786

Recovery Record

You could also make a google sheets page available through a google account

Or go old fashion with pen and paper.

Best wishes!

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    So got a question that I only really feel safe asking in this group since you all know more about my food struggles.

My therapist wants me to log my food, but not log calories/macros. It's sort of a step towards maybe calorie counting again in the future. She wants me to be able to see what I am eating and make note of things like why I ate it, my emotions while eating, and how I felt after I finished.

The problem is finding an app I actually like for this. So I was wondering, does anyone here know of any apps or sites that could help me keep track of that stuff that also doesn't focus on calories/macros?

I know it is a long shot, but thought I would try!

I did this when I visited a nutritionist, recorded what I ate without the calorie amount….I think it’s probably good therapy to actually write it by hand in a notebook…you can also record how you are feeling when you eat…good luck
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,636 Member
    Options
    Paper or electronic notebook or diary (diary app?) would probably be more suitable one would think???
  • Athijade
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions.

I am looking for something on the computer or phone because I have issues with one of my wrists/hands that make writing by hand difficult and painful at times. Typing is a lot easier.

I started using the Ate app, but I keep forgetting to take pictures of my food which sort of defeats the purpose of it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I don’t have any experience with them but here are two I found doing a quick search.
    Ate Food Diary
    https://medium.com/youateapp/youate-a-new-take-on-food-journaling-without-calorie-counting-e8312235b786

Recovery Record

You could also make a google sheets page available through a google account

Or go old fashion with pen and paper.

Best wishes!

thats how i would do it

you could even use notes on your phone or whatever similar app you have
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No "plan" plans...but have my grandson with me yesterday afternoon/tonight/Saturday and he is always the best brain/soul medicine in the world for me. (except that I'm up in the middle of the night checking in because the normal hours are toooo full! :)