WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I am really excited this morning. I found a place to get tested that will actually give me the results quickly enough to make it through the border! I was tested Friday but did not get the results in time to make it there within 72 hours of the test, but there is a brilliant place in Manchester New Hampshire that will do it and give me the results in time to get home tonight. Ahhhh. It has been a great time here at my dad's but I want to go home. It will cost me to have this test, but at least it is the right kind and it's fast. Yay!

I will have significant repair work to do on my diet when I get back, and might have to come back to the regular team for October. Stress eating has happened :grimace: At least I have had good walks.

OK - I'm packing up. Back online tonight I hope!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,151 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin Yes I do weigh daily, I record my weight in MFP every day and use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my average weight. However my weigh-in every Thursday is just whatever my weight was that day.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 okay! That's awesome - I love excel for tracking things like that. But I found weighing myself daily really affected my mood if I was up 😖
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - thank you so much for the kind welcomes! I really appreciate it!

Like my sister @kellie_erin said, I have recently had a lot of big changes in my life (moved to a new city, started a new job, etc) and I'm struggling to lose some of the weight that I put on in 2020/2021.

My new job involves a lot of travel and I'm only home on the weekends. So, during the week I am living out of hotels and at restaurants, and finding it very difficult to maintain any sort of healthy eating and exercise. My supervisor is also really big on us eating together as a team, so at the end of the day it feels like it's been a 14 hour day and not a 10 hour day.

If anyone has any tips for dealing with this, I'd love to hear some! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • jugar
    Options
    @bonnie_red
    I can relate to your crazy travel life - for six years I was responsible for all the international relations for the university where I worked. I travelled a lot, hosted visitors a lot, and ate out way too much. It was tough! It was in the last year of that job that I finally got myself under control and started losing weight. I tried often, but failed a lot until I finally found a system that worked for me. I had to strictly limit certain kinds of foods, make vegetables a very large % of my intake, and just say no without making it a big deal as much as possible. I'm only 5'1" (on a good day!). Waking up to the fact that I cannot eat as much as almost everyone else and gradually getting comfortable with a lower calorie load took a while. It helps to make it high volume, low calorie density, so that I can eat a lot of food without it being a lot of calories. Lots of fruit and veg, not much oil, etc. I think the closest well-known version is Mediterranean. It is not hard to find the right stuff in a restaurant, but it IS hard to resist all the wrong stuff!

Hang in there - check in here often, and hopefully you'll find your basic formula that is not too hard to stick with on most days, and you won't go too crazy on the days when that is difficult. Keep posting and let us know what you try, and what does not work as well as what does. Discovering what does not work is important too!
  • jugar
    Options
    I made it home! It feels great to be here. I'm not too happy with how I have been eating, but will get back on track asap. Travelling on nearly empty highway for the last 80 miles of the trip and making dinner in my own kitchen were both very calming.

We are trying a new idea for October here in F2F. If you'd like to try another team for a month just for fun, something different to keep you on track (new people to impress!), or just a different team style and character, go for it! After the month, you can come back here, try yet another one, change to the one you found - whatever feels great to you. I know that each team has a slightly different character, and new people get assigned kind of randomly, unless they request a team. But there is no reason not to try out another one just to be sure you have found the right fit, or to shake things up a bit for a while. Let me know if you'd like to do this! You can get an idea of the other teams by visiting their team chats any time. Of course, there is no need to move around if you are super happy here :smiley: but it could still be like a semester abroad or something.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @jugar Welcome home!! You guys are rockstars for coordinating team swaps.. that can't be easy to manage!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods Will be fun to follow your journey with WW and how it impacts the quality of your food decisions!

Exercise catchup:

09/26 - 8,917 steps
    09/27 - 17,289 steps + 15 minutes Pilates + 14 minutes yoga
This discussion has been closed.