ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    09/13 exercise:
    23 mins yoga + 8376 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit so glad everyone is feeling better

@Kali225 oh man does that trip ever sound lovely!! Filled with some much fun

@jugar saw a meme online today that reminds me of you.. something about "teach a man to garden and his neighbors will all have tomatoes".. overwhelming to have such a plentiful bounty I'm sure, a blessing and a curse...you r veggie meals have all sounded so lovely this summer though

@micki48 how goes the job search by the way?

I'm beat! That's all I can muster but it's so nice hearing what everyone has been up to.

And thanks again to all for the supportive words. It's so nice to be part of a great group.

See you tomorrow!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    CW: 216.4

Welp. Feeling pretty tired from the travel day home, although I think I got good sleep. I feel behind on the week already since I haven't meal prepped or shopped yet, but hoping to do that tonight. A quick & easy dinner on the horizon I hope.

Work has been so frustrating lately. I think it might be time to update the resume and dip a toe in the job market waters. What an exhausting thought though!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    uiujxu5ci4qx.png

Happy Tuesday, Team! We're on the brink!

So far all this week's weigh-ins are in the red! So what do we do? Step back, regroup, and try to turn things green by the next weigh-in. Even if it is only a tiny amount green, that will do it.

I know logging is a drag. I don't always do it, but it is always the thing I come back to if I have been slipping too much. Missing out on yummy things is a drag. Taking a few minutes to think about it, visualising how you'll feel after eating those foods we tend to overdo, or taking a few deep breaths can sometimes help us hold on and find a better way to feel yummy. You know the tools - put them to use, and the lovely feeling of healthy habits, disappearing flab, developing strength, and all those beautiful things will be back and you'll be on top of the world instead of falling off the edge of it. You've got this!

If you have already weighed in this week, you have until next week to turn it around. If you haven't, do what you can! If you are doing great (we're looking at you @bowens73 @kellie_erin @evangsimmons170 @ashleycarole86 @happimess01 @TessieMac833 ) keep leading the way! (BTW - @TessieMac833 just hit 50 pounds gone - hats off!)

I admire you all! It is so good to have you around :heart:
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @TessieMac833 !! That's a huge accomplishment!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @Kali225 Oh my, if you do manage to get your resume out there, let me know.. I toy with that idea every so often but then I get tired just thinking about it and don't even go down that road...

@TessieMac833 Amazing milestone, CONGRATS!

@jugar I love that pic of the teetering house... good little chuckle (but with a great message too!)

Back soon with the week 2 step results! B)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS SEPTEMBER WEEK 2 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

photo-1590764258299-0f91fa7f95e8?ixid=MnwxMjA3fDB8MHxzZWFyY2h8NHx8bWVkYWx8ZW58MHx8MHx8&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=800&q=60

# of participants – 5

WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @Kali225 119,650
    #2 @YinxFed 102,445
    #3 @ashleycarole86 75,193

WEEK 2 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    #1 @Kali225 7/7
    #2 @ashleycarole86 5/7
    #3 @YinxFed 4/7

Congrats to the following step challenge teammates who laddered up this week (increasing step count in week 2 over week 1):
    @YinxFed
    @Kali225

And to those who had their biggest day of September fitness yet in week 2:
    @ashleycarole86 09/05
    @Kali225 09/08
    @YinxFed 09/11

Together, we walked 395,579 steps this week! This is equivalent to 12 of the Thames Bridges Trek that @YinxFed did last week! (Looked it up by the way and it looks like they have so many different events – makes me want to see if there’s any walking specific challenges like that near me!)
  • jugar
    Options
    What a day - I had everything from mowing to a revelatory physio/osteo appointment, went to an election debate for those running in our riding, had a good Pilates session, and burned some spaghetti squash. Actually it isn't burned, just overdone and it will taste fine - but the juices that ran out of it sure burned. No harm done - I just went off to the debate without turning off the oven... Luckily the tall guy was home and shut it off.

Great job steppers! I'll be back with you soon - just needed a break from the tracker thing. I get fed up with it from time to time, but then I get over it.

So - heads up for Wednesday people! Here we are heading into hump day already. Let's go -
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy

running a bit late:
    @Terytha
    @lovethyneighbor
    @TessieMac833

Post some news along with the numbers - we all love news :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good morning all! I am porch sitting with my coffee and trying trying to catch up before the little busy one is here shortly.

I started my day with 11 minutes of standing Pilates. I will probably take a slower walk and have a little dance party later. We had a 40 minute dance party after dinner last night and taught Juliet the Chicken Dance. She giggled the whole time. 🐥

I’ve been a messy logger the last few days, but I’m logging all today. My scale is down a bit today. I will probably weigh in tomorrow a day early because we are headed back to my son’s apt at the beach to watch his kitties.

@KellyBgetsfit Awwwww you are so sweet. You will be a great grandma preschool teacher some day. It’s so much fun. But I do look forward to her getting that vaccine so she can be around other children. It’s been so long, I’m getting worried how this may effect her. I know kids are resilient, but this is crazy. Anyway, Kelly glad you are feeling better and hope Mable is ok. 🙏🏼

@TessieMac833 Congratulations on hitting 50 pounds lost!!!! Great job. 🎉🎉

@kali225 Glad you had a fun trip to NC.

@conleywoods I love how you and your husband do such sweet and healthy activities to nurture your relationship. Such a great example to your children!

@ashleycarole86 Thanks for asking about the job hunt for my daughter. Unfortunately, she still has nothing and is reaching the point financially of time to be a barista. We read an article the NYT about how algorithms control the processing of resumes and how some perfectly qualified candidates never have their resumes seen because of it. The algorithm especially doesn’t like gaps in work history, which is wonderfully unfair to people who have to take time off for babies or elder care or a pandemic. She is thinking she will bite the bullet and go into further debt to get some new archivist certification at Simmons, which I believe is in Massachusetts. Luckily it’s online but still $20k!

Oh, the Balanced Life Pilates that a few of us here subscribe to is having a free week of 15 minute workouts next week. Anyone interested in trying it? Let me know and I’ll leave the link. Those who already do —@jugar, @steph1498 want to be accountability buddies?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @TessieMac833 your job sounds very stressful, so congratulations on your loss!

@KellyBgetsfit I hope Mabel is doing better. I adore that name!

@micki48 sitting on the porch with coffee sounds super relaxing. I'd love to do that. Maybe this weekend if it's not too cold.

I'm exhausted today and just want to vent. Tuesdays are not fun: work 7-4, gym 4:30-5:30, class 6:30-9:15. And commuting time between all of those. Luckily my class is online so I can eat during it.

I'm worried about this weigh-in. I've been dealing with stupid school stress (trying to switch from one master's program to another and there's a deadline on Thursday that I'm trying to meet and part of me wants to scream with frustration at my supervisor because if he'd just been ON TOP OF THINGS LIKE HE HAD THE WHOLE SUMMER TO DEAL WOTH THIS then I wouldn't be dealing with it at the last minute). My hubby cooked us meat last night (we usually cook a bunch of meat then our suppers consist of leftover meat and salads because we're both so busy), which is wonderful, but he used a different seasoning combination which made it saltier than normal. And I'm at a time in my hormonal cycle that makes me hold on to water. So stress, salt, and hormones are all going to make it tough for a big loss this week.

Anyways, vent over. Sorry to be a downer. I'll try to be less negative in my next post!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well today I decided to go out on a short walk with my lovely next door neighbour - it was good to exercise my legs once again. Especially as I haven't felt like working out before now. We have decided to do a walking challenge together next year- most likely in the Cotswalds which is quite near to us. We have decided to stay somewhere over night and make a weekend of it. It's not been rubber sealed yet, so it may well be that we do the challenge at another location, as @ashleycarole86 said, there are several challenges to choose from.

To be honest, I've felt a bit sluggish since coming home on Sunday - but it's likely that this is just due to me being super-tired.

Don't apologise for venting, @kellie_erin , that's what we're here for. And I think that if I was in your position I would feel just as frustrated.

@KellyBgetsfit - kisses to Mabel, I hope she feels better soon.

@micki48 I don't have a porch, but you have inpired me to get a nice hot cup of coffee. It's begun to get quite chilly.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday, friends.

Yx
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I would love to be accountability buddies with you. I’ve been trying to not run so much and keep my heart rate lower with walking instead. Pilates would be a great addition. How do you suggest we stay on track?
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Oh, the Balanced Life Pilates that a few of us here subscribe to is having a free week of 15 minute workouts next week. Anyone interested in trying it? Let me know and I’ll leave the link. Those who already do —@jugar, @steph1498 want to be accountability buddies?

I'm totally up for being an accountability buddy. I'm back to really sticking with it every day after a period of sloppiness, and it sure feels good. I might be travelling a bit next week, so this would help me carve out those short workouts no matter what. I suggest we use text messages, but I'm game for any kind of messaging that is not MFP - the mail system on here is seriously wonky. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm worried about this weigh-in. I've been dealing with stupid school stress (trying to switch from one master's program to another and there's a deadline on Thursday that I'm trying to meet and part of me wants to scream with frustration at my supervisor because if he'd just been ON TOP OF THINGS LIKE HE HAD THE WHOLE SUMMER TO DEAL WOTH THIS then I wouldn't be dealing with it at the last minute). My hubby cooked us meat last night (we usually cook a bunch of meat then our suppers consist of leftover meat and salads because we're both so busy), which is wonderful, but he used a different seasoning combination which made it saltier than normal. And I'm at a time in my hormonal cycle that makes me hold on to water. So stress, salt, and hormones are all going to make it tough for a big loss this week.

Anyways, vent over. Sorry to be a downer. I'll try to be less negative in my next post!

Never apologise for a good rant! I would say that this one rates about an 8 - you used all caps for a bit, you made mild strikes at your hubby, your hormones, and the existence of salt - well done! This stuff happens, it drives us crazy, and venting or ranting about it is extremely helpful. And fun. And powerful. It is not negative - it is strong!

Of course, then after your fabulous ranting and raving, you have to get on with it. Maybe it will be a bad weigh-in, but you learned to remind your hubby to lay off the salt, and to forgive your own hormones, and to breathe a bit more when the stress is bad. You've got this! Hang in there!

@KellyBgetsfit @YinxFed
    Hugs to the adorable Mabel, rest to the ever-moving Yinka!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Mabel stayed with Grandma today and I think she is doing better. Thanks for all the well wishes. Today I worked out, meditated, logged, and stayed under my calories (fat was a little high). I still need to do a journal entry. I am feeling centered.
  • jugar
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit
    That is good news - sounds like a terrific day. :heart:

Things are looking a bit more green today - good job!

Still due through today:
    @Terytha
    @lovethyneighbor
    @nat_meister
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @MoStacy

Thursday folks - are you ready?
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973

Thanks!