WaistAways - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 147.8
    CW 147

Yesterday was a chaotic start to my day. Someone woke up very early and was very grumpy. I wish I could make her sleep in!!! I am a little disappointed in myself because I will probably end this month in the red, but I noticed I started the month with a pretty big drop and then we all get sick and everything. I am still not getting in all the workouts I want. I am logging, my calories are in a deficit but I definitely need more protein to balance my macros.

@Jugar I hope you are enjoying your visit with your dad. The picture looks great.

@conleywoods do you think the SE program at your school is a mess? I am proud of our program, but we haven't been able to hire a small group teacher this year and I have 3 students who are supposed to be in small group. One of them will probably have his time adjusted to stay with me in inclusion half the day because he is doing really well.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a beautiful day today. All that rain pushed away the crazy humidity! I'm not sure who got it, but it's worlds better here today. First morning in my memory that it's actually cool and a bit chilly willy.

Day 4 of Pilates - done! My weight hasn't moved, but I know my core is stronger overall. My cat used to lay on me in the morning and it kind of hurt my organs. Now, she lays on me and it feels fine. A solid surface. I'm kinda proud of that because "I was born without core muscles." ;):D

My granddaughter will be over shortly. I have lots of ideas for toilet paper roll projects for fall/Halloween -- thank you Pinterest! And being a former teacher, I have TONS of supplies. Definitely want to get outside for a walk. I hope the cool has killed the nasty mosquitoes. They are brutal.

@KellyBgetsfit @conleywoods BIG HUGS to you both. This year is hard. I am hearing from all my teacher friends that they are "end of the year tired" already and have been crying often. They said it's harder than last year. So know that I see you, and appreciate all that you do for your school kids on top of being terrific moms for your own families. You two ROCK!!!!! <3

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 208.4
    CW 210.4

I can honestly say that nothing was different this week... my weigh in last week was a low day and my weight has been up every day since. Just one of those weird body weeks I guess. My average weight for the week continued to trend down.

Today is the start of my second maintenance break which I've been taking every 16 weeks since I started in a deficit, so a couple more red weeks are likely.

Pilates Day 3 was a lot of fun yesterday, finding some muscles that are enjoying being woken up! Brad and I also went on a 60 KM bike ride from Canmore and through the Lake Minnewanka loop north of Banff, to Banff and then back. There were some good hills... it was a super fun day one of vacation.

If we are lucky we will be doing a day trip with some dear friends of ours today, but the husband is going through cancer treatments so it will depend on how he's feeling. Otherwise we'll have to see what kind of adventure we get up to.

First up will be Pilates Day 4 and compiling the step report.. be back shortly with that!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    WAISTAWAYS SEPTEMBER WEEK 3 STEP CHALLENGE RESULTS

pexels-photo-9220444.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=750&w=1260

# of participants – 5

WEEK 3 TOP STEPPERS
    #1 @KellyBgetsfit 83,567
    #2 @ashleycarole86 81,723
    #3 @Kali225 62,605

WEEK 3 TOP CONSISTENT STEPPERS
    Days meeting daily step pledge
    #1 @ashleycarole86 7/7
    #2 @Kali225 6/7
    #3 @KellyBgetsfit 4/7

Congrats to the step challenge teammates who laddered up this week (increasing total step count in week 3 over week 2):
    @ashleycarole86
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @micki48

Together, we walked 308,610 steps this week! While this is a bit lower than our usual, there is still lots to celebrate. Consistency, for one! Also, coming back from challenges.. whatever we’re all facing.

@Kali225 recently pledged to increase her daily step count as well, so kudos to her!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I'm having a frustrating Thursday so far - my appointment for the covid test I need to get back into Canada was cancelled and it is proving very difficult to get another one. The few I have found have a 3-5 day wait for results and I really want to go home tomorrow or Saturday! I'm still searching and my sister @EvMakesChanges is on the hunt as well. Hopefully we'll succeed :grimace:

I had a terrible (FUN) eating day yesterday, but am back on the S&N today - and had a beautiful walk along the beach with the dog early this morning.

Great job on the lovely green weigh-ins! And the small bits of red are mere blips - look at the full month total @ashleycarole86 and worry not.

Back later!
  • micki48
    Options
    Logged all my food and I
    am under calories. Had a dance party and ended up over my 8k goal. Did my 16 minutes of Pilates. Played outside for an hour. Could not get my grand to nap 😴 and went and got mums for my porch.

Oh…and today was my 1,000 day logging into MFP!! Yay!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not having a strong week - workouts have been okay but work got crazy today and some random errands interrupted my nicely planned schedule. Snacking has been so wonky, it's frustrating.

I am still excited for the Cape this weekend but sadly the forecast is scattered thunderstorms the whole time. Booooo. Still bringing beach gear and being optimistic. But also packing 3 books.

It's late but I feel like I have a lot to do tonight. Packing, some laundry, tidying up. Going to down some water first, I feel like the weather lately has been making me more dehydrated.

On a brighter note, one of my errands involved a Target run tonight and I could NOT resist the Halloween aisles that have sprung up; bought a little plastic skull for my mantle and a wooden sign for my apartment door that says Happy Halloween. It's only the second day of fall but I am READY.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Yes, I feel like my school is a mess. I usually feel very proud of my school and we have an excellent reputation in our area. We completely overhauled our programs and I don't think a single teacher feels good about what we're doing for kids. A little heart breaking and we already lost three awesome teachers who left for other jobs. Hopefully it will sort out soon. I hope your school fills the open position. That's hard. We have all of our teacher positions filled but we are really short on aides.

@Emerald_Storm Sounds like you had a great visit with the dietitian! Glad you are getting some guidance.

@jugar It is ridiculously hard to get a covid test. I had to put in a lot of effort to get one for my son earlier this month. Hope you find one soon and good luck.

@bowens1973 and @ashleycarole86 It's always a bummer to have a gain. You guys are always doing great and this isn't a big deal.

@micki48 Thanks for the kind words. It is a strange school year again. Glad you are getting your pilates and art projects on. Hooray for abs too!

@Kali225 Have an awesome trip. Hopefully you can put the busy week behind you and get some R & R.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the news today - reading all your news and thoughts is a wonderful way to end the day. I'm so glad your appointment with the dietitian went well @Emerald_Storm They have heard it all and probably have some great approaches that help people change their eating habits for the better painlessly. Keep with it and let us know how it goes!

I got a test for Friday morning, so even though I will need to stay here for a couple more days, it is OK - I had another lovely day with my dad today, and plenty of good laughs. I'm tired now and heading for bed as soon as I pester the Friday people :wink:

@Pearl4686
    @conleywoods
    @happimess01
    @gak71
    @Steph1498
    @JohnPetelle
    @kellie_erin
    @ellz_runs
    @Micki48

Thanks!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    PW 88.4
    CW 88.7
    I am happy with this as we had a huge family gathering this week and a lot of food. So all things considered this is a win. I have started my last year of training towards my new career and that feels good. Hopefully, once the year settles into a regular routine, I will get back to tracking and working out. In the meantime, I am just trying to be more mindful.
    Have a lovely weekend all <3
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Friday weigh in

CW 201.1
    PW 201.9 (I think)

Happy Friday!! @jugar So glad to hear you were able to get an appointment for a test. So frustrating. I thought we were past that. There are signs all over the place here at CVS. Maybe it's more-so for getting vaccinated.

It's another beautiful day here. I'm going to try and get out for a walk before Juliet comes over. She is spending the night tonight. She has plans for us; dance party, movie, popcorn and who knows what else. My daughter has a zoom interview in the morning for customer service for Lands End. Not what she went to school for obviously, but at this point, a WFH job that gives her a paycheck.

Completed my full week of Pilates! I'm going to try to keep up with 15 every day instead of MWF. We'll see. Need to also get more walks in.

@Emerald__Storm Thanks for sharing your dietician's plan. It sounds like great advice. I'd love to hear how it goes any adjustments that happen over the weeks ahead.

Off I go...Have a great one everyone!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Exercise stats for the last two days -
    09/22 - 15 minutes Pilates + 213 minutes biking + 3978 steps
    09/23 - 15 minutes Pilates + 10326 steps

Really enjoyed the Pilates intro @micki48 ... got something different out of each session so thank you SO much for sharing that with the group!

Today I started with Day 5 of the Pilates challenge, did a quick yoga session, and now I'm just waiting for Brad to finish getting ready and then we're off to the mountains to hike. Weather is supposed to be great today.

@conleywoods Hope you enjoy your time outdoors, with the stress of the week some decompression time will be nice.

@jugar Good news about the test.. phew, now to enjoy the rest of your time with dad <3
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    PW 182.2
    CW 181.2

I'm actually surprised I'm down given how awful this week has been. It sounds like it's been frustrating in some aspects for all of you. *hugs* all around. I know I feel like I could use one.

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but it would be so cool if I got into the 170s by the end of September (or for next week's weigh-in). It's interesting because now that I'm actually seeing the scale go down instead of up, I'm debating on making a weight loss goal for this year. Do any of you have a goal you're aiming for? I guess I'm just afraid of having a number in mind and then not getting to it. The fear of failure is real and something I struggle with constantly.
This discussion has been closed.