Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    It is beautiful. Southeast Alaska, especially so. I have cousins, from the South (US) who did a cruise years ago. They still send me photos of the Inside Passage, and I was born down there!! I love it, lol.😊
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/6 stats):

Steps: 3,795
    Floors: 9
    Calories Burned: 89
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 0
    Total Intensity Minutes: 655/150
    Early W/O: Rest Day😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 224.4

Sticking with your goals paid off. Great job!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Glad to hear things are getting back on track. I am sure the scales will reflect the changes you made. It has to be tough fitting exercise in with small children. Have you done any lake walks with your parents lately?

@Bluetail6
    Fantastic loss! It’s always nice to see pictures from we grew up. I love seeing all the pictures my friends and family post of Newfoundland. It’s the only thing that keeps me on Facebook. 😂

@luccianaff
    That is a nice looking fish! What kind is it? My husband has tried to teach me how to fly fish but I am hopeless. Love your positives. I haven’t been able to think of go to snack. I tend to eat the same thing over and over until I am sick of it. If I had to pick I would say an apple. For now.
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @luccianaff katieeeeee that looks SO FUN!! is there something protecting your legs? for some reason it is freaking me OUT to think of your bare legs dangling down there like tasty bait!

ummmmmmmmmm snacks hmmmmmm.....i really like to eat. at the moment, I am LOVINGGGG green apples liberally sprinkled with Redmond's Real Salt. Like now I want ANOTHER and I've already had 2.

@lindamtuck2018 that is good news!!! I hope you find relief soon!!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Glad to hear things are getting back on track. I am sure the scales will reflect the changes you made. It has to be tough fitting exercise in with small children. Have you done any lake walks with your parents lately?

@Bluetail6
    Fantastic loss! It’s always nice to see pictures from we grew up. I love seeing all the pictures my friends and family post of Newfoundland. It’s the only thing that keeps me on Facebook. 😂

@luccianaff
    That is a nice looking fish! What kind is it? My husband has tried to teach me how to fly fish but I am hopeless. Love your positives. I haven’t been able to think of go to snack. I tend to eat the same thing over and over until I am sick of it. If I had to pick I would say an apple. For now.

Thank you!! I haven't been on FB in a couple of years, lol.😁

Good Evening ... I just woke up from an 3 hour nap ... Leg is killing me even though I iced it ...It looks nasty all swollen and black n blue ... I will be resting all weekend doing absolutely nothing ...

I'm glad you are resting. When I had my bad sprain during the Summer, I took a combo of 400mg of NSAID coupled with 325mg of Tylenol. I did this 2x a day for 2 days. I made sure I ate something before hand. I also drank water, but didn't overdo it, cause hobbling to the bathroom was a pain, literally! For me, it was very helpful with the pain. I also made sure I elevated my ankle as much as possible. Sending you healing and positive vibes.🙂🧡 Lee
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are resting. When I had my bad sprain during the Summer, I took a combo of 400mg of NSAID coupled with 325mg of Tylenol. I did this 2x a day for 2 days. I made sure I ate something before hand. I also drank water, but didn't overdo it, cause hobbling to the bathroom was a pain, literally! For me, it was very helpful with the pain. I also made sure I elevated my ankle as much as possible. Sending you healing and positive vibes.🙂🧡 Lee

Thanks Lee ... I had to take one of my pain pills yesterday because it hurt soooo bad ... I try not to take them unless I really really need them ..I slept most of the day away yesterday ... today no pain pill but I did sleep for 3 hours ... I am not sleeping great at night ...I have my legs propped up when laying down
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    my favourite snack has changed! used to be crisps (potato chips?) now I love a good protein yogurt!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!! 😎

I gotta say, I feel like I'm a do nothing this week. I actually came home an hour early just so I can lay in bed. Both Calves throbbing. Same on and off pain that has something to do with my tailbone? Nerves? I don't know. That almost every day pain of late combined with the remanence of the cold has been making me very lazy. And I've haven't been putting up much of a fight in terms of pushing through and doing cardio, even though that would probably actually help loosen up my muscles/nerves and possibly alleviate some that pain?

In the big picture... This week hasn't been all that bad. Considering the cold, and all the walking around Toronto with said cold, and the decent burn on Wednesday and Leg day coming up tonight. It can still be good enough. So no matter what I have to get it done tonight. Cause tomorrow morning at 5am were heading off for Ottawa. And we plan to hike/walk on Saturday and Sunday.

I just want it all to go back to normal soon. That would be great, but part of that mean's I must get my head back in the game!

Have a great day guys! 🤗😆😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    @luccianaff katieeeeee that looks SO FUN!! is there something protecting your legs? for some reason it is freaking me OUT to think of your bare legs dangling down there like tasty bait!

ummmmmmmmmm snacks hmmmmmm.....i really like to eat. at the moment, I am LOVINGGGG green apples liberally sprinkled with Redmond's Real Salt. Like now I want ANOTHER and I've already had 2.

@lindamtuck2018 that is good news!!! I hope you find relief soon!!

That’s one thing I get jealous about people doing keto is the salt. I know you have to replace it but I love salt and your snack sounds like heaven. Unfortunately, I would wake up with so much water retention.
    Good Evening ... I just woke up from an 3 hour nap ... Leg is killing me even though I iced it ...It looks nasty all swollen and black n blue ... I will be resting all weekend doing absolutely nothing ...

Take it easy! Rest and ice!

jayenguk wrote: »
    my favourite snack has changed! used to be crisps (potato chips?) now I love a good protein yogurt!

Sounds yummy!

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING!!! 😎

I gotta say, I feel like I'm a do nothing this week. I actually came home an hour early just so I can lay in bed. Both Calves throbbing. Same on and off pain that has something to do with my tailbone? Nerves? I don't know. That almost every day pain of late combined with the remanence of the cold has been making me very lazy. And I've haven't been putting up much of a fight in terms of pushing through and doing cardio, even though that would probably actually help loosen up my muscles/nerves and possibly alleviate some that pain?

In the big picture... This week hasn't been all that bad. Considering the cold, and all the walking around Toronto with said cold, and the decent burn on Wednesday and Leg day coming up tonight. It can still be good enough. So no matter what I have to get it done tonight. Cause tomorrow morning at 5am were heading off for Ottawa. And we plan to hike/walk on Saturday and Sunday.

I just want it all to go back to normal soon. That would be great, but part of that mean's I must get my head back in the game!

Have a great day guys! 🤗😆😊

Do you have access to a pool? It’s the best place for pain free exercise. I know it’s a pain in the butt having to book times right now. For some quick pain relief with my back, I put on the tens and a heating pad. Another thing I do is lie on my back on the floor and put my legs over a chair or couch. I usually put an ice pack underneath. Anyways, I hope it settles down soon. Have a great weekend. Are you going to have some turkey while you are there?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday check in
    ✅ Steps 11k daily (steps and converted steps)
    ✅ 554/500 Zone minutes
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

PW 199.8
    CW 198.6

Nice surprising loss! With a binge on Tuesday and a couple days wither higher calories I was nervous. Now to not do too much damage when we have Thanksgiving on Sunday.

I went to the pool after I got home from my appointment. I had a decent swim and workout. With the workouts I am learning different exercises to do. I have quite a few pool workouts pinned on Pinterest so I hope to learn more. Yesterday I figured out a way to make my flies more effective in the pool.

Today is busy. I am going to the pool, coffee with friends and catching up on housework.

Happy FriYAY!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Swim
    25 minutes moderate = 4,350 steps

Pool weight workout
    27 minutes moderate = 2,700 steps

Total converted steps: 13,090
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fun FriYAY

Share anything you like. Some ideas are a funny weight loss story, funny weight loss meme, a rant, maybe a NSV, workout photo, weekend plans or anything that you want.
This discussion has been closed.