Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? It’s the best place for pain free exercise. I know it’s a pain in the butt having to book times right now. For some quick pain relief with my back, I put on the tens and a heating pad. Another thing I do is lie on my back on the floor and put my legs over a chair or couch. I usually put an ice pack underneath. Anyways, I hope it settles down soon. Have a great weekend. Are you going to have some turkey while you are there?

I have taken your advice this morning.... Heating pad applied for over an hour, and Current Dr. Ho is busy massaging the area. It seems to be working to some degree. 👍

• luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thanks! I was so excited! It's a rainbow trout. I am really good at lake fishing for trout but not so good any other way. Haha

@WTGNicole
    It's sooo much fun! Unless it's extremely windy then it's not so fun. Haha Yes I have waiters on. The water it cold this time of year so I have leggings and fleece pants on under that too. It's funny I've been fishing like that since I was probably 8ish and still sometimes creep myself out on the water. Even though I know there isn't anything big down there. Stupid brain!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm sorry your leg is so bad. I hope it gets better quick! I'm glad you are resting and taking it easy.

@Poobab1972
    Nerve pain is the worst. I hope you can find something that relieves it. Rest days are good to have too.

@shortyjmorgan1
    She is a doll!!! Mine have been waking me up around that time too. I try to ignore them but they really insist.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,393 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm sorry your leg is so bad. I hope it gets better quick! I'm glad you are resting and taking it easy.

Thanks Katie :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Another wet and wild friday.

Check in for 10/7:
    Steps - 2259
    Calories - 1479 or so. Forgot the number after 2 minutes.
    Exercise - gym. 9 machines but no cardio. I was feeling 'weird' during the machines. Couldn't pinpoint it though. Felt fine later.

Going to a harvest festival today. Lots of booths with homemade stuff. Luckily it is inside since it's raining outside all day. We have to walk a bit to get inside though. I don't have a jacket that fits anymore.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Check in 10/7:
    Steps 17,503✔️
    Track ✔️
    Meditate ✔️
    Hooch free ✔️
    Positivity ✔️

Need to stay on track through the weekend 🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1
    She is very cute!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Nice loss!

@luccianaff
    I always get my days mixed up. They are pretty magnificent animals!

@MJ_Keto
    Getting closer to goal. Well done!

@rwood566
    Awesome loss! Nine machines sounds like a great workout! I guess having a jacket that doesn’t fit is a good thing.

@888Angie888
    You are doing great. I know you can be as strong the weekend as you have been all week.

• luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @MJ_Keto @rwood566 great losses! Well done!

@888Angie888 Looks like a great day! Good work!

@lindamtuck2018 I love that quote! 😂

My back pinched last night. 😭 I think it was a combination of sleeping in the camper and kinda babying my ankle while paddling my boat while fishing. I couldn't sleep hardly at all its been so bad. I can hardly move without it catching. Takes my breath away. I have soaked in a Epsom salt bath, used ice, heat, ibuprofen, CBD lotion, used the inversion table and had someone try to rub it out. I had to spend time in the truck today which isn't helping the situation. I should be able to relax when I get home though and tomorrow I start pet sitting again so I should be able to take it easy until it heals up. I always get so frustrated when I'm doing so well and then get kicked back due to injuries. I know a lot of you understand that frustration too. Such a bummer.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,393 Member
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1
    She is very cute!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Nice loss!

@luccianaff
    I always get my days mixed up. They are pretty magnificent animals!

@MJ_Keto
    Getting closer to goal. Well done!

@rwood566
    Awesome loss! Nine machines sounds like a great workout! I guess having a jacket that doesn’t fit is a good thing.

@888Angie888
    You are doing great. I know you can be as strong the weekend as you have been all week.

Thanks Linda :)
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    Me when I do any workout!
    That is so me when I do any workout too! I break it down by minutes, or laps, or 1/4 miles... anything to make it seem more doable.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    luccianaff wrote: »
    My back pinched last night. 😭 I think it was a combination of sleeping in the camper and kinda babying my ankle while paddling my boat while fishing. I couldn't sleep hardly at all its been so bad. I can hardly move without it catching. Takes my breath away. I have soaked in a Epsom salt bath, used ice, heat, ibuprofen, CBD lotion, used the inversion table and had someone try to rub it out. I had to spend time in the truck today which isn't helping the situation. I should be able to relax when I get home though and tomorrow I start pet sitting again so I should be able to take it easy until it heals up. I always get so frustrated when I'm doing so well and then get kicked back due to injuries. I know a lot of you understand that frustration too. Such a bummer.

Ugh, that is so frustrating! I'm so sorry you are in so much much pain, AND you can't do what you want to do because of it. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Rest and time will make it better! Be patient, and this too shall pass!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Which Apple Watch did you get?

@Bluetail6
    Really like your positive thoughts especially the first one. Awesome NSV!

@Poobah1972
    That’s some pretty good cardio this morning. Watch out for your fingers also. I sprained my finger doing Medicine ball slams. I am pretty clumsy though. Hope Lynn feels better soon.

I ended up getting the SE, still learning how to use it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    luccianaff wrote: »
    @MJ_Keto @rwood566 great losses! Well done!

@888Angie888 Looks like a great day! Good work!

@lindamtuck2018 I love that quote! 😂

I definitely understand back pain. I sometimes lie on the floor on my back and put my legs over the couch or a chair. I put a ice pack under my back. I get some pain relief this way. I also use a tens machine with a heating for pain relief. It might be worth a try. Do you find the cbd lotion helpful at all? I haven’t tried that yet. I hope your back heals soon and you can get back to being active.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    10/5 2,796
    10/6 2,363
    10/7 5,435

These steps are from the phone health app so low but oh well probably isn’t significantly higher siting in meetings all week. Food didn’t get much better either but home now and have a quiet weekend to get stuff done.

Hope you have a great weekend! Do you have to travel much for your job?
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In Day: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 156.9
    CW: 156.7

I'll take it any loss considering I didn't stick to my diet several days this week. 😬 Back on track now though.

Also, @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970 I believe I should've had 5 weeks in the green for September. Can you check on that please?
This discussion has been closed.