Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 I am also on 4 fish pills a day. My ldl is going back up but is just over 100. I refused statins when the dr offered. Hope you can work with the dr.

Rwood566
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 263.8
    CW: 261.6. -2.2
    LTD: 305 LB in 31 months
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @tahm42 I am also on 4 fish pills a day. My ldl is going back up but is just over 100. I refused statins when the dr offered. Hope you can work with the dr.

Rwood566

Great loss :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thursday check in
    ❌Steps 11k daily
    ✅Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately
    Zone minutes 231/500

PW 201.4
    CW 198.2

Yup, I am shocked too. The last 2 days my weight dropped. I haven’t had any nighttime eating for a few days so that helped. I am still pretty fatigued and yesterday didn’t help. Left the house at 11 and never got back until after 4. The memory testing was hard. I did pretty good. I just have a few areas with mild impairment. She said it is a combination of many things contributing to it. Things like having had Covid, sleep issues and the constant pain. She said it is important to try and get the pain under control but that is easier said than done. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure if I will get to the pool. I have a massage at 8 am which I will walk to and from. I meet some friends for coffee at 10 and I need to get housework done. The biggest thing is I am really fatigued.

Happy FriYAY!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 4,243

Sorry for the book!

Awesome loss...So looking forward to the day I see a 1 in front instead of a 2 on my weight
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/28: 14,563
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Mild rant warning.
    Got my blood work numbers back and my cholesterol has dramatically risen. The only thing I can think of is the Keto ish diet I have been on. I actually read my results before the nurse called. Her tone and attitude was like she was scolding a child, because of that she triggered my mouth. I pointed out all of my fats were high but my ratios were normal. Silence... "he still wants to see you." Of course I said fine. I hope his first line is not "I want you on statins." Let me change up my diet again so I can lower my fat and check me again when I come in for my covid followup in January. BREATHING... So I am on day 2 of trying to turn those numbers around.

I am on a statin for high cholesterol. I keep bugging my doctor to take me off it and see the numbers. Unfortunately, when I found out I had high cholesterol I was not at the point where I was ready to change my diet. Good for you trying to mange it with diet.

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day-Friday
    PW: 238.5
    CW: 235.2 (loss 3.3 lbs)
    LTD: 11.8 lbs

Amazing loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »

Rwood566

Congrats on the loss! You LTD is fabulous.

Steps 10/28: 14,563

Nice steps! You are aiming for the top of the leaderboard in step challenge.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Amazing loss!

Thanks Linda ... I didn't eat much yesterday due the migraine I had ...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    luccianaff wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight today of 143 today! Although not excactly the way I wanted to get here. I've been struggling for a couple days with a migraine and yesterday was horrible so I could hardly eat. I'm feeling a bit better today and am going to try and make sure to eat enough today.

I hope you all are doing well today. 💕

I also had a migraine yesterday and didn't eat much ..I am sorry we both suffer with them ...they suck
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 152.4
    CW: 150.4

My first goal is to be under 150 and I'm exciting to be approaching it! I also hope to enter 2022 at a healthy BMI - which, for me, is another 3.5 or 5.5 lbs depending on who you ask. I'm optimistic but not sure I'll hit that one, as I do plan on indulging on Thanksgiving and probably for a few days around Christmas.

I'm still not logging but being mindful. To your question @lindamtuck2018 I haven't checked anything this week, but I've stated pretty exclusively to foods whose calories and macros I know well. Those "old reliables."

I started accupuncture this week. I'm not sure I 100% buy into it, but I was impressed she hit 5 symptoms dead on with just one clue. Anyway, she believes I have a blood disorder (I did JUST get bloodwork that doesn't reflect that) and gave me a diet to follow.

That diet is no added sugars - I'm good there since I'm keto. She also wants me to more beef and be sure that it is pasture raised and grass fed. Okay. Here's the kicker ... no dairy.

I don't eat a ton of dairy, but what I do feels pretty integral to my routine. One tbsp of cream in my am coffee, a little butter in my scrambled eggs, and most of my dinners have either some cream or cheese. It's a tough one for me. That's eliminating two of the major food groups and feels pretty limiting, but I'm giving it a shot.

One thing I've learned is that we can adapt to lots of things that seemed outrageous at the onset.

I've had a yucky cold the last couple days and my little has pink eye. I'm pretty sure I ate more at maintenance calories than deficit yesterday and may do so today as well. I want to hit those aforementioned goals, but I'm trying to listen to my body when it tells me it needs a little more to fight this off.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    We all seem to be limping through the fall with health issues. Hugs to everyone and things will improve.

Went back to transplant hospital for a new cast. The one put on Wednesday had to be removed because I couldn’t walk in it. The new cast is a huge improvement.

Received new sweaters in the mail in a sz M and they fit! My drawers have been full of xl sweaters from 20 years ago. We all know that excuse. We won’t buy clothes until we lose weight. Yet here I sit wearing a 25+ year old sweater writing this. This past year has been expensive replacing all my clothing. Guess it makes up for the time of not buying any.

We take the Halloween candy that is left to church or to the employees at the local McDonald’s that we eat breakfast at. Usually get over a 100 trick or treaters but not sure about this year.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    MJ_Keto
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    PW: 137.2
    CW: 138.6

Grrr! I've been retaining water all week. Sorry team! I'm sure I'll have a drop next week, but for now I'm up in pounds!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Your November Chat is now available!

Please continue to weigh-in for October here (through Saturday). Go ahead to the new chat to introduce yourselves and set some goals for the month. What went well for you in October? What would you like to improve? See you there!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847528/downsizers-team-chat-november-2021/p1?new=1
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/28 stats):

Steps: 14,674
    Floors: 7
    Calories Burned: 994

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 23
    Vigorous: 168
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 191

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 1,015
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    I have a fun story I'll share tomorrow. I promise I'm not (don't mean to anyway) leaving you hanging. It has been a long, long day, and I'm ready to hit the hay. Hubs just asked me "who are you talking to?" Um, the computer...😳🤣

Yesterday (Thursday), I almost forgot to get my pick-up order from the grocery store. I was already home, so I really wanted to change into sweats before heading out again. Anyway, I decided to keep my nice clothes on. My truck was still warm, so I didn't wear a jacket. It was snowing out, but not cold. I'm in the store and all of a sudden, I hear, "Lee?"
    I turn around and see someone I knew, I knew but couldn't place... She said, "It's Sarah." I realized in that instant it was my Junior High School dance teacher. Yes, JH...😳 She just stared, then said "you haven't changed at all." "Are you still an athlete?" I could tell she was doing the math to guess my age... Anyway, I was gracious enough to say, "no, I workout a lot, and eat reasonably well."

In JH I took modern dance, was a sprinter, did the long jump, and high jump. I neglected to tell her that over the past year I've lost 50 lbs. and am continuing to get into better and better shape... She of course looked as tall and lithe as she ever had. I did tell her that. It absolutely made my day!! Trust me, I'm a few Klicks past JH!!😆🤣🤣
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    6t8ghxnri0nc.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    luccianaff wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight today of 143 today! Although not excactly the way I wanted to get here. I've been struggling for a couple days with a migraine and yesterday was horrible so I could hardly eat. I'm feeling a bit better today and am going to try and make sure to eat enough today.

I hope you all are doing well today. 💕

Congrats on reaching goal! Once at goal we move you to the goal section of the spreadsheet. I need a range for your goal zone. If you are out of your goal zone for 2 weeks in a row you move back to the main team until you get back to your goal weight. You still post your weigh in here and participate on the team chat. There is also a goal chat for those in maintenance. I have included the link. Feel better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat#latest
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone! (well should of posted this last night.)

Interesting day... Same ole situation at work. Still haven't made a full day of work, but after my lay down for a few hours I felt pretty decent. Leg workout was phenomenal not too much pain interfering which is nice. Got my goblet squats up to 65 pounds, which is pretty decent. But I'm not sure how much bigger I can go before hoisting the Dumbbell up into position becomes too difficult. Still can't wait for the Transformer bar to arrive, maybe just a few more week to wait at this point.

And after the work out and supper, I had my second hot bath of the day... And Lynn and I went to one of her friend's house for a visit. Their Mom's funeral was today. Lots of fun was had. Jan was the sweetest British lady I know, well second sweetest. 😉 hehe

Felt pretty good, not too much pain again... Had a great time, and I had my first Alcoholic drink of the year (with a diet pop).

All in all, a great day... And I feel kind of decent right now. So, who knows, maybe I'm on the mend? Doesn't hurt to hope right.

And yeah, my calories burns are still kinda off the chart. Especially considering I still haven't been able to do cardio and I'm still at pretty near 2000 cals today. (I'll take it!) 😄

Alright... late night for me. 11:24PM and I'm not in bed yet. WOWZER!

Cheers all! 🤗🥰

One guys who drank too much, at one point said asked his wife if I'm not a split image of his buddy Steve from across the street... Except they both agreed I was much more handsome and younger of course. Then we learned Steve was actually younger than me, which surprised the hell out of both of them. So yeah, it made feel kind of good. 😆

I was also bear hugged by a 6' 4" black man when we left... That also felt great. And no, it doesn't matter that he was black. But I'm a white guy living in a mostly white place, and it was my first hug from a black dude I ever got lol. So hey, it's news worthy okay! 😆 I bear hugged the crap out of him too of course. 🤗😎👍

qn5ompzi44dl.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Aqualang26
    Amazing loss! Mindfulness is really working for you. You are right we can adapt. I like that you planned out Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have thanksgiving in October and I did indulge. Christmas Eve I won’t be counting calories. I hope your cold feels better. There is always that old saying: feed a cold, starve a fever.

@Beautyofdreams
    Glad your cast is better. I bought all kind of new tops this summer yet I always see to grab my 3x’s which I swim in. Enjoy your new sweaters which you worked hard to fit into.

@MJ_Keto
    You will get a whoosh in the next couple of days. Water weight is a pain in the butt.

@Bluetail6
    That is amazing. You should be very proud of yourself. Love your quote!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    ❌Steps 11k daily
    ✅Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately
    Zone minutes 284/500

I will not meet my zone minute goal this week. I missed the pool three days due to the fatigue and appointments. I am off to the pool very soon for a quick swim and some stretching. We then have grocery shopping after that. Steps shouldn’t be a problem today and I have my eating planned out so staying within calories shouldn’t be an issue.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 6,819
This discussion has been closed.