Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    Yes, they did send me a "pre-cooking" picture so that I would not sneak in my own food before the offered pizza share arrived!!!!!
  • Today we are having patty melts for lunch and then tacos (hard and soft; my girlfriend has several teeth missing and finds the soft easier to eat) for dinner. Son is probably going to eat at my mom's house; he has an errand up there, and since he doesn't like Mexican much that works out just fine.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Tonight I had low carb 45 calorie tortillas filled with black beans,corn off the cob,onions,tri colored peppers,and hot peppers….mixed in 35 grams shredded Colby jack cheese and covered with a half cup of enchilada sauce….popped in the oven at 350 degrees for forty minutes…..so good!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    45 calorie low carb tortillas - any good?
  • conniewilkins56
    Janatki wrote: »

They are really good….I can’t tell the difference!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,242 Member
    Just gonna post my weekly plan here. Maybe that will make me more likely to stick to it! Because I ate out WAY WAY WAY too much last week. Like, almost daily. My stomach and my bank account both hate me for it.

Tonight I will be having leftover fried rice.

Tomorrow will be cheese, crackers, dip, chips and olives for lunch. Dinner will be steak, baked potato, and roasted brussels sprouts. It is Samhain so I will be "sharing" my meals with my ancestors and my deities. Especially dinner.

Monday is hashbrowns, eggs, and sausage for breakfast and dinner is honey mustard pretzel chicken, smashed potatoes, and green beans.

For the work week breakfast is oatmeal apple cake and yogurt and lunch is soup and salad with rolls.

Thursday dinner is cheese tortellini, italian chicken sausage, and broccoli.

Other days' dinners are leftovers.
  • conniewilkins56
    I had a package of 100 calorie almonds for breakfast and then shopped with daughter and grands for 3 hours…grabbed a wheat wrap and a dab of ham salad for lunch and hydrated with Diet Pepsi and water….thoroughly enjoyed deli fried chicken a leg and two wings and some slaw for dinner….so good!….coffee and 2 m&m cookies for dessert and snack….stayed under my calories, too!
  • PAV8888
    You high end foodies you.😘

Remember the red and yellow peppers I shoved in the oven on top of parchment paper and with a quick spray of oil before I left dad's place so that they wouldn't rot in the fridge?

I packed them in the glasslock container with a little bit of red wine vinegar.

And I just had some of the bestest pickled peppers to go with my 29 and 1/2 (2 bags) mini pretzels from the flights here

You know here's our logging question for the day! Do I get a refund for my half gram of pretzel that is missing?🤔

Because we know there should be 15 mini pretzels but one bag had 14 and 1/2🙀 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😹
  • Janatki

@conniewilkins56 - What brand do you buy & are they expensive? Thanks x

• conniewilkins56

@conniewilkins56 - What brand do you buy & are they expensive? Thanks x
    I use La Tortilla Factory but there are other brands….Publix has them buy one get one free a lot of the time…they are not real expensive anyway….a few dollars!
  • conniewilkins56
    I found a recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup in a magazine a few days ago….I bought a new slow cooker last week because the printing on the dial on our old one wore off and it drives me nuts not being able to read it….I kept it for meatballs for the holidays….anyway I have my NEW pot filled with diced tri colored peppers,onions,garlic,diced tomatoes,tomatoe sauce,seasonings,and 12 oz. lean ground beef….all I have to do is add a bag of success rice to it and dinner is ready!…

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    Ooooh Connie that sounds yummy!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    edited October 2021
    We have oven baked sausages, lots of veggies, gravy and two types of frozen roast potatoes for dinner, because we're doing a taste test on Waitrose goose-fat frozen roasties vs Sainsbury's beef-dripping frozen roasties in case they're a taste sensation and we can take the cheat's way out on Christmas day.

Since they both take 25-30 minutes to cook, we'll probably do as we always do on Christmas Day and make our own from scratch...but it's worth testing and it gives us a good excuse to eat roast potatoes!

But at least we've restrained ourselves from making another Toadie...
  • We are having pizzas (previously homemade and frozen) for dinner, as my left wrist is complaining badly any time I do anything with it involving holding weight or pulling. Yes I have a brace and I sleep in it but I can't type well in it. So I'll put it on when I do my evening reading on the couch tonight too.

Boyfriend can't eat pizza, but there's a new quichecake in the fridge (bacon, onion, spinach, Gouda cheese) that he's going to have a slice of when he gets up from his nap.

They are individual pizzas made on flatbreads from Aldi's, which makes a good crust. Mine is sausage, onion, and peppers, and hers is ham, pepperoni, and sausage, with onions and black olives.

When I cook my Italian sausage for pizza I break it up and cook it with an equivalent weight of ground turkey. It all looks the same when cooked, this really cuts the fat content down nicely, and the turkey gets flavored by the pork so that it's very tasty. So whenever I use sausage on pizzas or such, that's what I'm using.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited November 2021
    Today's meals are chicken and jalapeno quesadillas, then pork chops with mushroom gravy and mashed cauliflower or wild rice pilaf, and green beans with cracked black pepper and bacon drippings. Plus a homemade roll with butter.

I'm also making more homemade bread rolls today. I freeze them and get them out as needed.
  • conniewilkins56
    Dinner tonight is olive oil “ fried “ chicken tenders, fresh green beans and leftover potatoes and carrots from daughters dinner last night….also a salad….
  • Janatki
    Veggie fajitas tonight - recipe for chicken, but substituted aubergines instead. Was lovely and 304 calories for a decent sized portion….. satiated!
  • PAV8888
    Jan that's good!

Colorful salad with rainbows and no sprinkles and a can of salmon. Wine Vinegar + mustard powder dressing😹

Laurie will love this: Discovered some frozen fry shaped carrots, parsnips and beets (president Choice next to the riced veggies and the beet spirals). 23 minutes in the oven, 500g, just under 600 Cal for the package.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    woohoo!!!!!