Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    @Athijade I hope you enjoyed every morsel of it.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,617 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The sausage was spicy Italian and it was shedding some fat in the pan which I applied on the corn that had none!

And in spite of the snickering, even if I were driving tactically, I wouldn't run over the little ol'prego lady ❣️😘😹

Had a lovely Bella colorful salad (1/4 left over for tonight) and a good sized ear of boiled corn. Had the butter in the freezer and rubbed my corn with frozen butter 😂😹😂😹 to the tune of under 1.5g. and made it 2g by pouring enough salt to feel my blood pressure mount 🥺
    not, medically, recommended; but tasty, and very few extra calories! 🤷🏻

0no3rul3f1wy.jpg

Perspective: salad is over 1700g of ingredients, or > 3.7lbs!😂
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was just a fiber one bar and a box of raspberries.
    Lunch was some leftover stir fry, to which I added some seitan
    Dinner was the last jar of last year's green beans, scallops, and baby potatoes. Delicious.
    This evening, I saved room for either a rootbeer float (diet rootbeer, low-cal ice cream), or a hot chocolate (skim milk, low cal/fat cocoa mix), depending on how hot/cold I am. Miserably hot outside still, but husband has the AC cranked so cold that I'm wrapped up in blanket :lol:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Left rest of salad uneaten, but I'm a good 330g into at 1 kg bag of cherries 🍒
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Your salad looks wonderful! I'll be there to help you finish it for dinner.

Yesterday, for late breakfast/lunch I finally had the go to scrambled egg and veggie meal that saw me through the last year. Don't know why I'm resisting so much! It has such mainstay power and powers me through the day for little more than 400 calories.

For dinner had the last container of veggie and white bean stew from the freezer....then made the next batch and put 10 new meal-sized containers back in the there (lots of veggies in the fridge that didn't see the light of day during my bad eating period).

Today will be a replica of yesterday.

( I hope )
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Heading OUT for a patio dinner tonight at dad's insistence 😨

So "cheating" by eating the left over salad I logged yesterday without re-logging it (I'm so wanting in the logging department: a regular rebel 🐹 😉) plus two extra large local farm boiled eggs that at 150g in the shell are closer to three large eggs in size.

I figure that should keep me going till dinner, which probably won't be earth shatteringly high (1.5-2k probably) given dad likes steak house type food, so we're heading to the Keg instead of all you can eat sushi or Indian where I could do some REAL damage! 😇
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    After my binge yesterday I am staying light today….baked pork chops and salad for dinner….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Change of dinner plans - woohoo! Son number two is coming so we are picking up middle eastern for him and son number one, and falafel for me. Dinner with my two boys - not much more I could ask for.

I'm working on my resolve to just have falafel balls, some pickles and tomatoes - no pita bread. If I start working on that idea now, perhaps I will build up the strength to stick to this plan before he arrives.

150-200 calories for the pita bread is really a waste. I could have a couple more deliciously deep-fried falafel instead - or some extra tahini sauce!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope your steak house patio dinner is fun and delicious, PAV.

Glad you are back on the train, Connie.

@eliezalot - you could split the difference and have hot chocolate with a scoop of low-cal ice cream!
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Breakfast today was some cinnamon oat Kodiak pancakes (with blueberries). Lunch was a quorn patty sandwich on toasted roasted garlic sourdough with a slice of garlic cheddar. Supper is salmon and leftover stirfry.
    I'm still hungry. I might eat closer to maintenance today if I can find something filling and worthwhile.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    I like the way you think, @lauriekallis ! I might just do that...
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    A bit much especially for non meat eaters... walk away fast!

My hamsters are currently in a comma and are not even able to comprehend how to count a loaf of bread (because there were FOUR of those... and butter and too much way too much meat (it was 10oz, but still).

Good Alberta beef... does remain really really good.

6naicewovpke.jpg
    axbhvdeloohm.jpg
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    So Sunday was, in the end, easily a +1000 day. Dinner being closer to 3k than 2k especially after considering bread and butter and a couple of drinks. For some reason the waitress was confused that I declined the Billy miner pie!

Today resting heart rate is up by 3, a bit more than 4.5% up from yesterday. Usually it moves by 1, at most 2 up or down at a time.

And weight up by 0.9% of bodyweight 🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I didn't realize until this go round of "messy" eating how much it effects your heart rate! Mine is usually 48-49...it has been around 54-55 the last 4 weeks.

Is it the extra calories do you think? I was thinking it was the refined carbs for me? That is the one thing that dramatically changed in my diet - I added crackers and naan breads. I ate a bit more - but most day not crazy amounts.

So much to learn!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    When you're at a deficit there's some degree of adaptive thermogenesis and change in base body temperature possibly extending for many into a rating heart rate decrease

When I was at the tail end of the 125 lb my resting was closer to 55 than 65

At least with myself at around 64 65 I'm either weight stable or it moves so slow that I cannot tell

Below 63 and at above 66 I can usually see the weight change if things stay consistently there

(Usually there is some adaptation before weight goes up too. You may be more willing to tap your foot or take your top off to dance because you're hot 😹🤣👍 however the resistance going up seems to be less for most of us than the resistance/time it takes to overcome no change when going down

At least for me heart rate goes up a bit maybe nails grow a bit faster for a few days and if the overfeeding has continued then weight goes up (I'm talking the trend here)

The other way around it can take a while of consistent small deficits before I see a trend change.

I don't think it has to do *much* with the type of food you're getting, though if you read the refeed and diet break thread, I think that you will find a better hormone recovery for your caloric buck if the refeed is mainly carbs as opposed to fats for example

So it could be an observation artifact in my case since I don't restrict carbs and I would think that my macros change only a little bit between a 2000 and a 4000 calorie day.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I don't restrict "carbs" - I just usually get them from other things - fruits/starchy vegetables - which I don't believe have quite the same effect on blood sugar? ( could be wrong here)

Next time I try a "maintenance" period - I'll bump up my calories without adding the refined carbs and see if that has the same effect on my heart rate.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Dinner tonight is pasta and sauce for husband but mine is with sliced Zuchinni and mozzerella cheese on top….
  • PAV8888
    Options
    So you can refeed for example with 100 extra grams of table sugar or 100 extra grams of potatoes. Excluding the fact that my own refeed would probably be adding an extra 100 g to the existing 150 of sugar 😹, I would bet that health-wise it would make more sense to do it with potatoes 😉😇
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Connie that sounds good!

Only annoying factor is the last two times I went to the grocery store the zucchini looked like someone had stepped on them a month ago! :disappointed:
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Connie that sounds good!

Only annoying factor is the last two times I went to the grocery store the zucchini looked like someone had stepped on them a month ago! :disappointed:

It was good!…I bought baby Zuchinni last week at the Produce Market…sliced 10 oz. long ways with skin on and layered like you would lasagna with sliced mushrooms, diced peppers and onions, Classico marinara and sprinkled with 2T. Parmesan…baked at 350 until Zuchinni was soft, about 35 min….I have almost given up “ real “ pasta because you get such a much bigger portion of this…

I really ate so much Fri. nite and all day Sat. that I was literally sick…not sure how being that full ever felt normal….but I have to keep doing it ever so often!…SMH….probably set me back two weeks again…..ugh