Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,619 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    It's at the 10-12 cup mark, not counting any out of the house 😲😰 the cups are not 250, though, they're a weird 150 or 175 ml size. I use 60g of grounds! 👍

I normally use water, sometimes unsweetened vanilla cashews. But I got these almond ones the other day and they don't need refrigeration before open.... And they've proven quite tasty and reasonable calories!

It did actually make it more tasty
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,624 Member
    Options
    A dish of spicy cabbage and beans fresh from the freezer - 125 g of those little ruby gem potatoes that are so quick and easy, and a veggie sausage - dressed up with roasted red pepper sauce and a spoonful of sour cream (again! - but need to use it up). Above my dream calorie count for the day - but a good healthy deficit and a full belly - and maybe the bender is nipped? (not in the bud - but before it becomes an all encompassing vine.)
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    defense in depth & fighting all the way: @goal is excellent; a bit short of goal is great; short of goal and at maintenance is good too; not too far above maintenance is OK too but let's mobilize some fighting hamsters & break out the unruly hamster trapping arsenal; heading higher it's time to bring out the emergency hamster reserves & fully deploy all tricks we've developed! As a friend used to say: its time for tactical driving--just avoid hitting any little old ladies crossing the street... or something close to all this! :sunglasses:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :D Yeah - what he said!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Breakfast today was a fiber one bar, yogurt, honey, and blueberries.
    Lunch will be an egg-white taco with guacamole and home made hot sauce.
    I wasn't sure about supper, but I have a ton of veggies to use up, so stir-fry it is! Ingredients TBD, but will definitely include eggplant, red cabbage, bell pepper, onion, and tofu. I have some rice noodles I can toss in if desired (let's be honest, they are always desired).
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    so far today, my fast breaking clementines and an amazingly delicious little green gage plum that was hiding in the fridge from the weekend. And right now - some delicious pumpkin and spinach "breakfast daal" with a nice dollop of greek yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and raisins - this feels really decadent. The freezer is bountiful at the moment :)

Supper? STBD - but probably eggs and veggies and ???
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am so out of synch this week with everything going on….my food has been in control but honestly I am feeling frazzled….we are having lean burgers for dinner but I don’t have a clue what else is going to appear on our plates!…oh well it is Friday 13…
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Channeling @Bella_Figura tonight with a rainbow stirfry (and feeling pretty proud of it!)
    ccooyfks8htu.png

From the garden: Orange bell pepper, serrano pepper, bok choy, 2 small stripey eggplants, thai basil, and garlic chives.

From the fridge: Purple cabbage, onion, red bell pepper

Cooked in toasted sesame oil and stir fry sauce, topped with chili oil.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    In the spirit of avoiding hitting old ladies since that MAY slow us down more... I've "discovered" a low low fat brie (blue menu).... a bit rubbery, I would say... but, but, but: 60 Cal per 30g... or 350 Cal for the whole mini brie!!!

Well... since we all know what a conservative eater I am (cause that's why I'm here)... 183g were consumed so far out of the 175g package between last night and this afternoon! :lol: And some crackers, tomatoes, and plumpricotts (or are they apriplums?) some sort of plummy hybrid!

fresh corn on the cob and chicken sausages or chicken breast strips... coming right up!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @eliezalot that looks amazing! Does this serve as your complete dinner - or do you serve it on "something"?

My egg & veggie dinner didn't materialize. I'm still battling. Brain/body/HAMSTERS are just being so stubborn. Instead I had half of the part bag of cocktail samosas I found in the freezer and 1/4 of a smallish watermelon. It is maybe a good thing. Tomorrow (no doubt) I will finish those samosas, and will not replace them any time soon. So that temptation is gone. I really want to buckle down and eat strictly whole foods for a few weeks and get the cravings under control - and then I'll start building "treats" back in.

Today was a kinda healthier food bender type of day - still eating too much for comfort, but not the standard binging fare so it is progress in its own weird way. And then I remembered I was giving myself a few days at maintenance - so all in all today is a win! I seek progress - not perfection (if only that were really true :D )

Walking has come to a bit of a standstill. Not sure why. Maybe the heat/maybe using all my energy not eating ... lol. I won't worry about it yet though. Even Laine - the furry one - is not particularly keen on walking. Tomorrow temperature is supposed to drop 10 degrees. We'll start the day with a good one in the cool morning air they are promising.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Thanks @lauriekallis ! It was delicious! I originally was going to cook up some tofu too, and serve it all on top of some rice noodles, but I was impatient and it already looked like so much food, so we just went with the veggies. Saved enough calories to have an ice cream sandwich for dessert!

Also I love samosas :yum::yum:

No worries about not walking in this weather either. Ick. Our heat index has been in the triple digits. I almost went for a walk this morning. But at 6:30, it was already 81 degrees and with 86% humidity. I took a nap on the couch instead.
  • eliezalot
    Options
    Oh no. I was right at my calories for the day. And then a mystery box showed up on my steps. A delayed Christmas present from my friend - the garlic themed gift box from her favorite local creamery. I already had half a package of garlic chipotle cheese curds with some roasted garlic sourdough and a drizzle of roasted garlic sesame oil.

Oops.

I'm now barely under maintenance, which is fine, but goodbye saturated fat goal lolol. So worth it. So good.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Wow that's colorful and BEAUTIFUL!
    eeeek on the samosa garlic hamsters!!! HEY!!! What's going on here?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!! :anguished:

Had spicy chicken sausages (I admit, i bought the halal ones because they were handy and the calories looked right).

And corn.

That's it.

Grilling pan. 1g of PAM. spicy chicken snausages scored so that they end up almost forming a ring when cooked. corn on the cob. apply heat. Eat. didn't even add salt or pepper (rubbed sausage on the corn though :lol: )

yes, also had a dark chocolate almond clif bar while logging dinner! :blush:

I'll go away now!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    Channeling @Bella_Figura tonight with a rainbow stirfry (and feeling pretty proud of it!)
    ccooyfks8htu.png

From the garden: Orange bell pepper, serrano pepper, bok choy, 2 small stripey eggplants, thai basil, and garlic chives.

This looks really good….I would eat this!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV why did you rub your sausage on the corn?..( snickering here! )

Laurie what is a samosa?

And Elizalot, I love those colors

And I had a mini binge….I am so screwed!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV why did you rub your sausage on the corn?..( snickering here! )

Laurie what is a samosa?

And Elizalot, I love those colors

And I had a mini binge….I am so screwed!

You made me laugh with that, Connie - I didn't even question that odd behaviour on PAV's part!

Samosa are lovely deep-fried Indian appetizers/snacks. Just a little spicy. Vegetarian is common - but they also come in chicken? I'll find a picture and post it.

Sorry about the binge :(
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Laurie what is a samosa?
    87m1z7gv39ny.jpg

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,796 Member
    Options
    eliezalot wrote: »
    ccooyfks8htu.png

@eliezalot That looks (and sounds!) delicious! You’re now a co-member of the Eat The Rainbow squad! 🥗🌈 🥗🌈🥗
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Laurie those look good, too….
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    So super not healthy food coming up!

I went to the state fair today. Was walking around for 4.5ish hours. I didn't get to eat everything on my list (not even close!), but I got some yummy stuff.

Breakfast was a grilled cheese on ego waffles.
    Lunch was a peach/apple slush and a corndog with mustard.
    Snack was a Bavarian cream puff.
    Then I got a ribeye sandwich which I bought home and had with cheetos (free bag from a Pepsi tent).
    I also have a big pretzel and cheese dip and a caramel apple with peanuts.

Oh, and I bought some local mustard BBQ sauce, summer sausage, white cheddar and caramel popcorn, strawberry hibiscus tea, and strawberry shortbread.