TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Happy November everyone!

For the newcomers, my name is Amber! I am 30 years old and live in Michigan! I have been with myfitnesspal for almost 10 years myself. I’m very up and down but everyday I keep trying my best! I’ve learned a lot with this whole journey. Joining this group has definitely helped! I feel like I have a family to come to when I need support! I can’t wait to see what we can do as a team!

I will be doing my accountability this month too! 😊
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    CW 200 lbs
    10/31

@forbes_melissa Hi, Melissa! Can't wait for you to post your first loss next week and cross over into Onederland at the same time!! The champagne is already on ice, awaiting the celebration!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    kkay2345 wrote: »
    Sunday October 31
    Track: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

I had to use every ounce of my self control to stay under yesterday, but I did it!!

Great job @kkay2345

@kkay2345 I'll second that great job!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday, October 31st

water: 12 cups
    steps: 14,285
    exercise: nothing formal but yes, some shovelling, some pulling and some sweeping outside
    logged: yes
    under: yes

After what felt like three straight weeks of rain, (the poor farmers cannot get their crops in!), we finally had a nice afternoon to get some yard work done. With the steps I got yesterday and my light lunch, I had so many calories to work with for supper. A small serving of chicken, a big plate of roasted squash and an item by item measured out Caesar salad came in at 737 calories. As an evening snack, after 14 measly trick or treaters, I had four mini chocolate bars that came in at 225 calories. That still left me 555 calories in the red!

Yes, it was a good day, but I usually start a new month on a good day! This time I need to continue with "good days" past the first week! One day at a time....

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I didn't track this weekend.I had pizza yesterday - lunch and dinner, but didn't go back in for the extra I just want it meal. I ate quite a bit of chocolate. I still showed a half pound loss this morning. Libra says at the going rate I should meet my Valentine's Day goal. While I often want to ignore my weight loss plan and say "I still lost weight while mindlessly eating and not tracking."
    Today I am saying
    "Imagine what I can do on purpose - with a plan + mindful eating + exercise."
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Sunday, October 31st

water: 12 cups
    steps: 14,285
    exercise: nothing formal but yes, some shovelling, some pulling and some sweeping outside
    logged: yes
    under: yes

After what felt like three straight weeks of rain, (the poor farmers cannot get their crops in!), we finally had a nice afternoon to get some yard work done. With the steps I got yesterday and my light lunch, I had so many calories to work with for supper. A small serving of chicken, a big plate of roasted squash and an item by item measured out Caesar salad came in at 737 calories. As an evening snack, after 14 measly trick or treaters, I had four mini chocolate bars that came in at 225 calories. That still left me 555 calories in the red!

Yes, it was a good day, but I usually start a new month on a good day! This time I need to continue with "good days" past the first week! One day at a time....

I'm glad you got some sunshine and a nice afternoon. We also had sun for the first time in a while.
    Yes, one day at a time, and every one of those days can be good!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Today I am saying
    "Imagine what I can do on purpose - with a plan + mindful eating + exercise."

@brandi-_84 Quoting your quote....because it is a good one!!
  • IvanaKirilova
    IvanaKirilova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Seems like I'm the youngest here. Only 16 y/o but a little overweight. Want to loose fat and build muscle. Wish yall luck🍀

@IvanaKirilova Yes, you are young! Technically you are supposed to be 18 to be on MFP, so if it's all right with you, I will we be taking extra care to make sure you are being safe and smart about weight loss. Although this Biggest Loser Challenge is advertised as a team weight loss competition, it really is more of a support group. Please keep that in mind. That being said, we are happy to have you!

It's completely allright and I actually really appreciate it. Thanks for looking out for me. I promise I'll be safe and responsible❤
  • IvanaKirilova
    Options
    Since I choose Monday as my weight in day I guess I'll be one of the first. My weight is as it was when I signed in: 180. Today wasn't the most productive day. I wasn't home so I had to eat outside. I'm fitting in my calories for the day and walked a lot so I guess I'm satisfied enought.
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sunday 31 October
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Since I choose Monday as my weight in day I guess I'll be one of the first. My weight is as it was when I signed in: 180. Today wasn't the most productive day. I wasn't home so I had to eat outside. I'm fitting in my calories for the day and walked a lot so I guess I'm satisfied enought.

@IvanaKirilova Making "eating out" calories fit into your daily allowance, with or without exercise, is a good day! Next Monday, with a whole week under your belt, you can expect to post your first loss if you keep this up! Just one question...may I ask how tall you are?
  • ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    01/11

Excersize - no still sick longest cold going lol and also got toothache now 😭
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - yes - but too under and the app wouldn't let me complete diary but I'm not hungry much today
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    01/11

Excersize - no still sick longest cold going lol and also got toothache now 😭
    Logged food - yes
    Under calories - yes - but too under and the app wouldn't let me complete diary but I'm not hungry much today

I hope you feel better soon!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Official November Hello to Tbbt team!
    A short bit about me and then a bit of history of why I am here... I'm Shawnee, wife and mom to 3 kiddos..  haha no real kiddo left baby in college now. First semester empty nester here so that is taking some getting used to.  Middle one is college athlete for a 5th  (bonus) season so this fall is cherishing that travel for games for the very last time.  Thankful that it didnt end in the COVID shortened season. My girl is out and about so visits are for fun .. or for doing laundry! Haha. I've got one grand kitty and one grand pup... oh and this dang grand fish from 2017 high school environmental science that seems to love hanging with me!

I was here several years ago and did pretty well..  I left here at 214... then got down to 199 (ONEderland!!) In Aug 2020.
    Then had my surgery on my knee.  Non weight bearing for 6 weeks and then a covid quarantine for another month set me back on pt and healing was long on slow. I watched my weight go up and knowing I could not cardio my calories away, started getting bummed out... which meant for me snacks at night binging tv shows.  Finally got the go ahead to start walking and really all clear in July 21.. got youngest settled at college mid Aug and got a couple walks in, and finally got my courage to go back on treadmill... and a week later had a calf strain pops out of nowhere and an instant can't walk.  Had to cancel a vacation and got bummed... that lead to my old habit... snacks and tv. While my bp was doing semi alright for a non moving chick (aka not great) and blood work was mostly okay, that scale was like the Price is Right mountainclimber quick and wouldnt stop. So Oct 1 I hit stop before I fell off that cliff!  Logged back in here and found this group again.

October big goal was to stop weight increase and get back on track just logging in and logging food.  I did both so that is a good start. 

November big goal is to do the accountability challenge and to (fingers crossed) have healthly enough leg to get moving for real again. 

Looking forward to a good month and hoping to get more into the discussion here this month too!
  • mhoss2
    mhoss2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I forgot to post for the mini challenge yesterday:

Sunday 31 October
    Under: nope
    Exercise: nope - Sundays are usually my lazy day plus Halloween so I had some alcohol and too much chocolate. My daughter's candy is up high in our kitchen so I can't reach it even if I get on the step ladder.. Plus I am afraid of heights so.. win win! My step count was low 6,960.

Monday 1 November
    Exercise: yes.. Took my dog for a 20 min walk after we walked my daughter to school. Hubby and I then walked to lunch and took the long way home. Logged almost 12, 000 steps.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week thus far!!
  • sandkp
    Options
    Daily accountability TBBT
    Day: Sunday October 31
    Exercise: not 20 min straight but over 20 min in walking with pup so not counting it.  Sleep was super needed most of afternoon after college game/visit with #2 Wed and drive to other college Thursday for visit with #3 and then 6 plus hr drive home Fri to pick up #1s pup to watch for the weekend. 
  • sandkp
    Options
    Daily accountability TBBT
    Day: Monday November 1
    Exercise: yes 27 min walk on treadmill
  • forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Checking in - walked 3 miles (60 minutes) and did 20 minutes of yoga. Didn’t drink my gallon of water like I normally do 😕 Good night!
  • kristiekay1962
    kristiekay1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    kristiekay1962
    Nov.1
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 22 min.
    steps: 13426 really busy going everywhere at work, crazy day

WT: Nov. 1
  • IvanaKirilova
    Options

@IvanaKirilova Making "eating out" calories fit into your daily allowance, with or without exercise, is a good day! Next Monday, with a whole week under your belt, you can expect to post your first loss if you keep this up! Just one question...may I ask how tall you are?

Of course. I'm 5.7. I think I should weight 163 because of my body structure but 165 is my goal and will do just fine for me.