TEAM: Belly Flats (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited November 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AB0215
    Options
    barrett550 wrote: »
    Barrett550
    Sunday weigh in
    PW 229
    CW 229
  • AB0215
    Options
    wander216 wrote: »
    Wander216
    Sunday weigh in
    Pw 177
    Cw177
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    October 31st
    Previous Weight: 227.8
    Current Weight: 228
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Friday
    Previous Weight: 151.4
    Current Weight: 150.6

Sorry I'm late.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    November week 1
    Monday
    PW: 154.6
    CW: 155.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys, I don't want to assume anything since we have a new team Flab-U-Less/Gutbusters but we have a couple of things up for a vote.

Team name-we can keep Flab-U-Less or we can create a new one, or even a combined team name like Flab-U-Less Gutbusters! Any comments/thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Next up is Weekly Challenges. Normally we try to do something to foster daily participation, something like the Mini-Accountability-Challenge we've done in the past where we track activity, food intake, etc and we can certainly do that again if we like that. Personally, I think it helps to remind ourselves of our goals daily and stick to a plan that gets us to the end goal, this is actually a form of another goal, called a process goal. Process goals ultimately get us to our outcome goals (in this case weight loss) and therefore it can be a really useful tool long term, however, it's not the only option, we can do step challenges or anything really, and suggestions are welcome!

And lastly, any volunteers to help with team admin would be appreciated. We've had @Augos and @looneycatblue before and if you're up to it, you can continue to add weights for the team and hopefully it won't seem so like so much if you're both working together. Also if anyone is interested in helping, the more the merrier and just let me know. I am also creating a spreadsheet for the daily challenges as well.
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    TypingToaster
    November Week 1
    Previous Weight: 345 (October 17th)
    Current Weight: 346.2

I haven't restarted tae bo, but I did try walking 2k steps each day last week. This week is 2,500 steps per day. I'm also going to do the daily accountability again. I refuse to get to 350 pounds.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    At the risk of hurting some feelings, I'll say I'm not enthusiastic about the name Flab-U-Less. While it's a clever play on words, it is unappealing to me because: having lost ~95 pounds over the past 16 months, I now have rather unsightly "flabs", and I don't like the reminder. I like Gutbusters because it seems more (pro)active, and at this point in my journey, I'm getting into yoga and pilates (and possibly tai chi) to strengthen my abdominals and to improve balance and flexibility. I've found that for me, diet alone doesn't cut it, I have to exercise.
  • AB0215
    Options
    At the risk of hurting some feelings, I'll say I'm not enthusiastic about the name Flab-U-Less. While it's a clever play on words, it is unappealing to me because: having lost ~95 pounds over the past 16 months, I now have rather unsightly "flabs", and I don't like the reminder. I like Gutbusters because it seems more (pro)active, and at this point in my journey, I'm getting into yoga and pilates (and possibly tai chi) to strengthen my abdominals and to improve balance and flexibility. I've found that for me, diet alone doesn't cut it, I have to exercise.

@frankwbrown One suggestion I'd thought of was Gut-U-Less @looneycatblue had thought of Less-Gut or Gut-Less

Another team captain had suggested Flab-U-Less Gutbusters as a way to signify the merge.

I am hoping that others will chime in as I don't want to just outright choose, I'd rather have input.

Feel free to come up with your own suggestion as well.
  • erinmorgan
    erinmorgan Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    erinmorgan
    November week 1
    PW: 202
    CW: 202

I would really like to get under 200 this month and stay there!! I’m trying to add more exercise to my weeks.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

@frankwbrown One suggestion I'd thought of was Gut-U-Less @looneycatblue had thought of Less-Gut or Gut-Less

Another team captain had suggested Flab-U-Less Gutbusters as a way to signify the merge.

I am hoping that others will chime in as I don't want to just outright choose, I'd rather have input.

Feel free to come up with your own suggestion as well.

All I got right now is: Fitfinders, Fitflyers, Fatbusters, Go4fit ...
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 My vote is for Gut-U-Less

I am still here, just been busy... ready to get myself going for a strong November!

Yes, I can help with the worksheets... :)
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    We seem to be missing weigh-ins for:

Sunday
    @Augos
    @Jodee2021
    @Pumpitusa
    @TypingToaster

Monday
    @Augos (listed twice on worksheet?)
    @cormierannie

If I missed you, please let me know. <3
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm okay with Flab-U-Less Gutbusters but I read @frankwbrown doesn't care for it because of the "Flab" reminder. Here's some names I'll throw in the ring as alternatives....
    Goal Busters
    Guts to Dust
    Belly Flats
    Goal Crushers

That's all I got. 6ntbfhhjxs14.png
  • AB0215
    edited November 2021
    Options
    How about Gut-U-Less as a way to remove the flab part but also pay tribute to the 2 teams that were combined?

I also had the thought of Flab-Busters but I don't know if that is still too close to home @frankwbrown or if it's symbolic enough of merging the teams but still the point of being here is that we're working on ourselves altogether and eventually tightening the flab that's left behind? I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Mini-Accountability Challenge

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. I definitely encourage participation for a couple reasons, one of the being it helps to keep your goals in focus daily but also it's motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    I'm okay with Flab-U-Less Gutbusters but I read @frankwbrown doesn't care for it because of the "Flab" reminder. Here's some names I'll throw in the ring as alternatives....
    Goal Busters
    Guts to Dust
    Belly Flats
    Goal Crushers

That's all I got. 6ntbfhhjxs14.png

I re-read this list and Belly Flats sticks out as cute and fun.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options

cormierannie
    Week 1
    PW 169 pounds
    Cw 168 pounds
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    looneycatblue
    Daily Post (Tue)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - under
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min walk, busy at work + other, 12k+ steps! :o
    Goals/Day/Comments: My goal today was to keep on track... just need to do this on a daily basis, and not beat myself up when I get off-course. o:)

Onward!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Calli1616
    Daily Post (Wed) - only 3 days in and I'm behind! Took me a minute to remember the merge! I had a great October and I've slid back a bit - Halloween always gets me off track! Since today is my first day here, I'm jumping on the mini-accountability challenge, but can't report in as my day has just gotten started. I'll be back tomorrow with the track/calories/exercise report. Happy November team - whoever we are! :D
This discussion has been closed.