Shrinking Assets Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Things are looking good! Lots of green (losses!) and only 5 more weigh-ins due by 8 am (Eastern US/Canada) Sunday:
    @socajam
    @bionicpuffy
    @Anniesquats100
    @pipsqueak34
    @Stefbomb2020

No one will be penalised for late or no weigh-ins this week - it is a bit of a mess for the app on Android, and everyone is scrambling a bit. I hope you can get there and record the weights for the week, but don't panic if you cannot!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member

I’ve been wanting to try the tuna ‘cups’ that some people make in small cupcake tins prepared as snacks. I think they would satisfy a salty craving — but maybe not. I tend to lean toward savory and umami flavors so I’m starting to wander here! 😬

Hi @PatriceFitnessPal I'm a Captain from another team and saw your message about tuna cups...I'm intrigued...what can you tell me about them as I LOVE tuna and frequently take the tuna pouches to work and make sandwiches for my lunches. This might be something I'd want to try...you can send me an email to jakrall@cox.net or find me in the TrimStones chatroom...would love to hear a produce reference and/or recipe if you have it.

Thanks...love some of your snack and tea/chai ideas...
    Take care!
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    results-are-in.gif

Our second week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

November Week Two Results

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

3krkus9u9vev.png

Looking to start November Week Three out strong? Check out our new challenge!

November Week Three Challenge - Move More!

theres-always-a-new-challenge-to-keep-you-motivated-124c88f96c97174cadb5679693d65219.jpg

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited November 2021
    @jessicakrall8 - I’ll also try to find the TrimStones team space - but the new format might make it tricky until we can learn to navigate the site - so, I’m posting a couple of recipe links here:

https://chickenofthesea.com/foodservice/recipes/albacore-tuna-muffin-cups

https://starkist.com/recipes/tuna-salad-cups

I heard the idea from someone in an Accountability buddy thread I follow. I think people who follow a keto diet might have other ideas so that might be another MFP group worth checking for recipes. Thanks for all the work you do for the Fit2Fat and TrimStones groups!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Woohoo! Congratulations @chublet25 @BlueSkyNomad and @thetigers !! Fabulous week of results. :smile:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Congratulations to all the Shrinking Assets on the leader board and in the green!

I’ll look forward to this week’s movement challenge. I have a soccer game at 8pm so I’ll sign in later and report the score — Hope to see some of you in the Week 3 space!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Well my first night out in 18 months didn't work out and I got pinged to go and get a PCR test which is done and now to await the result!

Great work on the weight loss everyone!

We had a night out at a bar with a live band last night. I can’t even remember the last time we did that! I’m up a pound as a result but hopefully mostly sodium. I was good and only had one glass of wine.

Hope you get good test results soon; the waiting would give me anxiety!

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    @jessicakrall8 - I’ll also try to find the TrimStones team space - but the new format might make it tricky until we can learn to navigate the site - so, I’m posting a couple of recipe links here:

https://chickenofthesea.com/foodservice/recipes/albacore-tuna-muffin-cups

https://starkist.com/recipes/tuna-salad-cups

I heard the idea from someone in an Accountability buddy thread I follow. I think people who follow a keto diet might have other ideas so that might be another MFP group worth checking for recipes. Thanks for all the work you do for the Fit2Fat and TrimStones groups!

Thank you @PatriceFitnessPal,
    I've been looking for ways to increase my protein intake. Coincidentally, I just had some tuna today. I like to add some diced celery, bell pepper, carrot, and a little habanero pepper for a kick. I usually just have sandwiches, but sometimes I'll make tuna patties. But these tuna "muffins" look delicious and convenient, so I'm going to give them a try. I also enjoy adding some tuna (or canned chicken breast) to some white gravy and have it over drop biscuits.

I might also try that "muffin" recipe with chicken in place of tuna. I'm looking for more variety in ways to increase my protein intake.
  • pipsqueak34
    pipsqueak34 Posts: 19 Member
    Friday weigh-in
    pipsqueak34
    PW:142.6
    CW:142.8
    I did not have access to community for 3 days!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited November 2021
    @socajam - Best wishes managing everything in the next couple of months. I’m sending a link to a MFP thread that might be useful in maintaining the progress you’ve made:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787818/minimum-basic-and-preferred-habits#latest

I’ve heard it can be productive to take a break. The main idea of the discussion above is to focus on minimum-level habits that help us keep a healthy routine when life is overwhelmingly busy. I clear plan can prevent us from slipping too much during the break. We’ll look forward to your renewed energy and perspective when you return in the new year!
This discussion has been closed.