Options

Replies

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Update from last night...

Evening Guys... 😎

A little better day today... Less painful then yesterday. Our New Clothes dryer was delivered as well and installed. (But they did a bad job of it, but at least we can wash and dry clothes).

Workouts are going a long way to making me feel alive and moving forward in a good direction. I'm still blowing up to be honest. Apparently, the extra work I've been putting in on "Off-days" is paying dividends. I literally managed all 10 reps in my first and second set of DB presses today (with a smidge of help on the 10th.) So yeep, already moving to 95 dumbbells next week. Heck this weekend I might just go for 100lb on the weekend to see what I can do. Everything is getting stronger as well, shoulders, triceps. I'm already sore, so a real good sign. 🙂

As for my diet and choices... All have been tightly buckled down and I feel good about myself again. No idea what the weigh in will say, but as long as I keep making good choices like I have the last couple days, I don't really care so much.

I'm hoping for another good day tomorrow. Also for fun I put together a 125 pound dumbbell , and it's sitting by the bench downstairs waiting for me to come home tomorrow. I'm bound and determined to try and do 5 sets of 6 reps HEAVT Bent over Dumbbell rows with each hand. It's good to go extra heavy sometimes. Assuming my arm doesn't rip off at the elbow. 😈😄 😬😆

And phewy I forgot to stop my watch for the last 50 minutes. So I'll spare you all the Electro Cardio gram. lol

Didn't burn as much today.. 800-900 give or take. But I'll take it.

Hoping for another good day tomorrow. Peace guys.

Also upgraded my dumbbell station with a shelf for all those screws - nice and neat now.

a321re0urnyl.jpg
    hz9n2pwfr1ed.jpg

I can make up to a set of 180 pound dumbbells and a set of 90's at the same time... or have almost 600 pounds to spread over 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells. I'm fairly confident I don't really need more at this point. Well maybe just 1 more 22.5 pound plate for the kettlebell so I don't have to swap to and from.

and here's what that 125 pound dumbbell looks like. ;)

1ufe0darkrfy.jpg

• MariEverAfter
    MariEverAfter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry i havent posted or interacted lately, my community section in my app hasnt been working really well this days. I do try to read everyones posts, they really do encourage me to keep going even when im feeling like im gonna flop! Thank you guys so much for that! :)

A little update: I dont know why, but my weight has being in a keto plateau this couple of days and its getting me a little frustrated but im trying my best to not get discourage by the scale. I got a little scared cause i saw my weight go some pounds up out of nowhere but i havent been changing anything on my daily food/macro ruting. Hope i can get out of this state soon!

Hope everyone is doing great, and if you are having a rough day dont forget, one step at a time. Its okay to have bad days, do things you like and dont worry about the results only, enjoy the journey!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Overdue
    @jimboden3

Hi Linda - I had posted this 2 days earlier ...

November 16
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 15, 2021)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 212.9
    SW: 240

Sorry I'm a day late - I've been terribly busy with work and spent most of the weekend on my laptop - except for celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday night which showed up on my Monday morning weigh-in. Work should slow down to a 'normal' level this week and I'll make more of an effort to get off my butt!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    Overdue
    @jimboden3

Hi Linda - I had posted this 2 days earlier ...

November 16
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 15, 2021)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 212.9
    SW: 240

Sorry I'm a day late - I've been terribly busy with work and spent most of the weekend on my laptop - except for celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday night which showed up on my Monday morning weigh-in. Work should slow down to a 'normal' level this week and I'll make more of an effort to get off my butt!

Sorry I missed this. Hope things are slowing down for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cormierannie
    pw 166 pounds
    cw 165 pounds
    weigh in day wednesday

Awesome loss! Are you still dancing?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. One more hump day in the books. Enjoy your friday eve.

Check in for 11/17:
    Steps - 5206. Went walking around a mall with the wife. Shopped at see's candy and bought some. Moderation. One win was that I didn't get any peanut brittle.
    Calories - 1639. Had a half piece of baklava for dessert
    Exercise - daughter said I couldn't go on a hike alone. I will either hit the gym or streets before my video meeting tomorrow

Moderation is one of the keys to weight loss! Enjoy the gym.

Daily check-in
    Calories 1051
    Steps 6739

How’s the Zumba coming along?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I need to be excused from the rest of the month on both the steps and challenge. My back is day 3 of hurting and has not improved. Sorry guys.

I will marked you excused for the next 2 weeks. Let us know how your back is doing. Get lots of rest and hopefully things will start to improve.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    That is one big dumbbell. I can’t imagine trying to lift it.

@MariEverAfter
    Sorry you are still having trouble with the app. You have had a huge lost for 2 weeks in a row so it is not surprising that it would slow. There are all kinds of reasons for jumps in the scale from amount of sodium in a meal or even hormonal issues. I am sure if you keep sticking with your plan things will start moving in the right direction again. Love your advice for a bad day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Calories ❌
    Close Rings ✅

Just waiting for my zoom appointment with the arthritis society. I am seeing a physiotherapist this morning. They are also going to be offering me pain management services. This is all free which is good as I used up all my benefits for 2021. I am off to the pool after but I may just do some light pool exercises as it has been 2 weeks since I had a rest day.

My eating this week has been terrible especially after coming off a fairly good weekend eating wise. I had a full out binge last night which scares me. I think a lot of factors have contributed to the eating but I got to get a grip.

Happy Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Converted steps 11,189
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,116 Member
    Options
    I need to be excused from the rest of the month on both the steps and challenge. My back is day 3 of hurting and has not improved. Sorry guys.

I will excuse you ... I hope you feel better soon ...Hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,116 Member
    Options
    Went for our walk this morning ...46 degrees and patchy fog ... we walked 118 minutes..5.32 miles ...Got my labs done ...see him next week ... I also got summoned to jury duty ... I will have to call on Friday the 26th and possibly go in on Monday ughhh ...
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Steps 11/17: 19,537
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 221.6
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    daily check in thursday
    calories: under
    exercise: 135 minutes; walking and dancing
    steps: 10,000
    have an amazing day, everyone!
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Weigh in Day- Thurs
    SW: 107.1
    PW: 104.9
    CW: 105.3

Hormones...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Thank you to all of those that replied with some motivation! I often forget to check the community tab

@Melaniebl2000 How are you going? Community doesn't notify unless you're already in community (which I think is annoying). I sent you a friend request; hopefully if you have some people in your feed it might also help with motivation.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    I went to the surgeon today and I got my surgery date!!! December 15th is the date. Just have to get my pulmonologist to sign off that I am fit for surgery. I am sure that she will as she said I was fit to scuba dive. I am fit to have surgery.

Let me know when you get closer if you will need to be moved to support while you recover. Christmas surgerys suck. I had both my hysterectomy (2001) and my knee replacement (2016) a week before Christmas.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been engaged this week. Work is super crazy right now, my boss just landed a promotion so I'm getting a temporary promotion and will be doing two jobs for awhile. A lot is getting piled on my plate at once. My weigh-in last Friday was great and I was so happy, but this week the scale has bounced up - argh! I can tell I'm retaining water (stress, lack of sleep, etc.), plus it didn't help that I had a bit of a binge Monday night. I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow, but I know I need to just move on and start fresh and not worry too much. I did manage to fit in a 3 mile run on Tuesday evening, and tonight I did a super short run on the treadmill and then took my dog for a rainy moon walk. With Thanksgiving next week, I'm not planning to see a big loss in pounds, but hopefully I'll at least maintain where I'm at.
This discussion has been closed.