Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,804 Member
    Steps ✅
    Calories ❌
    Close Rings ✅

Found out last night my youngest granddaughter is in hospital. They are not sure what’s wrong but she is where she needs to be. Of course worry mode set in and I ate my weight in food to calm myself. I am off to the pool for a quick swim as I have an appointment with my dietitian this morning. I am still having issues with getting the heart rate while e exercising so yesterday I moved it to my right wrist and it seemed to work fine. I am going to contact Apple later today.

Happy Wednesday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Converted steps 10,967
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,885 Member
    We are off to go on our walk ... I will be doing the step challenge results when we get back ... Aspen is being stubborn with her pills ... I know I am not suppose to give her people food but what do I do ....This morning we tried PB she wouldn't take it so I got a spoonful of cottage cheese put her 2 pills in it and she gobbled it up ...I will be glad when this is over ... I have to do it for an entire month ughhh ..
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    November has not been my month. Pulled a muscle in my back. So won't be exercising for a couple of days
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    r9riau8e9rvy.jpg
    November Week 2 Results
    Top 5 steppers are:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 126,764 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 - 125, 287 steps
    3rd @tahm42 - 80,611 steps
    4th @lindamtuck2018 - 80,533 steps
    5th @rwood566 - 52, 764 steps
    WELL DONE LADIES AND GENTLEMAN :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 624,507 steps
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 - 5/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 7/7
    @Pippin20206 - 2/7
    @888Angie888- 6/7
    @rlaskey2 - 2/7
    @red1185 - 4/7
    @rwood566 - 6/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 - 5/7
    @tahm42 - 7/7
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Steps 11/16: 19,008
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,296 Member
    cormierannie
    pw 166 pounds
    cw 165 pounds
    weigh in day wednesday
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    My Dr's office called today so I will be going down for labs tomorrow then I see my Dr. on Tuesday :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. One more hump day in the books. Enjoy your friday eve.

Check in for 11/17:
    Steps - 5206. Went walking around a mall with the wife. Shopped at see's candy and bought some. Moderation. One win was that I didn't get any peanut brittle.
    Calories - 1639. Had a half piece of baklava for dessert
    Exercise - daughter said I couldn't go on a hike alone. I will either hit the gym or streets before my video meeting tomorrow
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1051
    Steps 6739
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited November 2021
    Update from last night...

Evening Guys... 😎

A little better day today... Less painful then yesterday. Our New Clothes dryer was delivered as well and installed. (But they did a bad job of it, but at least we can wash and dry clothes).

Workouts are going a long way to making me feel alive and moving forward in a good direction. I'm still blowing up to be honest. Apparently, the extra work I've been putting in on "Off-days" is paying dividends. I literally managed all 10 reps in my first and second set of DB presses today (with a smidge of help on the 10th.) So yeep, already moving to 95 dumbbells next week. Heck this weekend I might just go for 100lb on the weekend to see what I can do. Everything is getting stronger as well, shoulders, triceps. I'm already sore, so a real good sign. 🙂

As for my diet and choices... All have been tightly buckled down and I feel good about myself again. No idea what the weigh in will say, but as long as I keep making good choices like I have the last couple days, I don't really care so much.

I'm hoping for another good day tomorrow. Also for fun I put together a 125 pound dumbbell , and it's sitting by the bench downstairs waiting for me to come home tomorrow. I'm bound and determined to try and do 5 sets of 6 reps HEAVT Bent over Dumbbell rows with each hand. It's good to go extra heavy sometimes. Assuming my arm doesn't rip off at the elbow. 😈😄 😬😆

And phewy I forgot to stop my watch for the last 50 minutes. So I'll spare you all the Electro Cardio gram. lol

Didn't burn as much today.. 800-900 give or take. But I'll take it.

Hoping for another good day tomorrow. Peace guys.

Also upgraded my dumbbell station with a shelf for all those screws - nice and neat now.

a321re0urnyl.jpg
    hz9n2pwfr1ed.jpg

I can make up to a set of 180 pound dumbbells and a set of 90's at the same time... or have almost 600 pounds to spread over 4 or 5 sets of dumbbells. I'm fairly confident I don't really need more at this point. Well maybe just 1 more 22.5 pound plate for the kettlebell so I don't have to swap to and from.

and here's what that 125 pound dumbbell looks like. ;)

1ufe0darkrfy.jpg

• MariEverAfter
    MariEverAfter Posts: 22 Member
    Hi everyone, sorry i havent posted or interacted lately, my community section in my app hasnt been working really well this days. I do try to read everyones posts, they really do encourage me to keep going even when im feeling like im gonna flop! Thank you guys so much for that! :)

A little update: I dont know why, but my weight has being in a keto plateau this couple of days and its getting me a little frustrated but im trying my best to not get discourage by the scale. I got a little scared cause i saw my weight go some pounds up out of nowhere but i havent been changing anything on my daily food/macro ruting. Hope i can get out of this state soon!

Hope everyone is doing great, and if you are having a rough day dont forget, one step at a time. Its okay to have bad days, do things you like and dont worry about the results only, enjoy the journey!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 334 Member
    Overdue
    @jimboden3

Hi Linda - I had posted this 2 days earlier ...

November 16
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 15, 2021)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 212.9
    SW: 240

Sorry I'm a day late - I've been terribly busy with work and spent most of the weekend on my laptop - except for celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday night which showed up on my Monday morning weigh-in. Work should slow down to a 'normal' level this week and I'll make more of an effort to get off my butt!
  • lindamtuck2018
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    Overdue
    @jimboden3

Hi Linda - I had posted this 2 days earlier ...

November 16
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 15, 2021)
    PW: 212.5
    CW: 212.9
    SW: 240

Sorry I'm a day late - I've been terribly busy with work and spent most of the weekend on my laptop - except for celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday night which showed up on my Monday morning weigh-in. Work should slow down to a 'normal' level this week and I'll make more of an effort to get off my butt!

Sorry I missed this. Hope things are slowing down for you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    cormierannie
    pw 166 pounds
    cw 165 pounds
    weigh in day wednesday

Awesome loss! Are you still dancing?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. One more hump day in the books. Enjoy your friday eve.

Check in for 11/17:
    Steps - 5206. Went walking around a mall with the wife. Shopped at see's candy and bought some. Moderation. One win was that I didn't get any peanut brittle.
    Calories - 1639. Had a half piece of baklava for dessert
    Exercise - daughter said I couldn't go on a hike alone. I will either hit the gym or streets before my video meeting tomorrow

Moderation is one of the keys to weight loss! Enjoy the gym.

Daily check-in
    Calories 1051
    Steps 6739

How’s the Zumba coming along?
  • lindamtuck2018
    I need to be excused from the rest of the month on both the steps and challenge. My back is day 3 of hurting and has not improved. Sorry guys.

I will marked you excused for the next 2 weeks. Let us know how your back is doing. Get lots of rest and hopefully things will start to improve.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Poobah1972
    That is one big dumbbell. I can’t imagine trying to lift it.

@MariEverAfter
    Sorry you are still having trouble with the app. You have had a huge lost for 2 weeks in a row so it is not surprising that it would slow. There are all kinds of reasons for jumps in the scale from amount of sodium in a meal or even hormonal issues. I am sure if you keep sticking with your plan things will start moving in the right direction again. Love your advice for a bad day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps ✅
    Calories ❌
    Close Rings ✅

Just waiting for my zoom appointment with the arthritis society. I am seeing a physiotherapist this morning. They are also going to be offering me pain management services. This is all free which is good as I used up all my benefits for 2021. I am off to the pool after but I may just do some light pool exercises as it has been 2 weeks since I had a rest day.

My eating this week has been terrible especially after coming off a fairly good weekend eating wise. I had a full out binge last night which scares me. I think a lot of factors have contributed to the eating but I got to get a grip.

Happy Thursday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Converted steps 11,189
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I need to be excused from the rest of the month on both the steps and challenge. My back is day 3 of hurting and has not improved. Sorry guys.

I will excuse you ... I hope you feel better soon ...Hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Went for our walk this morning ...46 degrees and patchy fog ... we walked 118 minutes..5.32 miles ...Got my labs done ...see him next week ... I also got summoned to jury duty ... I will have to call on Friday the 26th and possibly go in on Monday ughhh ...
  • 888Angie888
    edited November 2021
    Steps 11/17: 19,537
  • 888Angie888
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 221.6
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,296 Member
    daily check in thursday
    calories: under
    exercise: 135 minutes; walking and dancing
    steps: 10,000
    have an amazing day, everyone!
  • Weigh in Day- Thurs
    SW: 107.1
    PW: 104.9
    CW: 105.3

Hormones...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming
  • Thank you to all of those that replied with some motivation! I often forget to check the community tab

@Melaniebl2000 How are you going? Community doesn't notify unless you're already in community (which I think is annoying). I sent you a friend request; hopefully if you have some people in your feed it might also help with motivation.
  • lindamtuck2018
    tahm42 wrote: »
    I went to the surgeon today and I got my surgery date!!! December 15th is the date. Just have to get my pulmonologist to sign off that I am fit for surgery. I am sure that she will as she said I was fit to scuba dive. I am fit to have surgery.

Let me know when you get closer if you will need to be moved to support while you recover. Christmas surgerys suck. I had both my hysterectomy (2001) and my knee replacement (2016) a week before Christmas.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    edited November 2021
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been engaged this week. Work is super crazy right now, my boss just landed a promotion so I'm getting a temporary promotion and will be doing two jobs for awhile. A lot is getting piled on my plate at once. My weigh-in last Friday was great and I was so happy, but this week the scale has bounced up - argh! I can tell I'm retaining water (stress, lack of sleep, etc.), plus it didn't help that I had a bit of a binge Monday night. I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow, but I know I need to just move on and start fresh and not worry too much. I did manage to fit in a 3 mile run on Tuesday evening, and tonight I did a super short run on the treadmill and then took my dog for a rainy moon walk. With Thanksgiving next week, I'm not planning to see a big loss in pounds, but hopefully I'll at least maintain where I'm at.
This discussion has been closed.