• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,241 Member
    Wednesday Maintenance weigh in:
    CW: 152.4
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,900 Member
    edited November 2021
    socajam wrote: »
    Could you remove my name from the list, I will return in the New Year - too much stuff going on right now.
    Thanks - Good luck ladies and all the best for the holidays

No problems! I'll put you on the "Support Team" (aka Cheer Squad) so you can come in and post messages if you want to, even if you're not weighing in. I'll mark it that you'll return in January. Have a great break!
    chublet25 wrote: »
    My run of 33 weeks of losing at least 2 pounds per week has ended in me losing only 1.6 pounds this week. I know it was inevitable, but it is a sad day nonetheless. :'(

It is not sad at all! Take a look at the % rather than the pounds, and you will see that you are still over 1% in one week. As you get smaller, each pound is a bigger part of you! Well done :smiley:

@coblujay BluJeans!! Isn't that the best feeling? No more size 20s. :smiley:

@justanotherloser007 You too! Hitting a personal best since 1994 - that pie should be eaten while wearing a tiara and having people waiting on you hand and foot. Just for a few minutes...

@hipari Happy baby, happy mom, happy fish eaters! Sounds like a lot of wins there. Making everyone smile.

Well done this week, Assets! Just a few more weigh-ins needed by end of play today:

@DyanasLBSGoingDown
    @bionicpuffy
    @Anniesquats100
    @pipsqueak34
    @Nature003Life
    @Stefbomb2020

Thanks!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    I've been following a low carb/keto eating plan for the last 7 months or so with slow results (roughly 5 lbs per month) but results none the less. Had bloodwork done earlier this week for my doctor. Cholesterol came back 300 with my LDL ("Bad Cholesterol") hitting 211! Doctor wants me to follow the "Mediterranean" diet. Lots of fish, chicken (no skin), red meat once a week, eat more whole grains and beans (such as black beans & kidney beans) for fiber, no processed foods like bacon, sausage, lunchmeat and to put me on cholesterol medication. It is difficult for me to transition away from what I have been doing but I will do it for my health.

Anyone following that eating plan right now? Any pointers?
  • jugar
    leni1us wrote: »
    I've been following a low carb/keto eating plan for the last 7 months or so with slow results (roughly 5 lbs per month) but results none the less. Had bloodwork done earlier this week for my doctor. Cholesterol came back 300 with my LDL ("Bad Cholesterol") hitting 211! Doctor wants me to follow the "Mediterranean" diet. Lots of fish, chicken (no skin), red meat once a week, eat more whole grains and beans (such as black beans & kidney beans) for fiber, no processed foods like bacon, sausage, lunchmeat and to put me on cholesterol medication. It is difficult for me to transition away from what I have been doing but I will do it for my health.

Anyone following that eating plan right now? Any pointers?

I find this to be the most wonderful way to eat. I rarely eat any meat, plenty of fish, beans of all kinds, and TONS of vegetables. I am one of those people who can eat zero cholesterol and make enough to be in the borderline zone between normal and high. Keeping to this kind of diet has prevented me from going into high. I can eat HUGE portions because most of the plate is covered with vegetables. I eat very few grains - even whole ones, and that makes it easy to go for a volume that is very satisfying without lots of fat and calories. This is not low carb - just low grain, although most people enjoy some whole grains in the mix. In any case, it is a delicious and enjoyable way to eat. Give it a try!
  • jugar
    Last minute? You can still get your week 3 weigh-in done if you are really fast!!

@DyanasLBSGoingDown
    @bionicpuffy
    @Anniesquats100
    @pipsqueak34
    @Nature003Life
    @Stefbomb2020

And the first people of Week 4 - ready to roll? Sunday and Monday weigh-ins:

@TheMrWobbly
    @DyanasLBSGoingDown
    @peachplace
    @bionicpuffy
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @toriirving
    @gelatinouscube
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @jugar Yes! No more 20's. I went to a retirement party for a friend on Friday. I felt wonderful and happy to be out in public and be well on my way. Thank you!

Congratulations to @TheMrWobbly @KittyInBoots17 and @chublet25 !!!
  • jugar
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 57 Member
    BlueSkyNomad
    Monday
    SW: 216 (BMI 34.9)
    PW: 205
    CW: 202 (BMI 32.8)
This discussion has been closed.